******OFFICIAL******* 2023 draft prospect thread

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
We agree that AK is slightly stronger(in the legs in particular), but the difference isn’t as much as you’re making it out to be IMO

The vision is what makes the comparisons between the two happen. They both have elite vision and feel as a runner that very few backs have. It makes them natural to compare. Sure AK is slightly stronger and Gibbs slightly faster, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not a good comp still

Also, you seem to wanna comp Gibbs to Dalvin cook, and yet Dalvin cook is the same size and speed as Kamara, so kinda strange you take issue with the kamara comp
It's the the difference in running styles that I mostly took issues with. A.K and Cooks are different animals. Anywho, I still Really like Gibbs as a Prospect.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mostly focused on the WRs. In no particular order:
  1. Johnston TCU 6'4" beast, elite all-around player
  2. Addison USC 6'0" production, reliable
  3. JSN OHIO STATE 6'1" some injuries, great routes and hands
  4. Boutte LSU 6'0" high risk, high reward, some injuries
  5. Rice SMU 6'2" production
  6. Downs NC 5'10" fast and elusive
  7. Hyatt TENN 6'0" very fast

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Mostly focused on the WRs. In no particular order:
  1. Johnston TCU 6'4" beast, elite all-around player
  2. Addison USC 6'0" production, reliable
  3. JSN OHIO STATE 6'1" some injuries, great routes and hands
  4. Boutte LSU 6'0" high risk, high reward, some injuries
  5. Rice SMU 6'2" production
  6. Downs NC 5'10" fast and elusive
  7. Hyatt TENN 6'0" very fast
Might wanna add Cedric Tillman to that list, as well

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might wanna add Cedric Tillman to that list, as well
Yeah, Tillman was probably the #8 guy (not in ranking per se). I just haven't watched a ton of college ball. I usually get a sense of them via the combine.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think claypool/Mooney/FA or Draft a WR will be a solid WR core for the future. Keep some of the depth guys mostly the best run blocking WRs.

I actually think the bears need to trade back and get a few more 2nd round picks tbh. Unless you have someone like Anderson I don't even think Jalen carter is the best 3tech or at least that much of a difference vs other guys available.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think claypool/Mooney/FA or Draft a WR will be a solid WR core for the future. Keep some of the depth guys mostly the best run blocking WRs.

I actually think the bears need to trade back and get a few more 2nd round picks tbh. Unless you have someone like Anderson I don't even think Jalen carter is the best 3tech or at least that much of a difference vs other guys available.
Ehhh no, he absolutely is that big of a difference maker

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Tell me you’ve never seen him play without telling me that you’ve never seen him play

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sign Hargrave and Payne and then draft Carter or Bresee as you will need a solid rotation inside. Assuming Hargrave comes a bit cheaper ans shorter term deal as he is older.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Tell me you’ve never seen him play without telling me that you’ve never seen him play
I've seen flashes but Ive also seen whiffed tackles blowing past the QB lack of effort when the play is away from him. I've also seen injury concern. Small snap count someone who lacks stamina. Ya cool he can jump two lineman on a horizontal plane. Maybe he is back to his hyped form after the Tennessee game.

But I still ask the question would you rather trade back pick up an extra 2nd draft johnston Addison or JSN pick up Kancey/a good DE might be available too and your future Center preferably Luke wylper ? Or draft Jalen carter at this point maybe you still get a center with your late 2nd round pick.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I got to watch most of East Carolina vs. Cincinnati last night. There are two WRs that jumped off the screen:

I think I'd be happy with either of these two guys.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You mean Jalen Carter won’t be available in the 5th round?! lol
For real!

Yo, man, I'm expecting to start seeing people make crazy picks like that. On another note, here's a dude that I'm thinking we should grab as our DE, after a trade back of course:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For real!

Yo, man, I'm expecting to start seeing people make crazy picks like that. On another note, here's a dude that I'm thinking we should grab as our DE, after a trade back of course:

I haven’t heard of him, I’ll try and look into him some. I used to follow all of college football, but these days it’s mostly SEC and some BIG10 schools I follow