Office Chairs

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have this ongoing thing where I've constantly harassed each of my last 3 bosses to order me a giant, Dr. Claw-like, chair. I'll randomly bring it up in unrelated conversations, insert tiny text about it in emails, and so on. Hasn't worked yet (I'm about 10 months into this, particular, shenanigan), but I'm still hopeful.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Office Chairs < Office Beds

Finally-A-Gaming-Bed-for-Serious-Gamers_0-x.jpg

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since this got bumped, might as well give an update. I ended up being cheap and buying the $160 one mentioned in the original post. I'm VERY happy with it. They should be charging way more for it. Not quite as good as an Aeron, but really fucking close at a fraction of the price.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Since this got bumped, might as well give an update. I ended up being cheap and buying the $160 one mentioned in the original post. I'm VERY happy with it. They should be charging way more for it. Not quite as good as an Aeron, but really fucking close at a fraction of the price.
you had to buy it yourself? wait, sorry, is this a home office thing? I'm in quarantine so can't scroll up

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
no matter how ergonomic the chair, I never seem to get it to do what I want it to do.

I wish you good fortune.

Not to go off topic but will throw this out there before OmeletDodger turns this into a cubicle thread, but our new office is all glass and we have a serious problem with glare. There is no reasonable place to hang glare shields.

My question is, would you be willing to wear one of these to resolve the issue? I am sincerely considering it.

Sun glare shield hat

61sgy2VScXL._SL1006_.jpg

Walking in the office like...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you had to buy it yourself? wait, sorry, is this a home office thing? I'm in quarantine so can't scroll up
Yes, home office. I don't technically have an employer to bill these kinds of things to these days. I guess I'm technically under home quarantine too, like 5 yrs ahead of COVID-19 (which every time I type I think is a Jira ticket).

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, home office. I don't technically have an employer to bill these kinds of things to these days. I guess I'm technically under home quarantine too, like 5 yrs ahead of COVID-19 (which every time I type I think is a Jira ticket).
lol, I always forget that, sorry. Glad you found a chair you like.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My current chair is on its last legs and was never really great, to begin with. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer professionally so I want something good when I upgrade. I really don't want to drop over a grand on a Herman Miller Aeron, but I will if I have to. Been looking around for less expensive alternatives that are close enough in performance, ergonomics, comfort, etc. The Alera Elusion keeps popping up in my research, and I found one for ~$160 for the high back model, but I'm not sure if I trust it given the price point despite many reviews singing its praises. Most people saying it's damn near as good as the Aeron at a fraction of the price. Anyone recently bought a new chair, have one they love, etc?
Can you link to the one you got? Also if you don't mind sharing what dude of human you are.

@Crystallas can you link to the one you got as well.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can you link to the one you got? Also if you don't mind sharing what dude of human you are.

@Crystallas can you link to the one you got as well.
Sure:

You can find these much cheaper than the MSRP on Amazon, etc. $160-170ish. It took me a bit to get it dialed in to exactly what's comfortable (there are a lot of adjustments), but once I did it has been great.

I'm not sure I understood the second part of the question. Are you asking about my height / weight?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Sure:

You can find these much cheaper than the MSRP on Amazon, etc. $160-170ish. It took me a bit to get it dialed in to exactly what's comfortable (there are a lot of adjustments), but once I did it has been great.

I'm not sure I understood the second part of the question. Are you asking about my height / weight?
Oops it auto corrected size to dude...

So yes, what size of human you are, obviously only if you're comfortable sharing that.

I'm 6'3 about 250. With larger shoulders than @Novak

Mostly just curious if the chair might possibly be a fit for me as I'm in the market for a new one.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

So yes, what size of human you are, obviously only if you're comfortable sharing that.

Mostly just curious if the chair might possibly be a fit for me as I'm in the market for a new one.
Gotcha. 6'3" 195ish. Used to be about 230, but lost some weight. It's built pretty substantially. I was surprised how much it weighed when I picked it up.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Imagine being 250 lbs in 2020 LOLOLO

People are LITERALLY dying of CARONOVIRUZ and you're too busy eating donut fried chicken sandwiches to give a CHIT.

smh

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Imagine being 250 lbs in 2020 LOLOLO

People are LITERALLY dying of CARONOVIRUZ and you're too busy eating donut fried chicken sandwiches to give a CHIT.

smh
Imagine being so waifish that a stiff breeze could knock you over. You know heroin chic ended in the nineties... Keep rocking those doc Martin's with your ashy eyes if you must though.