bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I won't write Gonzaga off this early, but the CBS crew is making excuses for Gonzaga. Everybody's darlings!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm always a little concerned when a ref is overly enthusiastic making a call.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I won't write Gonzaga off this early, but the CBS crew is making excuses for Gonzaga. Everybody's darlings!
Honestly glad Zags are down so much. Should make it a game for the entire 40 minutes. They'll fight back and play with some urgency all game so it's hopefully close with 10 minutes left for an exciting finish.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Baylor made it to the Final Four without looking like they had played their best. They're that good.

Gonzaga can score in bunches, but Baylor's D is very strong.

Will be interesting to see if Baylor holds on. 15 point lead is pretty big.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Zags gotta start chipping away at this lead here. Baylor's D is impressive

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is probably the best Gonzaga team in years. They deserved to be #1 going in. Would they be undefeated if they were in a real conference? probably not. Baylor was battle tested and faced tough competition all year. Gonzaga had some tough opponents this year, but not consistently like Baylor. I'm not surprised Baylor beat them. These were the two best teams at the beginning of the year. Great tournament.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hate to gloat guys, but I called it. I said if Baylor outscores them that I really liked their chances. #nailedit

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, them getting blown out of the gym just like I said they would 5 mins before tip off.

Maybe you have to watch 10 or 20 games to see things - I don't.
Predicting they would lose the game doesn’t mean they were one of the most overrated things ever as you claim. I’m not surprised they lost I was down on them myself during the year but I don’t make a knee-jerk reaction to say “ Gee a team lost one time all season they must suck”

I am very much on the side of “Gonzaga gets too much love and the record is inflated by their bad conference“.

I just think coming in right after they lost the game and pretending they weren’t any good at all is hyperbolic.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Predicting they would lose the game doesn’t mean they were one of the most overrated things ever as you claim. I’m not surprised they lost I was down on them myself during the year but I don’t make a knee-jerk reaction to say “ Gee a team lost one time all season they must suck”

I didn't say they suck. I said they were the most overrated perfect or 1 loss team I've ever seen.

You'll have to remind me of a perfect or 1 loss team that got blown out of the finals by 16 points and was down by 20 at one point.

I haven't watched college hoops in 10-ish years. Maybe you have an example. Let me know.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do not think Gonzaga is overrated. They are as good as advertised. They had an off night - it happens.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I do not think Gonzaga is overrated. They are as good as advertised. They had an off night - it happens.
That’s not what the guy who hasn’t watched college bball in 10 years has to say!