OFFICIAL College Football 2021 Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would love for the Illini to surprise me today as they did vs Penn State, but I don’t expect they can score enough to do so.

Most fans might think it’s a good thing when one of their players says the quarterback is “locked in” but when an Illinois player said that Brandon peters is “locked in” I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
I would love to come back here later and happily say I was wrong.

Let’s see a good game today, @HawkBear .

Wave. Win at Iowa.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would love for the Illini to surprise me today as they did vs Penn State, but I don’t expect they can score enough to do so.

Most fans might think it’s a good thing when one of their players says the quarterback is “locked in” but when an Illinois player said that Brandon peters is “locked in” I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
I would love to come back here later and happily say I was wrong.

Let’s see a good game today, @HawkBear .

Wave. Win at Iowa.
All bets are off when it comes to Iowa. The offense is putrid. I think we see a close one. Iowa by 7!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile tOSU has quickly jumped ahead of MSU 21-0.

And that's a Mel Tucker D, folks!

EDIT: I am having flashbacks to Mel's Bears' tenure, and getting PTSD.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Uh, interesting game so far I guess lol. No other words

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Iowa has gotten some ridiculous calls late in this game.

Illinois tackled the WR, Iowa starts shoving and Illinois gets penalized TWICE.

Then Illinois hits the passer as he throws, not late, not in the head....and gets called for roughing the passer! There is NO explanation for that. They looked at it to also see if it was targeting - not even close- and still determined somehow it was roughing the passer. That was insanely bad.

(And these two announcers are as bad a duo as I have heard in a long time. They have zero input on what is happening at the game, perhaps because they aren't.)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Iowa has gotten some ridiculous calls late in this game.

Illinois tackled the WR, Iowa starts shoving and Illinois gets penalized TWICE.

Then Illinois hits the passer as he throws, not late, not in the head....and gets called for roughing the passer! There is NO explanation for that. They looked at it to also see if it was targeting - not even close- and still determined somehow it was roughing the passer. That was insanely bad.

(And these two announcers are as bad a duo as I have heard in a long time. They have zero input on what is happening at the game, perhaps because they aren't.)
Lol, going to have to disagree with you on the roughing the passer call. That was pretty obvious

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My dog could play QB better than Brandon Peters does, and I put her down in June.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol, going to have to disagree with you on the roughing the passer call. That was pretty obvious
Explain what made that roughing the passer. By rule. Literally NOTHING according to the rules made that roughing the passer.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In heaven there is no beer!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't like to pick on a college kid playing amateur sports but the day Brandon Peters leaves Champaign is a day calling for a celebration.

As an Illini and Bears fan, I get a heavy, heavy dose of bad QB play, and he is as bad as I can recall at Illinois in a long, long time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In heaven there is no beer!
That was brutal, as expected. Iowa scored one TD against the Illini D all day, and Illinois' offense is so bad they couldn't take advantage. The D is the same guys who played last year for Lovie and allowed double the PPG, BTW.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How’s this for a wild stat: Nebraska scored the exact same number of points in big ten play as they allowed. And finished 1-8.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
How’s this for a wild stat: Nebraska scored the exact same number of points in big ten play as they allowed. And finished 1-8.
That is some rough luck, no doubt. I actually thought they would beat Iowa last night

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Big time gophers fan today

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Penn State wearing all white and the field is covered with snow. Fun game.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So holy shit. I don't usually watch college football but was out tonight with family at a sports bar and caught the beginning of the Oklahoma versus Oklahoma State game.

Who the fuck is Spencer sanders?
His release was so fucking fast I couldn't believe my eyes. Is he on the radar to be a pro? His arm talent looks like he could be.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lincoln Riley just made the smartest decision he could of by leaving OU for USC

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lincoln Riley just made the smartest decision he could of by leaving OU for USC
Smart - get out of the SEC. Much easier path to CFP thru the PAC-12, not to mention the program and incredible recruiting pool he has to draw from.