Official **B1G NCAA Basketball Thread** IOWA 2022 B1G Tournament Champions

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illinois finished 8th in the polls. Behind UCLA, Alabama, Arkansas.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
UCLA 11 seed lost in the Final Four to a #1 seed. It's really bizarre how that is a disaster for UCLA.

As for Gonzaga, they were overrated. They play major opponents in December when those teams are still organizing and learning systems. They play a really weak conference. NCAA selection committe didn't do their homework and gave Illinois the worst bracket. Gonzaga had the wheels greased. UCLA was the first tough opponent they had faced since December. They almost lost. They do not have the athleticism to match Baylor. It wasn't just an off night.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
UCLA 11 seed lost in the Final Four to a #1 seed. It's really bizarre how that is a disaster for UCLA.

As for Gonzaga, they were overrated. They play major opponents in December when those teams are still organizing and learning systems. They play a really weak conference. NCAA selection committe didn't do their homework and gave Illinois the worst bracket. Gonzaga had the wheels greased. UCLA was the first tough opponent they had faced since December. They almost lost. They do not have the athleticism to match Baylor. It wasn't just an off night.

I meant the disaster as in how out ended. More of a unlucky, unfortunate ending.

Regardless, Drew would have coached circles around UW, which isn't exactly hard to do.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I meant the disaster as in how out ended. More of a unlucky, unfortunate ending.

Regardless, Drew would have coached circles around UW, which isn't exactly hard to do.
My comment had to do with the committee not doing their homework. Not about Underwood getting outcoached.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What the Fuck is going on at Louisville again???

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Keith Appling a suspect in a homicide and apparently trafficking large amounts of heroin

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Big Ten ACC Challenge has wrapped up.

In the first 9 games, the Big Ten was 7-2, with both losses coming in OT.

They then proceeded to lose the next 4, one in 4 OT, before clinching it 8-6 with a win by Wisky.

5 losses by a total of 14 points, and then there's arrogant Michigan, losing by 21 to unranked North Carolina. :ROFLMAO:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Big Ten ACC Challenge has wrapped up.

In the first 9 games, the Big Ten was 7-2, with both losses coming in OT.

They then proceeded to lose the next 4, one in 4 OT, before clinching it 8-6 with a win by Wisky.

5 losses by a total of 14 points, and then there's arrogant Michigan, losing by 21 to unranked North Carolina. :ROFLMAO:
I was surprised to Iowa beat Virginia. Nice to see I guess. I don't have high expectations. Maybe a bubble team

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Road games in the Big Ten are going to be tough, but Purdue at number one overall losing at Rutgers after Rutgers just lost by 35 is a bit of a shock.

And quite a bonus for the rest of the league.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Watching Illinois vs Arizona.

If this white pest of a guard was any more obnoxious I think he’d be required to transfer to Iowa.
?

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Chris Collins Countdown: 17
Scheduled games: 16
plus Big Ten Tournament: 1

News: Cats 1-3 with lone conference win at Maryland (0-4). Rematch Wednesday, tickets starting at just $30, good seats remaining. If Terps pull the upset (Cats -3.5), could be a colossal first round rematch in the Big Ten Tournament!

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Chris Collins Countdown: 17
Scheduled games: 16
plus Big Ten Tournament: 1

News: Cats 1-3 with lone conference win at Maryland (0-4). Rematch Wednesday, tickets starting at just $30, good seats remaining. If Terps pull the upset (Cats -3.5), could be a colossal first round rematch in the Big Ten Tournament!
Cats on a two game winning streak, host Indiana Tuesday at 8pm. They have moved up to 10th place (4-8) with 8 games remaining. Only Illinois and Purdue look to be insurmountable, but 4-4 looks more realistic (and optimistic). Finishing 5-3 would give them momentum for the Big Ten Tournament, where a win or two could help them secure an NIT bid. Enough to save Chris Collins? Nah, nor should it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not big 10 but Arkansas is up on #1 Auburn with 4 mins left.

Huge implications for the Purdue/IL game tonight if Auburn goes down.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Cats on a two game winning streak, host Indiana Tuesday at 8pm. They have moved up to 10th place (4-8) with 8 games remaining. Only Illinois and Purdue look to be insurmountable, but 4-4 looks more realistic (and optimistic). Finishing 5-3 would give them momentum Cfor the Big Ten Tournament, where a win or two could help them secure an NIT bid. Enough to save Chris Collins? Nah, nor should it.
Cats win! A win at Illinois on Sunday (not impossible after Tuesday 2nd half carnage in West Lafayette) would resurrect NU's NCAA tournament hopes. As for now, it's NIT! NIT!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rutgers has beaten Purdue, Wisconsin, Mich State and Ohio State. Well, and Michigan of course.

Beat wisky in Madison.

Purdue and Wisky both lost their first game after the three way tie.

Illini better take care of business against Northwestern because the road is tough the rest of the way.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Officials just swallowed their whistles on the final play at West Lafayette and Purdue escaped by one over a MD team that got drilled at Nebraska.

MD was up 12 and Purdue went on a 13-0 run late. Purdue has a 10-0 or better scoring run 26 times this year.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Cats win! A win at Illinois on Sunday (not impossible after Tuesday 2nd half carnage in West Lafayette) would resurrect NU's NCAA tournament hopes. As for now, it's NIT! NIT!
Cats having a great season covering the spread, did it again today in loss at Illini. At least Chris Collins can add that to his resume.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fucking Indiana. Completely played like shit down the stretch and lost at home to Wisconsin in a game they could have and probably should have one.

I really don’t know if they were coached at all in the second half or if they just were just running around out there.