Official CCS Grillmasters thread

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anybody else ever throw corn on the cob directly on the grill in their husk after soaking in water for about half an hour?
Works like a charm,15 minutes and it's peel and eat baby!
Nope, but this serves as a reminder that I need to make elote soon.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Speaking of sides, I'm currently accepting any and all baked beans recipes.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Speaking of sides, I'm currently accepting any and all baked beans recipes.

Step 1. Open can
Step 2. Tear label off
Step 3. Place can on grill

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am thinking about doing my own dry aged beef. Does anyone have experience doing this?

I know someone that used some type of one way membrane bag that they then racked in the fridge for 30-40 days, I am thinking about doing something similar. The other method that I have seen people do is the butter coating but I am not so sure about that?

Thoughts from the grill master fellas?

It would live in the garage fridge.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am thinking about doing my own dry aged beef. Does anyone have experience doing this?

I know someone that used some type of one way membrane bag that they then racked in the fridge for 30-40 days, I am thinking about doing something similar. The other method that I have seen people do is the butter coating but I am not so sure about that?

Thoughts from the grill master fellas?

It would live in the garage fridge.
Don't do it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I always grill a couple of batches of corn when it is in the peak of the season for elote.

God makes corn, he chooses to to allow you prepare it, or not.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got-damn. Thems is show-stoppers. Well done!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Screen-Shot-2018-08-15-at-10.35.38.png

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whew… not much going on in the BBQ thread these days.

Since I’m currently dating a Brazilian… I felt it was finally time I cooked Picanha. (Ok.. maybe she pressed the issue a bit, by buying a couple of them and telling me to cook them 😂)

Anyways… due to its size, I knew I wasn’t just gonna toss that bad boy on the grill so I sous vide it first. I cooked it in the water bath for 6hrs at 131°. Then I removed it and seared it on the BGE until done. Because of the sous vide method, the Picanha was extremely most and it encouraged flair ups in the grill. For the seasoning, I was restricted to salt only. (I snuck in some pepper when she wasn’t looking) I used a specific salt that tastes the same as the kind you would get at a Brazilian steakhouse. It’s like salt concentrate. lol. Anyways. The results were great! (Even though I didn’t cook it in the “traditional” Brazilian fashion of just throwing it on an open grill, standing around it with a group of friends and constantly just cutting pieces off to eat while it cooks. ) Anyone else cook one of these before? What method do you use? My girl has said that once it warms up outside, she (we) will be cooking it the “traditional” way. lol

IMG_2452.jpeg
IMG_2454.jpeg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whew… not much going on in the BBQ thread these days.

Since I’m currently dating a Brazilian… I felt it was finally time I cooked Picanha. (Ok.. maybe she pressed the issue a bit, by buying a couple of them and telling me to cook them 😂)

Anyways… due to its size, I knew I wasn’t just gonna toss that bad boy on the grill so I sous vide it first. I cooked it in the water bath for 6hrs at 131°. Then I removed it and seared it on the BGE until done. Because of the sous vide method, the Picanha was extremely most and it encouraged flair ups in the grill. For the seasoning, I was restricted to salt only. (I snuck in some pepper when she wasn’t looking) I used a specific salt that tastes the same as the kind you would get at a Brazilian steakhouse. It’s like salt concentrate. lol. Anyways. The results were great! (Even though I didn’t cook it in the “traditional” Brazilian fashion of just throwing it on an open grill, standing around it with a group of friends and constantly just cutting pieces off to eat while it cooks. ) Anyone else cook one of these before? What method do you use? My girl has said that once it warms up outside, she (we) will be cooking it the “traditional” way. lol

View attachment 34885
View attachment 34886
Love that cut. I get mine from wildforkfoods.com. opt for the grass fed and its always fantastic. I don't sous vide it (will definitely try that though), just a combo of indirect and direct grilling.

Where's your chimichurri?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love that cut. I get mine from wildforkfoods.com. opt for the grass fed and its always fantastic. I don't sous vide it (will definitely try that though), just a combo of indirect and direct grilling.

Where's your chimichurri?
Haha... I was going to make chimichurri pressed red potatoes... but it was just the 2 of us eating and she didn't want me to go overboard... lol

Instead I just baked a couple of potatoes seasoned with a ghost pepper seasoning and sea salt along with some corn that I cooked back when it was in season and then removed from the cob and froze in a vacuum sealed bag.

When I cook it again, we'll invite some folks over and I'll get all of the sides together along with some chimichurri for the meat.