I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Please do post your thoughts about them once you get them.
They turned out pretty solid. Battery life seems legit, it claims the battery life can go up to 6 months without a charge. Really nice picture on them, the app is really standard and easy to use. Definitely worth the $200 for em

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They turned out pretty solid. Battery life seems legit, it claims the battery life can go up to 6 months without a charge. Really nice picture on them, the app is really standard and easy to use. Definitely worth the $200 for em

Cool! Glad they are working good for you. I wonder if I could get them to work with my older dvr camera set-up. I'll have to check into that, but that looks like a good camera to get.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If you guys shop Black Friday on Amazon today or this weekend, use this link! Helps the site!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Are these off brand TV's that wally world ect are slanging worth a couple hundred bucks or no?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are these off brand TV's that wally world ect are slanging worth a couple hundred bucks or no?
I bought a 40" TCL Roku Tv a few months back for a garage TV. I've always just stuck with Samsung/LG in the past but I'm happy with it.

I thought the same thing though when researching. Thought it might suck. I read some reviews and they were solid. I can't really tell a difference between the TCL and my Samsung. Crazy how cheap they are getting.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I bought a 40" TCL Roku Tv a few months back for a garage TV. I've always just stuck with Samsung/LG in the past but I'm happy with it.

I thought the same thing though when researching. Thought it might suck. I read some reviews and they were solid. I can't really tell a difference between the TCL and my Samsung. Crazy how cheap they are getting.
For sure

And even if it only lasts for a few years…at like $400 for a 70 inch, you’re still getting your money’s worth I figure

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do people still consider Vizio to be off-brand? because i bought one 10-11 years ago and its still going strong and at the time it was up there with the competitors as far as picture quality goes.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Do people still consider Vizio to be off-brand? because i bought one 10-11 years ago and its still going strong and at the time it was up there with the competitors as far as picture quality goes.

I dont consider them offbrand. I've had mine for a few years. Works great.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont consider them offbrand. I've had mine for a few years. Works great.
Yeah, i know people used to consider them that but i didn't know about today. I havent been in the market for one for a long time but next time i am, i'm going back to it. The price point for the quality seems great.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My friend bought a Vizio for his kids game room and it’s still working perfect 10+ years later

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I still have a plasma tv from 15 years ago that is still perfect lol

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My friend bought a Vizio for his kids game room and it’s still working perfect 10+ years later
I bought an Olevia when HDTVs first became a thing and it worked great for 10+ years. Just finally got rid of it a few months ago cuz they are so cheap now

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

That is exactly what I was thinking; That perhaps the technology is cheap enough at this point that you are paying more for the name on the front than the electronics within the box.

I currently have a 32" that I bought in 2011, its in a bedroom but was our original replacement for a similar sized tube television and I think it is a 480p max resolution. I paid $250 for it back then and was tickled at how awesome it was compared to the tube tv and for not that much money even back then. Anything I buy is going to be a huge upgrade just by being 4k and a smart TV. It works fine, I am thinking it might become a garage TV or a free TV for someone in need.

@Anytime23 I think that Vizio is considered in the upper middle range these days. The stuff I was looking at was the really cheap stuff like Hisense or ONN. TCL etc. I saw one on black Friday that was like 44" and in the 200 range.

I just was curios if anyone else had bought a cheap one and what the experience was, again it is going in a bedroom.

Also, not to get too freaky here but, what size television do you guys thinks fits well in the bedroom? I was considering moving my 60" Sony in there and buying a larger one for the living room but I have a feeling it would be too big. I am considering somewhere in the 40-50 range. It is a fairly standard size master bedroom.

Maybe an @Crystallas sighting to tell me how all the components are chit tier in black Friday equipment?