I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Golden state will be looking to trade draft picks for solid role players. Maybe bulls could acquire a future 1st from them for a guy like Thad.

love Thad and what he brings, but at the same time he’s at the end of his career and this would free up some cap space to make a run at one of the better point guards in FA. It would also recoup one of the draft picks they lost in the Vuc trade and potentially give them another 1st rounder for ammo in a blockbuster trade

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Golden state will be looking to trade draft picks for solid role players. Maybe bulls could acquire a future 1st from them for a guy like Thad.

love Thad and what he brings, but at the same time he’s at the end of his career and this would free up some cap space to make a run at one of the better point guards in FA. It would also recoup one of the draft picks they lost in the Vuc trade and potentially give them another 1st rounder for ammo in a blockbuster trade

I think Golden State is for sure going to look to make a splash.

I think they'd like to get rid of Wiggins, but in order for a team to be willing to absorb his contract, they'd need to get back at least one of those lottery picks.

I can see Wiggins and the 7th pick being traded to the Wizards for Beal. That'll give the Warriors a lineup of Curry, Beal, Thompson, Green, and Wiseman, which is scary.

Or with these rumors of Kawhi being unhappy with the Clippers medical staff (same issue he had with the Spurs), maybe the Warriors package Wiggins, Wiseman, 7th pick, and 14th pick for Kawhi and Zubac or something.

I mean, idk... but I definitely think they'll be trying to do something big.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think Golden State is for sure going to look to make a splash.

I think they'd like to get rid of Wiggins, but in order for a team to be willing to absorb his contract, they'd need to get back at least one of those lottery picks.

I can see Wiggins and the 7th pick being traded to the Wizards for Beal. That'll give the Warriors a lineup of Curry, Beal, Thompson, Green, and Wiseman, which is scary.

Or with these rumors of Kawhi being unhappy with the Clippers medical staff (same issue he had with the Spurs), maybe the Warriors package Wiggins, Wiseman, 7th pick, and 14th pick for Kawhi and Zubac or something.

I mean, idk... but I definitely think they'll be trying to do something big.
If kawhi is unhappy he can opt out right?

I'm sure the bulls have a more inept medical staff. I'd love to have him for a year or two before he bails on us too. Seems to have some sort of complex, but he's an incredible player

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If kawhi is unhappy he can opt out right?

I'm sure the bulls have a more inept medical staff. I'd love to have him for a year or two before he bails on us too. Seems to have some sort of complex, but he's an incredible player

Yup. so it would have to be a sign-and-trade.

Personally, I think there's a very good chance he stays in LA. But if he wants to leave, I can't think of a better (realistic) place for him to win than GS. The Knicks will have a ton of cap space, so maybe them... But I doubt he'll go to the East coast when it seemed like he wanted to be close to home.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be opposed to trading young for a 1st

I think packaging him could be a good idea too. I’d explore lauri S+T situations and dangle Thad/coby and see what I could get.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kawhi has his player option for $36 million. The Warriors would have to send Wiggins, with his $31.5 million in a deal like that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I wouldn’t be opposed to trading young for a 1st

I think packaging him could be a good idea too. I’d explore lauri S+T situations and dangle Thad/coby and see what I could get.

unlikely a team would want both Lauri and Thad. But can’t hurt to check around the league and see

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls should really take note of the jump the suns made by adding a top notch PG to their roster. Bulls and suns have some similar parts and parts that perform on similar levels outside of that PG position

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls should really take note of the jump the suns made by adding a top notch PG to their roster. Bulls and suns have some similar parts and parts that perform on similar levels outside of that PG position
Is CP3 available? Even at his age he’s a superstar and top PG in the game. I’m not sure the bulls will be able to acquire near that type of player this off-season, yet alone at PG. I agree that the suns and bulls makeup sans Paul is similar, but CP3 is elite and I’m not sure the bulls acquire an elite player in the off season. There’s avenues to acquire good players, but not a lot of ways to go about adding a player who will truly propel the franchise

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Is this in any way realistic and if so, would you be interested:

Bulls trade: S+T Lauri Markannen (18 mil per)
Thad Young: (14/per)

Coby White (6/per)

#38 overall
Warriors trade: Andrew Wiggins (30/per)
Wiseman (9/per)
#14 overall (2-4 million?)

Warriors

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I know this is all hindsight would have been nice keeping all our assets we used for vuc to see what we could get in next few months like maybe lillard

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know this is all hindsight would have been nice keeping all our assets we used for vuc to see what we could get in next few months like maybe lillard

true, at the same time though, without Vuc here…Lillard has much less interest in going to Chicago. Like probably none

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is CP3 available? Even at his age he’s a superstar and top PG in the game. I’m not sure the bulls will be able to acquire near that type of player this off-season, yet alone at PG. I agree that the suns and bulls makeup sans Paul is similar, but CP3 is elite and I’m not sure the bulls acquire an elite player in the off season. There’s avenues to acquire good players, but not a lot of ways to go about adding a player who will truly propel the franchise

I believe he has a player option on his contract. Can probably forget about getting Chris Paul himself, but the bulls could get a PG almost as good as Paul.

