Official CCS Grillmasters thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so not 30 minute ribs....Huh. Imagine that.
They were done smoking/grilling in literally exactly 30 minutes from when they were done prepping. You can run away now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorcery of technicality
If you guys want to include the time it takes to rub the ribs via a technique employing a vacuum and immersion heated water, fine. They are 20.5 hour ribs I guess. But I'm not going to include prep time.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you guys want to include the time it takes to rub the ribs via a technique employing a vacuum and immersion heated water, fine. They are 20.5 hour ribs I guess. But I'm not going to include prep time.
cook
/ko͝ok/

Learn to pronounce

verb
verb: cook; 3rd person present: cooks; past tense: cooked; past participle: cooked; gerund or present participle: cooking
  1. 1.
    prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by combining and heating the ingredients in various ways.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
cook
/ko͝ok/
Learn to pronounce
verb
verb: cook; 3rd person present: cooks; past tense: cooked; past participle: cooked; gerund or present participle: cooking
  1. 1.
    prepare (food, a dish, or a meal) by combining and heating the ingredients in various ways.
okay so I guess when you put rub on your ribs after they have been brought to room temp you are "cooking?"

Seriously??????????????

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
cook
/ko͝ok/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. 1.
Well that doesn't make any sense. You can prepare a cold dish that doesn't require any heating at all

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well that doesn't make any sense. You can prepare a cold dish that doesn't require any heating at all

Look buddy I'm just sharing the information that google gave me when I asked it to define "Cook" don't get all uppity.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
okay so I guess when you put rub on your ribs after they have been brought to room temp you are "cooking?"

Seriously??????????????

When you put it in a bag and heat it to 165 degrees.... yes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When you put it in a bag and heat it to 165 degrees.... yes.
If you want to be on @brett05's side, be my guest. Do you also think those ribs look "gross" with no explanation as to why, and that I need "luck" for some reason you won't share?

Will you be running away now?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My dad is looking for a new smoker. He wanted to get this

Can I get a thumbs up or down from the grill pros here
IMO pellet smokers are for men that want to take all of the guess work and artfulness out of cooking, or women who are scared of an unattended fire, who all want their ribs to turn out as good as my 30 minute ribs, but in like 6 hours instead, while they are free to go golfing or shopping or whatever while the meat cooks.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't include prep time

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you want to be on @brett05's side, be my guest. Do you also think those ribs look "gross" with no explanation as to why, and that I need "luck" for some reason you won't share?

Will you be running away now?
I didn't say anything about how they looked, I said you cooked them for over 16 hours...

Nice job cooking ribs for nearly three times as long as everyone else does to get the same result...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nice job cooking ribs for nearly three times as long as everyone else does to get the same result...
Sorry but I know of no person who can cook ribs for only 10 minutes and have them turn out as succulent as mine.