OFFICIAL College Football 2021 Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All the transfers is pretty crazy. College football is going to be like free agency every year now

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and I love it. I love the chaos. Better not get attached to any players on your team until they graduate or get drafted

TL1961

Liked Posts:
and I love it. I love the chaos. Better not get attached to any players on your team until they graduate or get drafted
What’s to love about that?
How do coaches build programs if every kid can leave at any time?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s to love about that?
How do coaches build programs if every kid can leave at any time?
I don't like forcing kids to stay in one place if they don't want to. Most kids will stay at the same school, but there's no reason why students can't have the option to transfer. If coaches can move freely, students should be able to as well. As for the coaches, they just need to get creative and adapt with the times. A team like Duke MBB used to not take one and dones, but now they do. Have to adapt with the times.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't like forcing kids to stay in one place if they don't want to. Most kids will stay at the same school, but there's no reason why students can't have the option to transfer. If coaches can move freely, students should be able to as well. As for the coaches, they just need to get creative and adapt with the times. A team like Duke MBB used to not take one and dones, but now they do. Have to adapt with the times.
I get that sentiment, and share it to some extent. But you can't build a football program with one and dones. There's no middle ground. We went from forcing a kid to sit out a year of he transferred, while also forcing him to pay tuition of it was within the conference, to full on free agency. Seems a bit of an over correction.

But given one system or another, I prefer this one that allows more freedom.

Under the previous system, for example, kids transferring to Illinois had to sit a year - Luke Ford in football, and two in basketball as recently as two years ago - while kids transferring to Ohio State (Justin Fields) or from Ohio State played immediately. It was ridiculously biased and inconsistent, so this is certainly a better system.

I just think it's too easy to just keep jumping ship to go where there's the best talent. It's like the college version of Lebron! :ROFLMAO:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that sentiment, and share it to some extent. But you can't build a football program with one and dones. There's no middle ground. We went from forcing a kid to sit out a year of he transferred, while also forcing him to pay tuition of it was within the conference, to full on free agency. Seems a bit of an over correction.

But given one system or another, I prefer this one that allows more freedom.

Under the previous system, for example, kids transferring to Illinois had to sit a year - Luke Ford in football, and two in basketball as recently as two years ago - while kids transferring to Ohio State (Justin Fields) or from Ohio State played immediately. It was ridiculously biased and inconsistent, so this is certainly a better system.

I just think it's too easy to just keep jumping ship to go where there's the best talent. It's like the college version of Lebron! :ROFLMAO:
yes...I agree with you about football programs. Hard to build them when students are transferring every offseason. It's a bit tough for football. I also don't see many star athletes at a program leave for another program. Usually, it's the backup who thinks he can get a chance to start somewhere else. Obviously this is still rough because now the coach who thought he had a good QB in waiting, now has to look for another QB to transfer in.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
USC and UCLA joint the B1G? Basically creating two super conferences

Aka the Big is not shitty @Black Rainbow

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I really hope this is a precursor to getting out of the ncaa entirely.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Now the talk is that the Big Ten has confidence Oregon and Notre Dame will join.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s not, but it’s still the SEC’s bitch

Yeah but who isn't? It's the SEC's world and everyone else just lives in it. Especially the SEC West. The East is basically Georgia and a bunch of shitty teams. Tennessee has been stuck in neutral since the Iraq War, Florida just seems to have a fluke season every few years and the rest of them are complete bums.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah but who isn't? It's the SEC's world and everyone else just lives in it. Especially the SEC West. The East is basically Georgia and a bunch of shitty teams. Tennessee has been stuck in neutral since the Iraq War, Florida just seems to have a fluke season every few years and the rest of them are complete bums.
Agreed. That said, the SEC east is catching up. I expect Tennessee to have a good season this year, and Kentucky under stoops keeps improving.

flash back to the 1990’s and it was reversed…the SEC east was loaded and the SEC west was pretty poor, even worse than the SEC east has been lately

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Now the talk is that the Big Ten has confidence Oregon and Notre Dame will join.

My neighbor is a ND booster, did undergrad there. He said that they would need a special exception to join the Big 10 since the Graduate program is not qualified for the Big 10's graduate requirements. Apparently, one has to be a member of the AAU(?)