Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Will Jerry Reinsdork's butt buddy DUI LaRouchebag pass out when calling in pitchers from the bullpen? Stay tuned!

On a serious note, we will see how effectively Giolito pitches without McCann behind the plate. For the pitching in general, please don't hang changeups, curves, sliders, or other breaking balls over the middle of the plate this weekend to Trout, Rendon, or anyone else in the Angel's lineup, not even Pujols. Also, they need to sign a LF or RF (Cespedes or Puig are a couple of good options) ASAP.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Will Jerry Reinsdork's butt buddy DUI LaRouchebag pass out when calling in pitchers from the bullpen? Stay tuned!

On a serious note, we will see how effectively Giolito pitches without McCann behind the plate. For the pitching in general, please don't hang changeups, curves, sliders, or other breaking balls over the middle of the plate this weekend to Trout, Rendon, or anyone else in the Angel's lineup, not even Pujols. Also, they need to sign a LF or RF (Cespedes or Puig are a couple of good options) ASAP.

Good test for Gio early.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bummer man.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Tough loss. Giolito is really fun to watch. Just lost his command a bit for three batters and got a change down in the fat part. Overall he was filthy.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vaughn in the lineup today.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Defensive lapses have been crucial in the first two games. They’re lucky they crushed the ball last night to overcome the Eaton miscue. The error on Jose was a joke. That should have been a triple. That ball was torched.

Madrigal and Grandal combined to open the door for the Angels in the opener.

On the bright side, Kopech, Mercedes and Foster looked great last night. Mercedes has hit consistently since he’s been with the Sox organization. That bat will play. I have no clue what he looks like behind the plate.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yermin is not an MLB level catcher past emergencies, but he has been a good hitter for years. Can certainly DH at least against lefties and probably some against righties, if they feel comfortable keeping Vaughn in LF most nights.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, Sox blew another late lead. Maybe if Tony Trumpy spent more time coaching the team and less time grumbling about peaceful protests, this wouldn’t be happening.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
0-1 so far under Tony Trumpy ???
Wow, Sox blew another late lead. Maybe if Tony Trumpy spent more time coaching the team and less time grumbling about peaceful protests, this wouldn’t be happening.

When the Ricketts family purchased the team in 2009, their political ties were known. Pete Ricketts, now the Republican governor of Nebraska, had already run for Senate and lost. But those politics became a much tougher pill to swallow when Todd Ricketts, currently the finance chairman of the Republican National Committee, participated in pro-Trump fundraisers towards the end of 2016, raising over $66 million in super-PAC money for a candidate who had already been caught on tape admitting to sexually assaulting women. Putting more money in the Ricketts family’s pockets began to feel like a tacit endorsement of Trump. (Of course, it’s impossible to say where all Cubs fans fall on the political spectrum, but to give you a general idea, Hillary Clinton won 83.7 percent of the vote in Chicago in 2016.) Things got worse in February 2019, when several racist and Islamophobic emails sent by patriarch Joe Ricketts surfaced. In addition to comments like “I think Islam is a cult and not a religion; Christianity and Judaism are … based on love whereas Islam is based on ‘kill the infidel’ a thing of evil,” the elder Ricketts was caught sharing birther conspiracy theories about Barack Obama and forwarding jokes that included racial slurs for Black and Middle Eastern people.

I'd think twice about throwing those stones from your glass house if I was you. Also, I would bet the majority of owners, coaches, executives, and players in sports, especially one as conservative as baseball are right leaning and in the case of owners like the Ricketts, complete reactionary assholes.

In August 2018, the team traded for known homophobe Daniel Murphy. (In 2015, after Major League Ambassador for Inclusion Billy Bean, who is openly gay, visited the Mets clubhouse, Murphy was quoted as saying, “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual. That doesn’t mean I can’t still invest in him and get to know him” and “you can still accept them, but I do disagree with the lifestyle, 100 percent.”)

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
Defensive lapses have been crucial in the first two games. They’re lucky they crushed the ball last night to overcome the Eaton miscue. The error on Jose was a joke. That should have been a triple. That ball was torched.

Madrigal and Grandal combined to open the door for the Angels in the opener.

On the bright side, Kopech, Mercedes and Foster looked great last night. Mercedes has hit consistently since he’s been with the Sox organization. That bat will play. I have no clue what he looks like behind the plate.

Luis Robert pulled a Jose Canseco and had a fly ball hit him on the head that cost us a game as well.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox defense is absolutely atrocious. lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jose with 2 Grand Slams already lol.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lance Lynn pitched a complete game shutout today. Gives the pen two full days off... Much needed as he’s the first starter to go six innings this season... No walks... Great command...

hwkn

Liked Posts:
Today's game postponed due to rain will be made up as part of a split doubleheader on 5/14.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lynn is a fucking hoss, so fun to watch him pitch. Just pounds the zone with fastballs and the occasional slider. I'd let him throw 120 pitches routinely if he was on.