CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
According to ESPN, 6.9% of all brackets had UK winning it all.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’ll just got ahead and mention that I believe I was the only one to pick Richmond to beat Iowa in the tourney challenge
I did in my initial run through then bought into a bunch of bullshit on them.

I need to stick to my motto of "Iowa always loses in the 1st round." Even the few times they have made the 2nd round.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I did in my initial run through then bought into a bunch of bullshit on them.

I need to stick to my motto of "Iowa always loses in the 1st round." Even the few times they have made the 2nd round.
I think if you look at Iowa’s tourney history, they may miss it frequently but when they are in I think they almost always win in the first round.

They seldom get to the sweet 16 so I suppose that means they are one and one every year but I believe their record in the first round is very very good

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
baylor back from down 25 to force OT against NC

TL1961

Liked Posts:
you mean "refs do their best to help bring Baylor back to try and win against UNC"
I didn't see a minute of that game on TV and only caught a little on radio. But checking Twitter while at lunch I saw that 99% of the tweets about the game were discussing how badly it was being officiated. Would like to hear objective analysis of how it went.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't see a minute of that game on TV and only caught a little on radio. But checking Twitter while at lunch I saw that 99% of the tweets about the game were discussing how badly it was being officiated. Would like to hear objective analysis of how it went.
if we're being honest, UNC was up 25 with like 10 min remaining and there's no reason to choke that game away, but the refs were so badly one sided towards Baylor. Baylor could pretty much tackle the UNC players and the refs would swallow their whistle and it's ok if the refs kept it the same for both teams...but they didn't. UNC was called for some ticky tacky shit. I was surprised at how one sided the refs were in that second half.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
if we're being honest, UNC was up 25 with like 10 min remaining and there's no reason to choke that game away, but the refs were so badly one sided towards Baylor. Baylor could pretty much tackle the UNC players and the refs would swallow their whistle and it's ok if the refs kept it the same for both teams...but they didn't. UNC was called for some ticky tacky shit. I was surprised at how one sided the refs were in that second half.
Every comment I have seen echoes what you wrote. I just didn't know how many tweets were from UNC fans, but even sportswriters and broadcasters are saying the same.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We're all in agreement that the tournament is fixed, right? I mean, there's no way they'll allow anyone but Duke to win in K's final season?

Meanwhile, the leading scorer in Nova's 6 man rotation probably blew his achilles tonight.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We're all in agreement that the tournament is fixed, right? I mean, there's no way they'll allow anyone but Duke to win in K's final season?

Meanwhile, the leading scorer in Nova's 6 man rotation probably blew his achilles tonight.

Fuck Duck. Can't believe my Tar Heels made it as they looked lost for much of the season. In any event, doesn't get any better than UNC vs Duke in a Final Four but hopefully we smash those fuckers like we did in Coach K's last regular season home game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fuck Duck. Can't believe my Tar Heels made it as they looked lost for much of the season. In any event, doesn't get any better than UNC vs Duke in a Final Four but hopefully we smash those fuckers like we did in Coach K's last regular season home game.
It's going to be a heavy handed slurp fest. Now that Justin Moore is out, I couldn't be more disinterested in a Final Four.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Fuck Duck.

• Haha
Reactions: BNB

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Duke wins.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did you see where singer Eric Church cancelled a sold out concert that fans planned for, spent money on, etc and publicly admitted it was so he could go to the Duke - UNC game?

What a douche bag. People book hotels, take off work, etc. to spend $ on his show and he pulls the rug out from under them at the 11th hour?

Contrast that with the Foo Fighters who are almost apologetic to fans for having to cancel after the death of Taylor Hawkins.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Final Four with blue bloods again. Yay. At this point I'm rooting for any team except Duke. I know as an Illini fan I shouldn't root for UNC(still mad about 2005) or Kansas(Bill Self) but I would rather any of them win instead of Coach K.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone but Duke, yes.

But Villanova winning is the best case scenario by far as far as I am concerned. (Even though I win $ if Kansas wins)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did you see where singer Eric Church cancelled a sold out concert that fans planned for, spent money on, etc and publicly admitted it was so he could go to the Duke - UNC game?

What a douche bag. People book hotels, take off work, etc. to spend $ on his show and he pulls the rug out from under them at the 11th hour?

Contrast that with the Foo Fighters who are almost apologetic to fans for having to cancel after the death of Taylor Hawkins.
This should shock absolutely no one.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anyone but Duke, yes.

But Villanova winning is the best case scenario by far as far as I am concerned. (Even though I win $ if Kansas wins)
Villanova is facing a steep uphill battle with Justin Moore out. Second leading (maybe first) scorer on a team with a short rotation is a huge missing piece.