1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vaughn!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Terrible not worth sitting in the rain for this

Orestes

Liked Posts:
As of April 4th on one site, they were 12-1 to win WS and over/under win projection was 91.5. I don't have the vibe I had after 2019 but there are a few positives: Anderson, Robert, and Jimenez are at their prime or getting better. And I'm hoping that Moncada can get healthy and produce like 2019 (over .900 OPS).

In fact, all of the above need to stay healthy for this team to succeed throughout October and at the gate. I put them at 12-1 just to draw 2 million -- it's been ELEVEN years already, and deservedly. The front office throughout the 2010s was by far the worst in town (IMO), even worse than the Bears and Bulls (at least they had a pulse). We can't have Fernando Tatis Jr. back, but hey, maybe bringing Miller Lite back will help.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Barf.

And the injuries continue to pile up.
One of the more memorable injuries in recent years was in 2014. Avi Garcia jammed his shoulder diving for a ball in right-field in the first week. He escaped serious injury. Robin must have given him a stern talking-to, because Avi then went out and jammed his shoulder diving for a ball in right-field in the second week. He missed over four months with a torn labrum.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don’t like the idea of immediately stressing your closer with a 4 out save attempt on opening day coming off an abbreviated Spring.

Mike Fink

Liked Posts:
New article!! Hope it's dope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Fink

Liked Posts:
New article is up. What do y'all think about the pitchers being out?

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LuBob is a BAAAAAD man.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had concerns about a lot going in to this season. It's still early, but I feel much better about things right now. Position players-wise the team looks like they have the depth to contend. Still concerned about pitching; Keuchel being able to do what he did last night consistently would be great. I know his ERA is still over 5, but he basically hung in there for 5. If Cease can be steady good, and Gio and Lynn aren't out long and can maintain their level, they might be able to cobble together the last starting spot by committee. So far so good.

Mike Fink

Liked Posts:
I had concerns about a lot going in to this season. It's still early, but I feel much better about things right now. Position players-wise the team looks like they have the depth to contend. Still concerned about pitching; Keuchel being able to do what he did last night consistently would be great. I know his ERA is still over 5, but he basically hung in there for 5. If Cease can be steady good, and Gio and Lynn aren't out long and can maintain their level, they might be able to cobble together the last starting spot by committee. So far so good.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Reynaldo Lopez (2-0) surrendered the lead in his one inning of work (1st blown save) but is credited with the win.

Nice crowds Friday and Saturday in chilly April weather -- 19,000 on Friday and 27,000 on Saturday. Good to see the Sox come through for those fans.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think at some point you go all-in and trade surplus bats and future picks/farm for an ace rental.

What this team needs is an ace.
Gio would make a fantastic team first #2. Lynn and keuchel and cease look better against lower tiers.

Plus attrition. Etc. but we have time and will win enough we can wait for the right price and situation and I believe we will.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Going to my first game in about 20 years. Got a couple freebies. Let’s hope for a sweep today.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
I think at some point you go all-in and trade surplus bats and future picks/farm for an ace rental.

What this team needs is an ace.
Gio would make a fantastic team first #2. Lynn and keuchel and cease look better against lower tiers.

Plus attrition. Etc. but we have time and will win enough we can wait for the right price and situation and I believe we will.
Only one such successful trade like that in the 2000s comes to mind; when they got Freddy Garcia for promising young catcher Miguel Olivo, and that was 18 years ago. Other such trades ranged from disaster -- Semien for Samardzija -- to catastrophe -- Tatis Jr. for Shields. This team needs to be built for the long term -- for a decade plus -- with hitters and home runs and consistently hitting the 2 million attendance mark. A one-and-done WS appearance followed by another decade like the 2010s may prove fatal for the franchise.