stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends what source you choose to believe. Probably never know the real truth.

So the Bears hired Polian mid season to evaluate the Bears, and they ended uplaunching George’s son he never had, and YOU THINK that it wasn’t at Polian’s recommendation.

Check.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It sure sounded you were saying they were the same. But for now you are saying that BP, who built three SB teams, is TOO OLD for his opinion to matter. Even though he convinced George to fire his bestie. And that ANYBODY could have made GRORGE MCCASKEY, celebrated dumbass, to launch Pace.

Gotcha. Check and Check
You wrote that Polian is 70. He is 79. He has also been out actual NFL GM work for 12 years and was canned by Jim Irsay ten years ago.

You are the one who said, unequivocally, that Polian didn't stop being smart about football. How do you know that?

You also said Poles was first on his list. That does not seem to be true.

It does seem to be true, however, that Polian was pushing for people that he had existing relationships with for the Bears' position, and that George did not listen to his advice on Poles (although we can't tell for sure).

Now you are saying that him convincing George of what most everyone who pays attention knows is proof that he knows football. FYI George also listened to Ernie Accorsi in 2015.

You can see the issues with the logic in the above statements?

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OK so I had 70 vs 79, and TO YOU, that makes ALL the difference.

And a guy with 19 followers on Twitter says Poles wasn't BP's first choice, and THATS PROOF.

And also Polian's INFLUENCE on George to jettison his BFF, that any schlub could have done, didn't have anything to do with Pace's firing.

And now YOU are saying that we need PROOF THAT BILL POLIAN, who BUILT THREE SUPER BOWL TEAMS, STILL KNOWS FOOTBALL, because he is 79.

Do I have all that right?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
OK so I had 70 vs 79, and TO YOU, that makes ALL the difference.

And a guy with 19 followers on Twitter says Poles wasn't BP's first choice, and THATS PROOF.

And also Polian's INFLUENCE on George to jettison his BFF, didn't have anything to do with it.

And now YOU are saying that we need PROOF THAT BILL POLIAN, who BUILT THREE SUPER BOWL TEAMS KNOWS FOOTBALL, because he is 79.

Do I have all that right?
He built two super bowl teams - Bills and Colts. And he drafted Peyton Manning, with the #1 overall pick, 24 years ago. What I'm saying is that there's a pretty high chance he doesn't know as much about football as he did when he was actually working in the NFL, before he got first by Jim Irsay a decade ago.

I think there is a significant probability that yes, a 79 year old person is less dialed into his former profession than his 70 year old self would have been. That is just basic human physiology.

I can tell you're pretty dialed into Twitter. Not like that guy has been right about pretty much everything related to this search over the last couple weeks.

Rise

Liked Posts:
So the Bears hired Polian mid season to evaluate the Bears, and they ended uplaunching George’s son he never had, and YOU THINK that it wasn’t at Polian’s recommendation.

Check.

Im talking about the decision to hire Poles not the decision to fire Pace.

Piss off with your pompous check garbage like you know everything.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys cunting about Polian ... lol

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, was BP drooling into a cup the whole time and George fired Pace on his own volition? Because anybody could see that it needed to be done, although the consensus was that George was on the fence at best.

Gotcha

Im talking about the decision to hire Poles not the decision to fire Pace.

Piss off with your pompous check garbage like you know everything.

Where's your evidence, besides a guy with 19 followers on Twitter, Pointdexter? Am I missing other INSIDE INFO about the Poles hiring process?

Dipshit

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one knows what happened behind the scenes. At the end of the day, Polian was brought in to help with this process and we got a candidate that most people around the league say was a solid hire. That is all you can ask for.

People have been whining since the McCasky press conference and how we were doomed and just seem to be digging in now. We will find out soon enough if we made the right decision or not.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
YOU: "Polian BUILT TWO Super Bowl teams."

Bills, Panthers and Colts, yep...two teams.

I rest my case

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
YOU: "Polian BUILT TWO Super Bowl teams."

Bills, Panthers and Colts, yep...two teams.

I rest my case
Well the Panthers went to the super bowl in 2003. Polian left in 1997. So if you give him that 6 year cushion, you are right!

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the Panthers went to the super bowl in 2003. Polian left in 1997. So if you give him that 6 year cushion, you are right!

Ahhh right. As GM, he had the Panthers in the NFC Championship in their second year of existence. Not impressive. Then went to Indy and drafted Peyton Manning (that anybody could have done--despite the fact that Ryan Leaf was viewed as an equal prospect) who did the rest. This after the whole four Super Bowls in a row with Buffalo, during the prehistoric era.

Sorry for my mistake. I've made two in this thread! Well three if you count giving Polian credit for Pace's firing. And four if you count giving credit to Polian for the Bears hire of Poles. Well...five in thinking that a 79 year old might still be smart about football. And six, in posting a second time in this thread, and every post thereafter, counting this one, so 12-13 mistakes.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The lengths people will go to just to not have to change their biased opinion…