***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much I believe this. He only interviewed the three coaches that were granted second interviews by our crackpot search committee.

You mean to tell me that Poles looked at those three and thought, "yup, this is exactly who I would've had as my finalists,"? He didn't want to take a look at one additional person? Not the coach that was part of building up Josh Allen to the point he could go toe-to-toe with Mahomes in Daboll? Not a coach who's literally won a Superbowl against Bill Belichick?

I don't buy it.

If it is a crackpot search committee then wouldnt the problem start with Poles? Or are you saying the crackpots could pick the right GM but not the right HC?

Poles and Eberflus share an agent and are said to have a good relationship.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it is a crackpot search committee then wouldnt the problem start with Poles? Or are you saying the crackpots could pick the right GM but not the right HC?

Poles and Eberflus share an agent and are said to have a good relationship.
I think that is EXACTLY what he is suggesting, how could you take it any other way?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much I believe this. He only interviewed the three coaches that were granted second interviews by our crackpot search committee.

You mean to tell me that Poles looked at those three and thought, "yup, this is exactly who I would've had as my finalists,"? He didn't want to take a look at one additional person? Not the coach that was part of building up Josh Allen to the point he could go toe-to-toe with Mahomes in Daboll? Not a coach who's literally won a Superbowl against Bill Belichick?

I don't buy it.

Or Eberflus was on his own shortlist that he brought with him for the GM interview?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
ANY MOAR NEWS ON DA DC COORDINATOR?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Scouted, drafted, developed and built team around the best QB in a generation for one. Made playoffs 8 of last 9 years for two. Favorites for third SB appearance in a row for three. Lost SB in 2020 in large part due to decimated OL, effectively remade OL in one season for four.

Pace was an over promoted defensive scout and couldn’t see through Matt Nagy’s BS. Does that mean the KC “tree” is poisoned?

In Poles’ defense, he was reportedly Bill Polian’s first choice of 15 candidates. That he was first on George, Ted and the other’s lists is meaningless to me. Polian is 79 years old…he could have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, but he built three SB teams in three different eras. He didn’t stop being smart* about football.

None of this means Poles will be great, but I’d like to believe that if Polian were part of the 2015 process, Pace would have never been hired.

*Re: Polian’s Lamarr Jackson assessment. I would guess a large percentage of NFL evaluators thought the same thing, and they wouldn’t have been wrong. LJ could have been a tremendous WR or played any number of different positions. Polian knows LJ can play.
thanks for the explanation. Still doesn't tell me why all of the love for KC. I thought the Bears were the franchise of football. That's not true? How about the Colts? We handed them player after player. KC, never did business with the Bears until Nagy, and huge fail. HUGE. Poles wasn't even thinking about football four years ago. I'm truly disappointed both in the GM and head coach. I don't get the bears at all. They have their hands constantly stuck in failure. From what I read after your post Polian did not have Poles as his number one choice.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hahahahaha anyone want to retract anything in this thread go right ahead

greg23

Liked Posts:
P

Polian and Dungy "Mccaskey wants some advice, lets sell him on Ryan Poles and fuck them for another 5 years"
5 years?

Looks like they're geniuses as they may get another "consulting" gig only 24 months later......great work if you can find a sucker like the McCasky family