CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, more satisfying than seeing A&M lose since I discovered that creepy Midnight Yell tradition they have.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, more satisfying than seeing A&M lose since I discovered that creepy Midnight Yell tradition they have.
That truly is the creepiest thing going in sports. It is an abomination. And I feel the same way I love seeing them lose.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No ESPN! Just NO!

College Gameday has always been pretty good and Pat McAfee has actually been a good addition although he needs to realize that he doesn’t need to do 99% of the talking on a four-man panel.

But for the love of God ESPN, you cannot - absolutely cannot - add Stephen A Smith to this show. Even if it’s a one time appearance.

This know-nothing blabbermouth egomaniac has no business being on the show. We all know ESPN wants him on TV 25 hours a day but it’s bad enough having to listen to Desmond Howard who knows nothing and now we get Stephen A Smith?

Dear God get him off my TV.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No ESPN! Just NO!

College Gameday has always been pretty good and Pat McAfee has actually been a good addition although he needs to realize that he doesn’t need to do 99% of the talking on a four-man panel.

But for the love of God ESPN, you cannot - absolutely cannot - add Stephen A Smith to this show. Even if it’s a one time appearance.

This know-nothing blabbermouth egomaniac has no business being on the show. We all know ESPN wants him on TV 25 hours a day but it’s bad enough having to listen to Desmond Howard who knows nothing and now we get Stephen A Smith?

Dear God get him off my TV.
BCBA88ED-5ABB-4827-9038-EB32784FFA9B.jpeg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So @SilenceS does LSU stay within the 13.5pt spread? @knoxville7 how you feeling about pulling the upset, especially after Nolan Smith being out for the year?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So @SilenceS does LSU stay within the 13.5pt spread? @knoxville7 how you feeling about pulling the upset, especially after Nolan Smith being out for the year?
I’m more concerned with jalen carter tbh. Tennessee has handled pash rushers like smith no problem. I’m more worried about big JaLen stuffing up the run game up the middle. Tennessee needs the run game to at least be effective to run the play action they love so much

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gamble all day. Im not sure. The talent is thriving and man, I cant hate. Brian Kelly is saying the right words. I can get behind a man that came to the SEC to compete against the best

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I gamble all day. Im not sure. The talent is thriving and man, I cant hate. Brian Kelly is saying the right words. I can get behind a man that came to the SEC to compete against the best
As a ND fan, I fucking hate him but he does deserve props for going to the most difficult conference in the nation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a ND fan, I fucking hate him but he does deserve props for going to the most difficult conference in the nation.
I hear ya, I didnt care for him but he is a competitor. Anyone who wants to compete, Im with it. Its the only way to win in the SEC.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hear ya, I didnt care for him but he is a competitor. Anyone who wants to compete, Im with it. Its the only way to win in the SEC.
Yeah Lincoln Riley wanted none of that

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Smart move, imo. Great college track record.

CC: @cameronkrazie86
Truthfully, I'm not in love with it but then again, I don't really think there were many great choices this year. My three un-releastic hopes were to pay Urban whatever it took to get him. If not Urban then either Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach would've been my next best hope. I would've also been fine with Hugh Freeze. Rhule is fine just very unexciting.

Hopefully if it is Rhule that he keeps Mickey Joseph on staff so that Nebraska can benefit from his ability to recruit. I'm assuming Joseph won't be here though which sucks. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Trey Palmer play wide receiver this year for the Huskers. It's been so fun watching Nebraska have a true difference maker at wide receiver and you know Joseph will find guys who can play wide receiver.

So I'd say for this year, good hire especially considering the sorry ass state of the program (though beat Iowa at least!). I don't know if he'll ever win anything of substance for the Huskers but I do think he'll help get the program back to respectability.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Truthfully, I'm not in love with it but then again, I don't really think there were many great choices this year. My three un-releastic hopes were to pay Urban whatever it took to get him. If not Urban then either Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach would've been my next best hope. I would've also been fine with Hugh Freeze. Rhule is fine just very unexciting.

Hopefully if it is Rhule that he keeps Mickey Joseph on staff so that Nebraska can benefit from his ability to recruit. I'm assuming Joseph won't be here though which sucks. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Trey Palmer play wide receiver this year for the Huskers. It's been so fun watching Nebraska have a true difference maker at wide receiver and you know Joseph will find guys who can play wide receiver.

So I'd say for this year, good hire especially considering the sorry ass state of the program (though beat Iowa at least!). I don't know if he'll ever win anything of substance for the Huskers but I do think he'll help get the program back to respectability.
I realize I shouldn't, but I've been arguing with Husker fans on Twitter, and if you want to talk about some of the most unrealistic people in the world, look no further. A lot of them think guys are just going to leave their jobs because a. it's Nebraska and b. they athletic department has money to spend. I've always argued that guys aren't just going to leave their jobs, and just throwing money at any HC isn't going to fix the problems. Then I'm called a hater.

Anywho, I was/am (don't know how serious the rumors are so I'm not sure what tense to use) a fan of Matt Entz. Or Chris Klieman at KSU, who Entz replaced at NDSU. I never ruled Rhule out, but maybe I was being too contrarian with the salary aspect of things. Rhule had great success at Temple and then at Baylor. He's a great college coach. He was definitely way too young to be an HC in the NFL and I don't think the Panthers did him any favors.

All of this said, whomever is hired needs to make Mickey Joseph the highest paid at whatever job he accepts