My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Black Friday 2020
Another year and another Black Friday thread, although this year will be different. I don't expect stores packed due to COVID-19 and A LOT of people will resort to online shopping only. The biggest news so far is that most stores ARE NOT opening on Thanksgiving (Thank god) and instead will open early on Friday.

The news, ads and store hours are starting to release so this is a good time to get this going! How you do Black Friday is up to you but I'll try and help everyone with the deals as much as I can. Also, be on the lookout for other deals and sales leading up to Black Friday. *cough* Amazon *cough*

Updated: 11/9

Store Hours

Thursday

Friday
Academy Sports: 5am
Target: TBD
Best Buy: 5am
Lowes: 6am
Home Depot: 6am
Belk: 7am
Gamestop: 7am
Costco: 9am

Ad Scans

Toy Books/ Holiday Books

Pre-Black Friday sales

Cyber Monday

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
who knows if it will even be a thing this year.

Menards always has great deals on pet beds on black friday oddly enough, so We usually hit that up as the only black friday trip.

This year though- I will pass.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
who knows if it will even be a thing this year.

Menards always has great deals on pet beds on black friday oddly enough, so We usually hit that up as the only black friday trip.

This year though- I will pass.
How many pet beds does one need? Is that an annual purchase?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am assuming this year the best deals should be offered online and not in the stores for the sake of the nation.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen any good deals on a laptop?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am assuming this year the best deals should be offered online and not in the stores for the sake of the nation.
It’s kind of been that way for last two years anyways

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Coming from someone who works in e-commerce, I expect online sales to be absolutely record shattering. One of our stores is up like 300% post covid (granted, it's in a space where it makes sense where this would happen). This holiday season is gonna be bananas for most online retailers.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Coming from someone who works in e-commerce, I expect online sales to be absolutely record shattering. One of our stores is up like 300% post covid (granted, it's in a space where it makes sense where this would happen). This holiday season is gonna be bananas for most online retailers.
Is this the year that Black Friday officially dies and lining up at physical stores will no longer be a thing?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this the year that Black Friday officially dies and lining up at physical stores will no longer be a thing?

I know several black friday nuts that wont be going this year, and it may be it for them.
Was talking to one of them, and she was lamenting all the times she made purchases because the deals were "too good to pass up" only to wind up with a piece of shit item she never used.
This very well could put a nail in the coffin for many.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know several black friday nuts that wont be going this year, and it may be it for them.
Was talking to one of them, and she was lamenting all the times she made purchases because the deals were "too good to pass up" only to wind up with a piece of shit item she never used.
This very well could put a nail in the coffin for many.
I hope so, I have always felt so horrible for retail employees, and for decades now many haven't been able to enjoy Thanksgiving what so ever thanks to Black Friday.

With a seeming shift to Black November online instead of it put into a singular day, maybe these workers can get their holiday back finally.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If anyone sees a good deal on a laptop or surface online please link it up here

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Probably not. Will always have stores open for the holiday. I do think the days of stores opening on Thanksgiving are done though. I remember back around 2008-09 stores didn't open until 4am on Friday.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: