******OFFICIAL******* 2023 draft prospect thread

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not for nothing, but this is why I’m focused on us drafting Bijon in the first. I don’t think PFF is exaggerating when they peg him as better than most of these WRs. Also, it is none other than Brugler who is saying he can run a full route tree.

I agree with @remydat that Claypool’s a better overall WR. He would have been a steal in the 2nd, with our pick, this year.

As far as @dennehy, I agree that I want an offensive weapon, and, again, it’s Bijon. Other than Bijon in the 1st and apart from Deuce in the 5th, I don’t give a shit about any other RB in this draft or any of these WRs before the 3rd round.
His name is Bijan Robinson.

And even though I think he's great, I don't think the Bears should draft him with a top 5 pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem with Bijan is he has to be an All Pro RB to justify giving him a 2nd contract. Just not worth the draft pick IMO.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
His name is Bijan Robinson.

And even though I think he's great, I don't think the Bears should draft him with a top 5 pick.
Got it. Spell check dudes BEFORE I write about them. You’d think I’d learn by now.

I think if we pick top 5, the only player I’d be okay taking besides BijAn is Carter. If he’s gone, we take the best offensive weapon in the draft in Robinson.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If the bears do end up trading out and passing on Carter, Calijah Kancey from Pitt is someone I'm falling in love with. I've watched just four games and I've seen enough. He and Carter are two totally different players and body types but got damn that kid is disruptive. He may not declare this year and is recovering from injury.

Kancey is more inline with A.D from a height and weight perspective. His first step and excellent hands give me poor man's A.D vibes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If the bears do end up trading out and passing on Carter, Calijah Kancey from Pitt is someone I'm falling in love with. I've watched just four games and I've seen enough. He and Carter are two totally different players and body types but got damn that kid is disruptive. He may not declare this year and is recovering from injury.

Kancey is more inline with A.D from a height and weight perspective. His first step and excellent hands give me poor man's A.D vibes.
If you love him so much why don’t you marry him?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Smart move by him. He had a bad season overall. That said, I’m sure a team would of taken him by the end of round 2
I don't watch a lot of LSU, so when you say bad season do you mean production? Because I think production in college can be overrated at times.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't watch a lot of LSU, so when you say bad season do you mean production? Because I think production in college can be overrated at times.
His production did dip this year, but that isnt what concerns me. Granted, I only watched probably 3 or 4 LSU games this season, but boutte seemed to take a lot of plays off. Or if LSU was getting blown out, he just kinda seemed to give up and half ass run routes.

he’s certainly talented, but I wouldn’t have him as a top 5 WR in this draft if he had come out

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Boutte was meh on film this year. Not sure what you'd see that would put him above the mid rounds.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Here are some guys I haven’t seen discussed much, but might be worth an extra look:

Joey Porter Jr. is the son of the former all-pro LB. If the Bears trade down further than some expect (Indianapolis?), he would give the Bears a dynamic secondary. He has outstanding size/length/athleticism to couple with his on field instincts.

Andre Carter II was one of the most dominant defensive ends in the Country in 2021, massing 58 pressures, 15.5 sacks, 18.5 tackles for loss, & 4 forced fumbles. His 2022 production had taken a hit, mainly because teams do there best to scheme him out by sending double teams or chip blocks. Outstanding leader and character.

Arik Gilbert is one of the most freakish athletes at the tight end position - nearly on par with Kyle Pitts. He hasn’t seen a ton of PT and it’s unclear why, but his upside is as high as any for a player that could be available on day 3.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Boutte was meh on film this year. Not sure what you'd see that would put him above the mid rounds.
He can house a slant and is fast with decent size.

Boutte would have gone in top 2 rounds unless he just absolutely bombed his interviews (which seems possible lol).

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He can house a slant and is fast with decent size.

Boutte would have gone in top 2 rounds unless he just absolutely bombed his interviews (which seems possible lol).
Certainly possible but I don't see it on his 2022 film, which is what I was limiting my analysis to. To be fair I've only watched 25 plays or so.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Kancey actually has now had two great years of production. At 6-0 285 I think the only position he can play in the pros is 3T, which will hurt him in the draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I haven't watched Kancey yet, looks interesting.

Has anyone had the chance to check out Jer'zhan Newton from Illinois? Have watched him a bunch this year and even though I think UI doesn't usually deploy him in the best way (as a 1 gapper getting upfield), he has been incredibly disruptive and productive. I don't think he's going to do alot at the combine, isn't impressive physically in any way, but he jst beats the guy in front of him most of the time. Not sure about his appeal at the next level, I'm saying midrounder right now.