Mike Conley will be a FA
Lonzo Ball a RFA
Then there will be guys available via trades

As far as your GS trade. I doubt GS would be interested. They are looking to trade Wiggins, potentially wiseman and draft picks for a star like Bradley Beal that’s been rumored. GS would much rather trade those assets for Beal than they would Lauri, Thad, and coby

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
true, at the same time though, without Vuc here…Lillard has much less interest in going to Chicago. Like probably none
Yeah that would prob be a sticking point. Really shows how bare the cupboard was left by garpax.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I believe he has a player option on his contract. Can probably forget about getting Chris Paul himself, but the bulls could get a PG almost as good as Paul.

Mike Conley will be a FA
Lonzo Ball a RFA
Then there will be guys available via trades

As far as your GS trade. I doubt GS would be interested. They are looking to trade Wiggins, potentially wiseman and draft picks for a star like Bradley Beal that’s been rumored. GS would much rather trade those assets for Beal than they would Lauri, Thad, and coby
Prob right about GS

Conley would be nice but I don’t see him leaving Utah. My thoughts on lonzo are well documented. Solid player with some upside left but will likely be overpaid and doesn’t move the needle very much

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Prob right about GS

Conley would be nice but I don’t see him leaving Utah. My thoughts on lonzo are well documented. Solid player with some upside left but will likely be overpaid and doesn’t move the needle very much

then it sounds like the best bet for the bulls in your opinion would be to trade Thad for a first rounder this season and draft a PG

i just can’t put faith in a rookie pg making the difference either. I’d rather take a shot at Lonzo, or try and convince Conley to come to Chicago, or trade for a proven pg. issue with Conley is he is getting up there in age, and as you saw he was hurt in the playoffs. If the bulls got him and he got hurt, it’d be season over as they have no legit pg to take over if he gets hurt.

it’s another reason I’d rather the bulls go young and get a guy like lonzo. Obviously, if lillard is available he jumps to the top of the list…but at what cost? Could he be had without giving up Zach or Vuc? unlikely

Enasic

Liked Posts:
then it sounds like the best bet for the bulls in your opinion would be to trade Thad for a first rounder this season and draft a PG

i just can’t put faith in a rookie pg making the difference either. I’d rather take a shot at Lonzo, or try and convince Conley to come to Chicago, or trade for a proven pg. issue with Conley is he is getting up there in age, and as you saw he was hurt in the playoffs. If the bulls got him and he got hurt, it’d be season over as they have no legit pg to take over if he gets hurt.

it’s another reason I’d rather the bulls go young and get a guy like lonzo. Obviously, if lillard is available he jumps to the top of the list…but at what cost? Could he be had without giving up Zach or Vuc? unlikely
Conley would be ideal but only on a 1-2 year deal. I don’t see this as realistic.

I’d try to sign Rose for cheapish and look to draft someone like dosonmu. I’d be very comfortable with Coby/Rose/Dosonmu.

I really think they need to get a more dynamic wing player. Williams plays the 4 a lot and temple doesn’t cut it. They need more athleticism and consistent scoring snd defense at the 3. I’d focus on a wing player via trade and a vet PG like Rose in free agency

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this in any way realistic and if so, would you be interested:

Bulls trade: S+T Lauri Markannen (18 mil per)
Thad Young: (14/per)

Coby White (6/per)

#38 overall
Warriors trade: Andrew Wiggins (30/per)
Wiseman (9/per)
#14 overall (2-4 million?)

Warriors
I don't think the Warriors are remotely interested in such a trade, especially considering reports that they're trying to do a similar type of trade but go for someone like Beal. Unless they're targeting Vucevic, I don't see the Warriors moving that many assets to us. I could see them moving one of their picks for Thad, probably the 14.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Conley would be ideal but only on a 1-2 year deal. I don’t see this as realistic.

I’d try to sign Rose for cheapish and look to draft someone like dosonmu. I’d be very comfortable with Coby/Rose/Dosonmu.

I really think they need to get a more dynamic wing player. Williams plays the 4 a lot and temple doesn’t cut it. They need more athleticism and consistent scoring snd defense at the 3. I’d focus on a wing player via trade and a vet PG like Rose in free agency

well, my feelings on rose with this roster are already known as well lol

i do think they could use another wing player as well. I just find pg to be the much greater need, and itll be difficult to accomplish both upgrades with the lack of first round picks and not a bunch of cap room