CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Post all news, discussion, and things relevant to the Chicago Bears training camp in Bourbonnais, IL. Who all is going to be there? I know Zack is planning on going.

The Chicago Bears will kick off Staples Bears Training Camp presented by Chase on Friday, July 30th on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL for the 9th consecutive year. The site, which is located about 60 miles south of Chicago, provides the Bears with four practice fields, air conditioned locker rooms, dining facilities, a weight room, meeting rooms and dorms for players, staff and media.

As always Staples Bears Training Camp will allow fans an opportunity to watch the team practice for FREE. Gates will open one hour prior to the start of all practice sessions. Staples Bears Training Camp provides a family-friendly atmosphere, which includes the Jewel-Osco Inflatable Kids Zone, Junior Training Camps, Staples Kids Only Autograph Sessions (*On Select Days ONLY), Staples Bears Pride Poster Contest (*On Select Days ONLY), giveaways, games and much more.

Theme days and special events this year will include the familiar Armed Forces Day, Comcast Hispanic Day, Family Night at ONU, Comcast Family Night at Soldier Field presented by Chase, Run with Staley, Youth Football Day and Staples Bears Training Camp Safety Service Day featuring several Kankakee area safety service organizations.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Some "theme" days.

Hispanic Day

Sunday, Aug. 1

In addition to kids activities, autographs, youth football camps and giveaways, there will be special activities around the camp grounds

Family Night at Soldier Field

Friday, Aug. 6

Activities outside the stadium -- including a live band, radio station remote broadcasts, kids games, sponsor booths and giveaways -- start at 4 p.m, the gates open at 5 p.m. and practice begins at 7 p.m. The first 30,000 fans will receive a scratch-off card for the chance to go on the field and meet a player and win a signed practice jersey. A fireworks show will follow practice. Assigned seating is $8 and available for purchase chicagobears.com. Tickers are only $7 if four or more are purchased. Tickets at the door are $12.

Bears Family Night at Olivet

Tuesday, Aug. 10

Pre-practice festivities start at 6 p.m. with giveaways, junior training camps and interactive games for kids. Practice under the lights of Ward Field starts at 7 p.m., and a spectacular fireworks display will follow.

Run with Staley/Youth Football Day

Thursday, Aug. 12

The 5th annual Run with Staley, for kids 14 and under, features the Chicago Bears's mascot, Staley. Race participants will run a one-mile loop around the campus of Olivet. Before the run, a kiddy dash will be available for kids 5 and under at Ward Field. All participants will receive a T-shirt and medal, and the first 50 racers to register will receive a pass to the "Kids Only" autograph session following practice. Registration is $15.

Also, wear your youth football team jersey on this day, and youth football organizations that attend can enter their team name for a chance to win free tickets to "Play Football Day" at Soldier Field.

Armed Forces Day

Monday, Aug. 16

Armed Forces Day is dedicated to the men and women who have served and are currently serving our country. Special reserved bleacher seating will be available for those who dress in uniform. If you are interested in being party of Armed Forces Day, contact the USO of Illinois for more information.

Safety Service Day

Wednesday, Aug. 18

See an assortment of Kankakee area safety service organizations, including police cars, fire trucks and ambulances. Professional safety service personnel will be on hand to show off equipment and educate fans.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bears will kick off Staples Bears Training Camp presented by Chase on Friday, July 30th on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL for the 9th consecutive year. The site, which is located about 60 miles south of Chicago, provides the Bears with four practice fields, air conditioned locker rooms, dining facilities, a weight room, meeting rooms and dorms for players, staff and media.

As always Staples Bears Training Camp will allow fans an opportunity to watch the team practice for FREE. Gates will open one hour prior to the start of all practice sessions. Staples Bears Training Camp provides a family-friendly atmosphere, which includes the Jewel-Osco Inflatable Kids Zone, Junior Training Camps, Staples Kids Only Autograph Sessions (*On Select Days ONLY), Staples Bears Pride Poster Contest (*On Select Days ONLY), giveaways, games and much more.

Theme days and special events this year will include the familiar Armed Forces Day, Comcast Hispanic Day, Family Night at ONU, Comcast Family Night at Soldier Field presented by Chase, Run with Staley, Youth Football Day and Staples Bears Training Camp Safety Service Day featuring several Kankakee area safety service organizations.

I know "in this day and age" it has to be done, but does anyone else think the corporate sponsorships are getting out of hand? At least the Chicago Park District hasn't sold naming rights to Soldier Field!

Anyway, I'm very excited about training camp, and I can't wait for the first preseason game!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cant wait

JB94

Liked Posts:
Garza looks ready for business...

55244732.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Anyone else going???

Unitedcenterfans

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone see the funnel clouds over camp today? Not a good start to the year.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Schedule

Screenshot2010-07-30at31153AM.png

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
TC starts today and only 15 days until the 1st preseason game :bearbang:

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I'm stoked...Tommie Harris is healthy(for now) and looks like he's been living in the gym this offseason...

106417384.jpg

WFBST

Liked Posts:
I'll be heading out there Saturday for their first night practice. Can't wait!

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
It is so great to have football back!!! :D

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
I'll be heading out there Saturday for their first night practice. Can't wait!
Have fun!! I did it for the first time last year and it was crazy to see all the people that were there, thanks to the huge Cutler buzz!! :D

WFBST

Liked Posts:
WC Jerome - I was there last year too and it was a zoo. I'm expecting it to be pretty busy this year as well. I know I'm excited to see Peppers and Manumaleuna along with everybody else. I read Izzy cut some weight but looks as strong and fast as ever so I'm pumped for that too. Bear Down!!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bradjock from TalkBears posted some nice thoughts.

With no pads, it's damn near impossible to grade the lines & defense since they went through the motions. Here's my thoughts on QB's, WR's, and the TE's:
1. The radio guys talked about the all great catches but the secondary was avoiding contact. If you hear the media say, "He made a dazzling one-handed grab" there was typically a safety boring down on the receiver. In live action there'd have been no catch. Our QB's completed like 50 consecutive passes.
2. DA was constantly targeted by Cutler. He made some nice catches where he had to adjust his body and he'd go up and get it. He looks like Andre the Giant next to our other WR's cause they're so short. He's the #1.
3. Hester looked pretty damn impressive. Knox not so much. On seperate occasions I observed him run a wrong route, fall down, and have a drop. He's so small I don't see how you can count on him every down.
4. Our TE's were targeted heavily. Greg Olsen looked very impressive but he ALWAYS looks impressive in TC. We targeted Manu which is funny as hell. He looks like a DT trying to run. There's no way in hell we look his way much.
5. During full team drills, Cutler and Hanie took all the reps. Didn't see Lefevor much.
6. Bennett, Iglesias, and Davis all got a lot of work, but I didn't think any of the 3 distinguished themselves. Freddy Barnes looks really slow.
7. Taylor looks quicker and more explosive then Forte. I Forte still looks a step slower then he did his rookie year. It seemed like Bell got a lot of work. Wolfe looked explosive as usual. Unga wasn't used.

Thanks to a buddy I got a Chase VIP pass. Here's a few things on that:
1. I got to meet Brian McKaskey. He seemed cool as hell and told stories out his grandfather, his Mom, and Ditka.
2. Thanks to the VIP seating I was around all the media guys. Jeff Joniak sounds amazing just when he's talking on the phone to somebody.
3. I got Corey Whooton and Craig Steltz's autograph. Whooton looks like he needs to hit the weights and Steltz needs a haircut

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks