Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Lillard foces his way out of Portland. Imagine having lillard, Lavine, and Vuc

I wish, but he has very little leverage, considering he has 4 years remaining on his deal. If he had 3 left, with the 3rd year being a player option, then maybe.

What's more likely to happen is Portland trading CJ. They need to do something different, and the combo of Dame and CJ just isn't doing it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I wish, but he has very little leverage, considering he has 4 years remaining on his deal. If he had 3 left, with the 3rd year being a player option, then maybe.

What's more likely to happen is Portland trading CJ. They need to do something different, and the combo of Dame and CJ just isn't doing it.

oh, I agree it’s a longgg shot. At the same time, nba players have more leverage than nfl or mlb players do. Look at how harden forced his way out of Houston and to Brooklyn. Houston didn’t want to trade harden. Harden not only forced a trade, but basically picked the team he got traded to…forcing Houston to pick from Brooklyn’s roster(but not Durant or kyrie) for compensation. It can happen, but I agree that CJ being traded is more likely outcome

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
oh, I agree it’s a longgg shot. At the same time, nba players have more leverage than nfl or mlb players do. Look at how harden forced his way out of Houston and to Brooklyn. Houston didn’t want to trade harden. Harden not only forced a trade, but basically picked the team he got traded to…forcing Houston to pick from Brooklyn’s roster(but not Durant or kyrie) for compensation. It can happen, but I agree that CJ being traded is more likely outcome

Yeah, Harden's situation is why I actually said if Dame had 3 years remaining with the 3rd year being a player's option, then he may have a chance to get moved if he demanded it haha.

That was Harden's situation. 3 years left, with the 3rd being a player's option, which essentially makes it a 2-year deal. From Houston's standpoint, if they were going to trade him, it was better to do it sooner rather than later because the closer they got to 2022's trade deadline, they would have lost more and more leverage in negotiations. At that point, they'd just be concerned about losing Harden for nothing in return.

Of course, Harden still screwed them a bit when he was making it known to certain teams that he wouldn't play for them either, which meant they weren't willing to give up many assets for a 2-year rental.. So Houston pretty much got stuck with negotiating with Brooklyn. They still got an OK deal, given the circumstances... but it would have been much worse if they waited until next year.

Now in 2023... If Portland still isn't a legit contender, then they'll be in trouble with Dame.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
10 min till the start of the nba draft lottery. Anyone got predictions? I’m going with bulls get the #3 pick ???

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Damn no draft picky

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol watch Cavs win #1 again.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That sucks. That could have been huge.

indeed…can likely forget any trades for top end guys like Lillard, Beal, etc. not that they were likely to get traded to Chicago anyways. Wouldn’t of hurt to of been stuck having to pick a guy in the top 4 either

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Fuck it:

S&T Lauri + Coby + Aminu +2022 first for Simmons + 2021 first
Do we really even need to put in a first?

I wouldn't be against
PG- Simmons
SG- Lavine
SF- P.Will
PF- Theis - Simonovic
C- Vucevic- Thad
Then whatever they can fill out the roster with

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit iffy on Simmons. His timidness to shoot and lack of any improvement in that regard is both concerning and bizarre. Can't have a player of his caliber refusing to take shots in the 4th quarters of a playoff series.

On the other hand he is easily the most talented player we could possibly get this offseason. Allot more intriguing than Lonzo Ball or Dennis Schroder. Its worth looking into but the cost is probably LaVine and i'll pass on that.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Any chance a 3 team deal could be worked where bulls get Siakam and Simmons? Bulls would be pretty solid defensively and possibly have the firepower to overcome Simmons ineptness.

Spencer Dinwiddie is another solid option. I assume he is going to get paid and start somewhere though

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Philly might be looking to dump Tobias Harris. But $34million per for the next 4 years for a guy who is best as a #3 in an offense

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Philly might be looking to dump Tobias Harris. But $34million per for the next 4 years for a guy who is best as a #3 in an offense
Would be a great fit but no thanks on that contract