***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Honestly, seems like no team is overly impressed with any of the available HC candidates.

Its a very weak group, historically weak really when you factor in the amount of openings. Almost a third of the league needs a coach and we are into week 3. Unheard of.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm good with Caldwell being the OC to be paired with a Quinn or Eberflus type HC. If Fields thrives it's less likely Caldwell gets hired away like a younger OC likely would.
I don't know about that. Caldwell clearly is shooting for a HC gig, so if Fields thrives he'll likely take his last change at HC as soon as he can. Goes both ways, I suppose.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Its a very weak group, historically weak really when you factor in the amount of openings. Almost a third of the league needs a coach and we are into week 3. Unheard of.
Kind of. Week 3 of the end of the season. HCs rarely take a job while they are still in the playoffs.

BearsFan1234

Liked Posts:
I don't know about that. Caldwell clearly is shooting for a HC gig, so if Fields thrives he'll likely take his last change at HC as soon as he can. Goes both ways, I suppose.
Caldwell is not even a bad head coach, he took the Colts to the Superbowl and took the shitty Lions to the playoffs twice and has a winning record with the Lions, I would not mind him

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think he was released?! Does that not absolve his contract?

It could be as bad as two high picks …but I say well worth it to see a competent offense in Chicago.
He's under contract until 2024 so they would get compensated if he took another HC gig before then.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
According to him He (Poles) is the guy that is deciding - He said when Poles interviewed, his list of coaches was more than the 3 now and he might expand the list if he decides to.

Just didn't sound like Harbaugh was on anybodies list-

One of the guys I didn't even think of that was brought up in another thread was Poles - Dave Toub connection?

I would be OK with that
Yeah, have not heard Toub's name in a while, not sure why he hasn't gotten the node over the years, must be something there. My issue is I want a younger guy that can have a 20 year run like the Saints, Steelers, Ravens have had and I think Toub is in his 60's.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This guy is the goods. Several different winning organizations, Alabama, Patriots, Bills. Called his own offense for many years for several different teams. Developed over four years, a lights out QB with a similar skill set to JF.

Come on Poles, make this happen!!
Yes this would be my 1st choice, do it now,

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Looking forward to the Poles has completed interviews with Eberflus and Quinn tweet from the Bears.

And a re-mergence of Brian Flores….the best available HC candidate. A young Mike Tomlin.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Trying to look on the bright side if Quinn is hired today he has a head start in assembling his staff. I guess he has a staff ready to go anyways but you never know. A strong staff is obviously extremely important.