Official **B1G NCAA Basketball Thread** IOWA 2022 B1G Tournament Champions

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tough loss but can't complain. We had our chances. Hard to believe we were in it and had a lead when we shot 31.5% overall and 21.7% from 3. Rebounding (55 vs 35) and free throws (18-21 vs 8-14) kept us in it but couldnt by a shot. Bacot getting hurt late cost us as that last offensive rebound and out back by McCormack to go up 3 probably gets rebounded by Bacott if he was in their.

In the end though, I am content as never expected us to get here and we will have bragging rights over Duke for a long time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tough loss but can't complain. We had our chances. Hard to believe we were in it and had a lead when we shot 31.5% overall and 21.7% from 3. Rebounding (55 vs 35) and free throws (18-21 vs 8-14) kept us in it but couldnt by a shot. Bacot getting hurt late cost us as that last offensive rebound and out back by McCormack to go up 3 probably gets rebounded by Bacott if he was in their.

In the end though, I am content as never expected us to get here and we will have bragging rights over Duke for a long time.
Bacot was clearly hurting. Gutsy performance just to be out there. First player to have six double-doubles in the tourney and he did it by halftime tonight.

Manek getting clubbed twice in the head didn't help and they lost someone else late.

Manek was great in the tourney but had a really rough final minute. Allowed the inside basket, threw the ball away and then fell down while trying to get in position for the game tying shot. Feel bad for him because he was such a huge reason UNC was there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bacot was clearly hurting. Gutsy performance just to be out there. First player to have six double-doubles in the tourney and he did it by halftime tonight.

Manek getting clubbed twice in the head didn't help and they lost someone else late.

Manek was great in the tourney but had a really rough final minute. Allowed the inside basket, threw the ball away and then fell down while trying to get in position for the game tying shot. Feel bad for him because he was such a huge reason UNC was there.

It was Puff Johnson who was throwing up late. In the end, our limited bench hurt us. Could have really used 6-11 Dawson Garcia who left the team in January due to family medical issues amd was another stretch 4.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Love was 5-24. He was playing hero ball down the stretch, and for some reason Davis couldn't get the ball out of his hands. There were a few times he had Manek wide open in the corners, but he choose to drive into traffic.

That last possession UNC had was terrible.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Love was 5-24. He was playing hero ball down the stretch, and for some reason Davis couldn't get the ball out of his hands. There were a few times he had Manek wide open in the corners, but he choose to drive into traffic.

That last possession UNC had was terrible.

Last play was drawn up for Manek but he slipped in the same spot Bacot slipped and injured himself.

Love was definitely trying to do too much but that is who he is. He shoots his way out of slumps as has been doing so all tournament. Just didnt work this time.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good read.

He untucked his jersey. He pulled it over his eyes. Graduate assistant Brandon Robinson moved quickly to wrap his arms around Love, who leaned against the former Tar Heels forward like he needed the support merely to stay upright. Which made sense: Love turned his ankle twice during the game. A few feet away, R.J. Davis put his hands on his knees and then slunk into a crouch after playing 40 minutes with a shot to the head absorbed somewhere in there. Under the basket, Brady Manek sobbed. He took an arm to the bridge of his nose early on and kept going until he collapsed and couldn’t go anymore. Puff Johnson lingered, stunned, after throwing up on the sideline and returning to inbound the ball on the final play. Armando Bacot watched it all from the bench, an ailing right ankle fatefully giving way again in the final minute. He’d gallantly and preposterously hopped on one leg back to the defensive end before officials mercifully blew the play dead, so he could be helped off the court.

Every little thing North Carolina could give, it gave. And this was the first time across three enchanted weekends that everything had not been enough. “I can’t remember a time in my life where I should be disappointed, but I’m just filled with so much pride,” Tar Heels coach Hubert Davis said. “I can’t ask for them to do any more than what they have done.”