Official CCS Grillmasters thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My local butcher had whole angus brisket for $3.99 a pound, wagyu for $8.99 a pound. Does a brisket need that high of quality and if so, is that good pricing? (made one VERY bad brisket many eons ago)
The regular angus brisket should be cooked to well-done while the Wagyu can be served BLUE RARE provided you ask your guests if it's okay to prepare it like that first.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
How does one make a bad brisket?
I bought what I think is called an end piece. Got it at the local grocery store. Then I thought it would be a good idea to make a slot in the meat and stuff it with onions and bacon. I smoked it for like three to six hours and it was so tough, I just pitched it.

It was epic bad.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I bought what I think is called an end piece. Got it at the local grocery store. Then I thought it would be a good idea to make a slot in the meat and stuff it with onions and bacon. I smoked it for like three to six hours and it was so tough, I just pitched it.

It was epic bad.
Was this before the internet?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Perhaps I should just stay away, i just realized that neither Gus nor HHM can ever be anything but obnoxious.
Surely you've had a brisket before trying to make it. Have you ever had one that was sliced into and filled with onions and bacon?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what kind of absolute moron would decide to stuff something and just pick a random cook time before making something for the first time?????

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The regular angus brisket should be cooked to well-done while the Wagyu can be served BLUE RARE provided you ask your guests if it's okay to prepare it like that first.

Unless the Wagyu has started to rot then you cook it well done to save the meat

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
what kind of absolute moron would decide to stuff something and just pick a random cook time before making something for the first time?????
This is the other thing I don't understand....if you're smoking a brisket you're not worry about the time. You worry about the temperature.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is the other thing I don't understand....if you're smoking a brisket you're not worry about the time. You worry about the temperature.
well i'd say both but that's because I don't think a brisket can be completed in 3 hours, stuffed or not LMAO

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
well i'd say both but that's because I don't think a brisket can be completed in 3 hours, stuffed or not LMAO
Fair point. Whenever I do a brisket, I get a stall around 160-170, so that's when I'm wrapping (a lot of people are doing butcher's paper, but I do foil). I'm not taking it off until it at least hits 200. Then I'm rewrapping, putting some towels around it, and then putting it in a cooler for at least 90 minutes.

Yeah, it's a pretty long process, but the temperature is more important at the end of the day.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Mine was really small (about two pounds) and I did think it would work
Surely you've had a brisket before trying to make it. Have you ever had one that was sliced into and filled with onions and bacon?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was a small brisket though. I'm certain anyone who makes a small brisket is stuffing it before throwing it in a smoker for 3 hours at 500 degrees

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It was a small brisket though. I'm certain anyone who makes a small brisket is stuffing it before throwing it in a smoker for 3 hours at 500 degrees
I guess I didn't consider that part of things.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LMAO who buys a 2 lb brisket unless it's to grind up for burgers??????????????

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I HAD AN 10 OZ SIRLOIN FROM HYVEE FOR FATHERS DAY AND IT WAS WRAPPED IN BACON AND WAS DELICIOUS... I ALSO HAD A BAKED TATER WITH CHEESE, SOUR CREME AND CHIVES ALONG WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS.

THE ONLY THING THE TOOTHLESS WONDER OMMY WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT OUT OF THAT TRIFECTA IS THE BAKED TATER BECAUSE ITS MUSH THAT DOESNT NEED TO BE CHEWED JUST LIKE HIS BRANE LOLOLOLOLOO