Official **B1G NCAA Basketball Thread** IOWA 2022 B1G Tournament Champions

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone to root for, even more so without Moore. Anyone but Duke or Kansas or UNC.
Funny thing is when people talk about the Blueblood Final Four, many fans are quick to say Villanova is not a blueblood. Kansas may have the most wins ever, but Nova has as many titles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Duke wins.

They should as they are more talented but they buckled under the pressure of Coach K's last home game so will have to see if they can take the pressure here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you see where singer Eric Church cancelled a sold out concert that fans planned for, spent money on, etc and publicly admitted it was so he could go to the Duke - UNC game?

What a douche bag. People book hotels, take off work, etc. to spend $ on his show and he pulls the rug out from under them at the 11th hour?

Contrast that with the Foo Fighters who are almost apologetic to fans for having to cancel after the death of Taylor Hawkins.

This will be the first Final Four I am missing in almost 20 years and only because of my daughter was just born. Even so if they get past Duke I will probably fly down for the NC game.

So yeah tough shit about those fans. Eric Church don't care.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This will be the first Final Four I am missing in almost 20 years and only because of my daughter was just born. Even so if they get past Duke I will probably fly down for the NC game.

So yeah tough shit about those fans. Eric Church don't care.
Congrats on the baby girl!!!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Funny thing is when people talk about the Blueblood Final Four, many fans are quick to say Villanova is not a blueblood. Kansas may have the most wins ever, but Nova has as many titles.
When I think blue blood, I think of the programs with a decently long history. James Naismith coached Kansas. I'd say that puts them into the blueblood category. Probably the most of any of the four.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact about Kansas Basketball: in the 130 years the program has been around, they've only had 8 coaches.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When I think blue blood, I think of the programs with a decently long history. James Naismith coached Kansas. I'd say that puts them into the blueblood category. Probably the most of any of the four.
When you start with Naismith, and then go on to win more than anyone else ever has, yes, you certainly are a blueblood.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck Dook!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This feels better than winning a title. Fuck Coach K.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have two friends who are big Kansas basketball fans. It's the only sport for the University of Kansas they follow. Their other college teams are Iowa and Nebraska.

Do you guys find this fucking Special person? I hate it and call them bandwagonners every chance I get.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have two friends who are big Kansas basketball fans. It's the only sport for the University of Kansas they follow. Their other college teams are Iowa and Nebraska.

Do you guys find this fucking Special person? I hate it and call them bandwagonners every chance I get.
I only follow Villanova Basketball because my Father-in-Law is an alum, and whenever they win I eat pretty well for a good month or two. It just so happened to coincide with an amazing 10 years for their program.

People are free to call me anything they want because of it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I only follow Villanova Basketball because my Father-in-Law is an alum, and whenever they win I eat pretty well for a good month or two. It just so happened to coincide with an amazing 10 years for their program.

People are free to call me anything they want because of it.
In this particular scenario the two friends are a 49ers fan and a Packers fan. They don't like any teams that suck and it pisses me off! lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
As for Kansas, and with all college sports, I sometimes have a hard time separating the coaches from the program. To that end, I think it is perfectly fine to root against any Bill Self coached team. The USA Today over the weekend pointed out that it's been 1,000 days since the FBI called him a cheater and the futile NCAA has done nothing. He's still recruiting, and he'll be fawned over tonight by Nantz and Friends.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I mean no one follows Kansas football. This was interesting. It is a Tar Heel nation apparently. Heels top seller in 23 states, Duke 14, Kansas 10 and Nova 3.

20220404_130813.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yes, it is.

Nebraska?? Is he living n the 90's?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, it is.

Nebraska?? Is he living n the 90's?
Nebraska football was very good during our formidable years lol. We’re early 30s.

There’s a ton of Nebraska fans in the state