Official **B1G NCAA Basketball Thread** IOWA 2022 B1G Tournament Champions

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Penn State is about to do everyone a favor.

They're about to knock off Wisky.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I personally liked that they didn't commit one. But apparently some people think you should be penalized for playing well.

Iowa shot a lot of threes and Garza had some touches uncontested, but you complain they didn't get to the line?

How about Garza slamming into Ayo with 4 1/2 to go, but the refs didn't want to foul him out so they just played on with Iowa getting the ball? Are you not discussing that part?

You've been listening to your coach too much. Fran McCaffrey believes he is undefeated for his career in fairly officiated games. (Much like Trump won all the states with no election fraud.) ?
It was a good game. Illini won. I just find it hard to believe any team in the country can go 10 minutes without any fouls not matter how well they are playing.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I personally enjoyed when Illini were not called for a foul the last 10 minutes of the game lolz
I personally enjoyed Garza running into Kofi at the rim and not getting called for his fifth. I enjoyed when 5 seconds was called on Illinois when the ref had only counted his arm motion to 4. I enjoyed the 3 second lane violation on Illinois when only 2 seconds went off the clock.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I personally enjoyed Garza running into Kofi at the rim and not getting called for his fifth. I enjoyed when 5 seconds was called on Illinois when the ref had only counted his arm motion to 4. I enjoyed the 3 second lane violation on Illinois when only 2 seconds went off the clock.
yes you are right, illinois got screwed

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Illinois was the real victims here. This should have been a flagrant 2 for sure
Maybe you could find a different view. The ref didn't call it from that angle. Garza has gotten away with bloody murder for the past couple of years in confernece. F that. Very skilled. Not athletic. Could be NPOY and at best a 2nd rounder in NBA. He Should foul out of most games against superior athletes.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It was a good game. Illini won. I just find it hard to believe any team in the country can go 10 minutes without any fouls not matter how well they are playing.
Well, review the final ten minutes, and post video of all the fouls committed that weren't called. Should be easy enough. Don't miss Garza's obvious 5th at the 4:30 mark.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good point on the Curbelo play. Clearly a bump. IF you want to say he traveled, you must call the bump that caused it. So the team that benefited from the no-call was Iowa.

And not surprisingly, an Iowa fan on Twitter described it as a "four step travel".

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Maybe you could find a different view. The ref didn't call it from that angle. Garza has gotten away with bloody murder for the past couple of years in confernece. F that. Very skilled. Not athletic. Could be NPOY and at best a 2nd rounder in NBA. He Should foul out of most games against superior athletes.
The funny part about Garza is, while he gets away with fouling, when he has the ball every time he loses his footing, the opponent gets whistled even if they're a foot apart.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The funny part about Garza is, while he gets away with fouling, when he has the ball every time he loses his footing, the opponent gets whistled even if they're a foot apart.
Yes. And BTW, I don’t want to make it seem that I’m a Garza hater. He’s been a very good player for the squawks and for college basketball. Luka’s dad was a class act last time Iowa was at the SFC.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes. And BTW, I don’t want to make it seem that I’m a Garza hater. He’s been a very good player for the squawks and for college basketball. Luka’s dad was a class act last time Iowa was at the SFC.
Agreed. I am no hater. He's a great college bball player.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have calmed down now. Sorry. I wish there was a rematch this year. I do enjoy this little renewed rivalry between Iowa/Illinois bball. They have gone at each other pretty good the past two years.

Maybe we get a rematch in the tourney.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have calmed down now. Sorry. I wish there was a rematch this year. I do enjoy this little renewed rivalry between Iowa/Illinois bball. They have gone at each other pretty good the past two years.

Maybe we get a rematch in the tourney.

Yes I look forward to disposing of your team in the Final 4 as well.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would be fucking thrilled if Iowa made it to the final 4 lol

Been a long time since Lute did it in 1980. Fuck, I don't even remember when yall made the S16(not that Illinois is much better)

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been a long time since Lute did it in 1980. Fuck, I don't even remember when yall made the S16(not that Illinois is much better)
98-99 under Tom Davis. They had Jess Settles and Dean Oliver that year. I loved those guys.

Steve Alford had some solid teams, but always got bounced in the first/second round. The 05-06 team was a 3 seed and lost on a last second 3 (IIRC) to Northwestern State lol. That team had Hulaska, Horner and Brunner if you remember any of them.