My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Proposal to @Rory Sparrow

Better Rate+ Trubisky or Brees for a one year ban that would start after this year's Super Bowl and last until after next one.

I'll take Mitch.

I suggest the closest apples to apples comparison which would be each guy's third year. It constitutes Brees’ second year starting in the same system which happened in his third year against Mitch this year starting his second season in the same system in his third year. Since as you said it’s an efficiency stat, the fact Brees played 11 games should not matter. By the way, each of them experienced coaching changes in their second seasons so the scenarios are almost exactly the same. Both of them had to scrub an old system and start fresh going into year two. However, Brees did have LT to help him out. Mitch will not have a weapon like that at his disposal.

2003 Brees v 2019 Trubisky

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I suggest the closest apples to apples comparison which would be each guy's third year. It constitutes Brees’ second year starting in the same system which happened in his third year against Mitch this year starting his second season in the same system in his third year.

HA HA HA!

We've already covered this ground last week. I proposed Brees' 3rd year starting vs. Trubisky's 3rd year starting, and you shot it down. You then berated me for offering up such a 'sucker proposition'. No thanks!

COUNTER PROPOSAL BAN BET

Most passing yards...Trubisky or Aaron Rodgers in their third season. I'll take Trubisky. Loser is banned for life.

2007 Rodgers v. 2019 Trubisky

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
HA HA HA!

We've already covered this ground last week. I proposed Brees' 3rd year starting vs. Trubisky's 3rd year starting, and you shot it down. You then berated me for offering up such a 'sucker proposition'. No thanks!

COUNTER PROPOSAL BAN BET

Most passing yards...Trubisky or Aaron Rodgers in their third season. I'll take Trubisky. Loser is banned for life.

So obviously you're not interested in an actual apples to apples comparison of Brees and Trubisky which is each guy's third year in the NFL starting their second season in the same system.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So obviously you're not interested in an actual apples to apples comparison of Brees and Trubisky which is each guy's third year in the NFL starting their second season in the same system.

Two things....one, the only reason this came about is because of your and Calabis's insistence that Brees is a good comp for Trubisky's career arc. Two, I already gave you what I thought was the fairest comparison of Brees/Trubisky by using their 3rd year as starters. You disagree with that...great. But please stop being pissy about it. Thanks.

COUNTER PROPOSAL BAN BET

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Two things....one, the only reason this came about is because of your and Calabis's insistence that Brees is a good comp for Trubisky's career arc. Two, I already gave you what I thought was the fairest comparison of Brees/Trubisky by using their 3rd year as starters. You disagree with that...great. But please stop being pissy about it. Thanks.

COUNTER PROPOSAL BAN BET

Trubisky might as well have been starting for Mt. Carmel his 1st year.

Also, you made the jump on the career arc. I never said he will have a career like Brees. I said at this stage of their careers, Mitch is better and he is.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

COUNTER PROPOSAL BAN BET

Banned for life? Starting to post like a mod ...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Miss at least a game, or get injured on week 5.

Which is sad, cus the bears have zero depth. The fact Long, a guy with a serious injury history and hasn't been good in 4 years, is the bears best option is not a 'strength' for the Bears.
Long questionable for Week 4

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well not a bet but this is my #calledit. Trubisky will come back from injury after the bye week and play at a top 12 level the remainder of the season. And the Bears offense will from that point on also rank the same.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was not going to advertise this outside of the IGT, but here is a little breadcrumb anyhow because I am not giving it it's own thread. FYI:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well not a bet but this is my #calledit. Trubisky will come back from injury after the bye week and play at a top 12 level the remainder of the season. And the Bears offense will from that point on also rank the same.
So, this was wrong.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Rory Sparrow vs. wickerrat

Bet: Over(wickerrat)/Under(Rory) that David Montgomery gets 1200+ scrimmage yards and 10+TDs. If Montgomery fulfills only one of these criteria, then the bet is a 'push'.

Terms: For the remainder of 2020, or until you are banned (whichever comes first)
If wickerrat wins the bet, then Rory will have to have a Montgomery avatar of wickerrat's approval.
If Rory wins the bet, then wickerrat will have to have whichever avatar msadows has at that current time.

@wickerkat @Rory Sparrow

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Proposal to @Rory Sparrow

Better Rate+ Trubisky or Brees for a one year ban that would start after this year's Super Bowl and last until after next one.

I'll take Mitch.

I suggest the closest apples to apples comparison which would be each guy's third year. It constitutes Brees’ second year starting in the same system which happened in his third year against Mitch this year starting his second season in the same system in his third year. Since as you said it’s an efficiency stat, the fact Brees played 11 games should not matter. By the way, each of them experienced coaching changes in their second seasons so the scenarios are almost exactly the same. Both of them had to scrub an old system and start fresh going into year two. However, Brees did have LT to help him out. Mitch will not have a weapon like that at his disposal.

2003 Brees v 2019 Trubisky

@Rory Sparrow you sould have taken the bet.
Rate+ for Brees in his 3rd year 131, Trubisky 88

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm betting Warden named CCS HOF this year

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Fuck it, I'm gonna bet that Mitchell Trubisky will not only win the starting job, but will have a combined 4300 yards or more and 32 TDs or more. If he doesn't, I'll self ban for the entire next off-season. One caveat: if he's injured we will use his per game numbers assuming he plays at least 12. If he doesn't it's a wash.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’ll bet Rosie...aka @Omeletpants didn’t go to the university of Chicago, isn’t rich, doesn’t drive a Audi, doesn’t live in a 5000 sq. ft. house.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ll bet Rosie...aka @Omeletpants didn’t go to the university of Chicago, isn’t rich, doesn’t drive a Audi, doesn’t live in a 5000 sq. ft. house.
He said he went go the university of Illinois

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish