Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They lose a game they probably should have won Sunday and had the reverse happen last night but that’s Baseball.

In the long run, their bullpen should be the differentiator in the division battle. There are signs with Kopech and Heuer throwing so well. Marshall had his best outing of the season and made that win possible last night.

Liam needs to sharpen up his stuff. Sunday he looked pretty average for a major league closer and it cost the team a win.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The best thing about the season so far has been Kopech. Closely followed by Lynn. Keuchel is starting the inevitable decline, hopefully he can piece it together for a decent season but he fell apart last night out of nowhere and has been meh.

Hopefully the bats wake up soon, but it's tough when Leury is playing basically every day and Nick Williams is getting playing time ahead of Vaughn. Very little consistency other than Eaton (!) and Yermin. Jose looks like he's pressing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The best thing about the season so far has been Kopech. Closely followed by Lynn. Keuchel is starting the inevitable decline, hopefully he can piece it together for a decent season but he fell apart last night out of nowhere and has been meh.

Hopefully the bats wake up soon, but it's tough when Leury is playing basically every day and Nick Williams is getting playing time ahead of Vaughn. Very little consistency other than Eaton (!) and Yermin. Jose looks like he's pressing.

Jose looks like the 2019 version. Chasing like crazy...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Great game last night... I hate the extra inning rule that puts a man on second base. It took some luster away from an epic pitching battle.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mercedes is a revelation. The bats will wake up in June like they always do, pitching will come around.

Would be great to get Jimenez and Anderson back this year late, but without them I can't blame a development year from occurring.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mercedes is a revelation. The bats will wake up in June like they always do, pitching will come around.

Would be great to get Jimenez and Anderson back this year late, but without them I can't blame a development year from occurring.
Anderson should be back tomorrow.

Yermin did have a nice AB last night against Bieber but he's starting to cool off.

Still he needs to play everyday and TLR needs to play Vaughn. Williams is not an MLB hitter at all.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson should be back tomorrow.

Yermin did have a nice AB last night against Bieber but he's starting to cool off.

Still he needs to play everyday and TLR needs to play Vaughn. Williams is not an MLB hitter at all.
I really like Mercedes power to small strike zone ratio. I think he projects to stick around. The longest homerun in the ballpark...in freaking April in a park that flies deep after June 15th...with a little baby Altuve strike zone..all speaks for itself.

He doesn't have to hit .500...he has to hit .250, and learn to take some walks off major league pitchers. I wouldn't want him to be more than a third catcher though. Double switch him in blowouts and make him a personal catcher for somebody eccentric, and you will also always have that emergency third catcher rostered.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
0-2 leadoff homerun... then 6-straight to reach against Giolito.

Ouch.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jose with a missle.

hankchifan

Liked Posts:
What about a hit & run or stolen base attempt! Have hit into 4 double plays so far tonight. Hamilton in as pinch runner and did not attempt to steal, and thus did not score on a base hit. Tigers have 5 errors and the Sox only 2 runs.. need to be more aggressive on the bases.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been a great weekend so far for the Sox...let's see if they can ?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Huge series coming up, they could bury the Twins or give them the boost they need to get back on track.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the best team in baseball right now. Damn, they are good.