Official College Football Thread 2022

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Hawkeye.

How da fuck down Iowa score 7 points with a field goal and 2 safeties. Has to be the wildest win in history.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
On Wisconsin!

I didn't realize Illinois State was such a better team than Illinois.

38-0 is going to look like a tight game compared to what the Badgers are going to do to Illinois at The Camp in October.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Interesting topic from my chat today comprised of 50/50 Iowa and Nebraska fans. Who has a longer leash - Brian ferentz or Scott frost
Brian Ferentz is the obvious answer. Frost's buyout significantly drops at some point this season (October - maybe?). He's a goner and doesn't have his father to save him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Iowa-SD had the lowest Over Under of any game on the board yesterday. And they came in 32 points under it.

Rutgers punted on 4th and goal.

Illinois turned the ball over in IU territory three times and turned it over on downs once.

Big Ten football is back!!

Oh, and the Illini-IU game was decided by a blown call on a disallowed TD.

So it’s all the way back!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember when Mike Norvell was the flavor of the week, and he went to a school with a better history/recruiting area and we all learned how bad he is?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Brian Ferentz is the obvious answer. Frost's buyout significantly drops at some point this season (October - maybe?). He's a goner and doesn't have his father to save him.
I agree, Ferentz is the answer. Frost's buyout drops from $15 million to $7.5 million on October 1st so it wouldn't stun me if he was fired on October 2nd. I'm pretty well convinced he's trying to get fired on purpose before October 1st at this point after doing another completely random onside kick while up a touchdown in the 3rd quarter. Just like Frost's tenure at Nebraska, the onside kick was unsuccessful and poorly executed.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since 2020 - Iowa has won 6 games in which they punted 8+ times. The rest of FBS? 2 games.

Special teams wins games!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Georgia going the distance
They are damn good, but I imagine they slip up at some point. Probably to bama(shocking I know).

Tennessee and Florida will also have a punchers chance at Georgia. Even Kentucky is a solid team. Looking at the schedule, Georgia plays those 3 teams all at the end of their season with MS State sandwiched in there.

It wouldn’t shock me to see Georgia get upset by one of those 3, then go on to lose to bama in the SEC title game and miss out on the playoff

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ohio State is the only team in the country to defeat a Top 10 team. They won by 11.

And dropped in the polls.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They are damn good, but I imagine they slip up at some point. Probably to bama(shocking I know).

Tennessee and Florida will also have a punchers chance at Georgia. Even Kentucky is a solid team. Looking at the schedule, Georgia plays those 3 teams all at the end of their season with MS State sandwiched in there.

It wouldn’t shock me to see Georgia get upset by one of those 3, then go on to lose to bama in the SEC title game and miss out on the playoff

Florida has no shot at UGA. AR15 has looked awful, averaging more yards per carry than pass attempt.

Tennessee on other hand has a chance. I’m thrilled that Game Day is finally back in Knoxville. Don’t have any idea the last time that has happened. I’m hoping for a Vols win today

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Florida has no shot at UGA. AR15 has looked awful, averaging more yards per carry than pass attempt.

Tennessee on other hand has a chance. I’m thrilled that Game Day is finally back in Knoxville. Don’t have any idea the last time that has happened. I’m hoping for a Vols win today
I threw Florida in because at the time I posted it they had just beaten Utah. Plus, Florida/Georgia is a rivalry game as you know, so anything can happen.

That said, since that post Florida has looked pretty mediocre for sure.

2016 was the last game day trip to Knoxville, I believe.

Vols should destroy Florida, but it’s a rivalry game so I’m not too cocky. Plus, Tillman doesn’t sound like he’s going to play which really hurts Tennessee. Going to need the other receivers to step up today

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That 6'5 415 pound lineman for Florida gonna be sucking wind with the uptempo offense of the Vols.

At this point, UGA looks ridiculous. Someone may snipe them but they gonna be tough not to win the natty

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fuckin Vols allow late TD and blew my parlay. Once they did and lost the onside kick I was hoping they would lose. ?