CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – Isaac Bruce, a star wide receiver in Mike Martz’s offense with the St. Louis Rams, is headed to Olivet Nazarene University to help the Bears learn the intricacies of Martz’s system.

Isaac Bruce is the Rams' all-time leading receiver.

Bruce is scheduled to arrive Wednesday and remain with the team for the rest of training camp. The 37-year-old, who retired in June, played 14 of 16 NFL seasons with the Rams from 1994-2007.
Teaming with Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt, Bruce was a key member of an explosive St. Louis offense that was dubbed “The Greatest Show on Turf.” A four-time Pro Bowler, Bruce holds Rams career receiving records with 942 receptions, 14,109 yards and 84 touchdowns.

“He’s a Hall of Fame-type guy,” said coach Lovie Smith, who served as Rams defensive coordinator from 2001-03. “He’s been a great receiver in the league. He knows exactly what our guys need to do and what they’re going through right now, so he should help the guys quite a bit.”

Bruce has already assisted one Bears receiver, working with Devin Hester for about a month during the offseason at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

“I learned a lot from him,” Hester said. “He’s one of the guys who mastered this offense. I just tried to pick his brain, and he really helped me out with the mental part of the game.

Issac Bruce to help Bears WRs learn the system.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the best if not the best to ever play WR in Martz's offense is helping the Bears young receivers. It can only help IMO

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At Today's practice Cutler was very frustrated with the defensive pressure.

In fact, he fired a pass at the Hospitality tent in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.