Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
IF the bears retain Pace and Nagy I fully expect a change to be made within the defensive coaching. Whether that's letting Pagano go or some shuffling of position coaches.
that will most likely could be the thing that happens, something more like pagano stepping away instead of being fired.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Zac Taylor sticking around another year in Cincinnati. Odds of the Bengals being appreciably better next year are low, seems like a move to saddle a lame duck season onto him in order to save the guy who they hire to replacement the stink of an ugly first year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cincinnati does not fire coaches lightly. And they actually played well this year given their talent issues.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you knew he could bring along a seasoned OC who has worked in the McVey or Shanny system Brandon Staley would be right at the top of the HC list for me.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Gase getting interest from Saban for OC....Urban Meyer wants a lot of $ from the Jags who have him as their #1 choice
For some odd reason, I get the feeling Meyer isn’t going to be any better than Saban in the pros. I wouldn’t throw top dollar at him without a little safety net. Saban ran away as fast as he could from Miami

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That Chargers job is going to be highly coveted. They have some really nice pieces already plus the 6th overall pick.
Plus living in San Diego has its positives

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
IF the bears retain Pace and Nagy I fully expect a change to be made within the defensive coaching. Whether that's letting Pagano go or some shuffling of position coaches.
It would most likely have to be a up from a coach already there. Tough to get a good DC that would only be there a year. Most likely the whole coaching staff is gone. They haven’t gotten any better and actually have gotten worse each year

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

They just did some reshuffling if coaches on offense before this season. Pace thought that was enough.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears Champ Kelly is on this list for the Falcons.

He’s on the Broncos list as well. Bear fans should hope he gets one of those GM jobs. As a minority hire taking a promotion to head coach or GM, he will net the Bears 3rd round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts. It is a new clause in the Rooney Rule.

“While a loss of a key organization figure would be a big blow to the Bears, it would also come with its advantages. As a result of the NFL’s expansion of the Rooney Rule, any team who loses a minority assistant coach or a personnel executive to a head coaching or general manager gig, respectively, will receive compensatory third-round picks in the next two drafts. If Kelly were to be the hire for the Broncos, then the Bears would receive late third-round picks in both 2021 and 2022.”

Bears exec Champ Kelly tied to Broncos GM job

Last edited: