Official College Football Thread 2022

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Damn right!

Can’t wait to see Saban yelling and screaming and throwing his headset like the lil baby he is.

Going to be an orange out in Neyland
Is Tillman back?

Saban will attempt a trick play on special teams. Beware that Alabama will definitely get one massive blown call to their advantage

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Damn right!

Can’t wait to see Saban yelling and screaming and throwing his headset like the lil baby he is.

Going to be an orange out in Neyland
I'm going to miss a majority of that game and it upsets me to no end.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is Tillman back?

Saban will attempt a trick play on special teams. Beware that Alabama will definitely get one massive blown call to their advantage
They supposedly decided on the tightrope surgery with getting him healthy for this game in mind. If he doesn’t play, I’d have to imagine there’s been a set back in the rehab or something.

And I for sure agree with both those statements, saban hasn’t been afraid to pull a fake punt out of his ass from time to time.

Also, I’d be happy if there’s one ONE massive blown call to their advantage lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm going to miss a majority of that game and it upsets me to no end.
I’d say record it and avoid any updates or apps, but these days that’s damn near impossible to do. It’ll be one hell of an environment for sure. Few places do it quite like Knoxville when they are good.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I won't even have my phone on me.
I just found out that we’ll be at a fucking pumpkin patch in the sticks, not Arlington Heights sticks but real fucking sticks where you see confederate flags everywhere. And there is no reception there. This blows.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just found out that we’ll be at a fucking pumpkin patch in the sticks, not Arlington Heights sticks but real fucking sticks where you see confederate flags everywhere. And there is no reception there. This blows.
Ummm fuck that pumpkin patch?! Tell her you’ll be watching a sea of orange instead lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No Tillman for Tennessee today. And no McCollough at S either(no surprise there)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That looks to be one fun and raucous atmosphere in Knoxville today!

Looking forward to that game.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Illinois bowl eligible after todays win.

Chase Brown over 1,000 on the ground again, second season in a row.

[edit]

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who are the voters who keep putting Penn State in the top 15 every year no matter how bad they are?

Penn State literally has not beaten a truly good team in 20 years. Well, one I guess. They are 1-20 against top 10 teams since the year 2000 and James Franklin is the most overrated coach on the planet.

They got a pick six from their defense today and still trail by 24 and they are rated number 10 in the country which is absolutely absurd.

Stop voting for this year’s top 25 based on the name on the uniform or the reputation of the school.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If you didn’t watch the Tennessee/Bama game, you missed a classic

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I didn’t.

But say it with me:

Hendon for Heismann
Big facts. And Hyatt just put himself in position to be a top 60 pick. He has completely seized the moment/opportunity Tillmans injury presented the other WR’s

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It is kind of funny that anytime two teams play a good defensive game people say it was a bad game but when they play a high scoring game in which nobody plays a lick of defense it’s an “instant classic“.

Bama with an injured QB committed 16 penalties and still scored 49, but Hooker and Co just scored quickly over and over.

It was funny seeing the fans taking the goal posts to the bars in Knoxville. Party on, Vols.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bad Notre Dame just lost at home to a Stanford team whose only win was against Colgate, and the announcers finished with telling us that Notre Dame was really looking good lately and praising David Shaw of Stanford again.

That guy has one hell of a PR staff, because he’s done absolutely nothing for five years and walks on water in the eyes of the media.

Meanwhile, ESPN darling Marcus Freeman who they could not stop promoting at the beginning of the season as a greatest hire ever, has now lost at home as a 16.5 point favorite and as a 22 point favorite.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It is kind of funny that anytime two teams play a good defensive game people say it was a bad game but when they play a high scoring game in which nobody plays a lick of defense it’s an “instant classic“.

Bama with an injured QB committed 16 penalties and still scored 49, but Hooker and Co just scored quickly over and over.

It was funny seeing the fans taking the goal posts to the bars in Knoxville. Party on, Vols.
There was defense played last night, the defenses overall just got overwhelmed by better offense. If you don’t feel the game was an “instant classic,” then I’m not sure what else you want out of a football game lol

Tennessee’s defense was knocking Bryce Young around all game long. He just kept getting up and making more throws.

Penalty wise, yeah bama was sloppy. Though, I imagine the raucous atmosphere in Neyland had a bit to do with that

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There was defense played last night, the defenses overall just got overwhelmed by better offense. If you don’t feel the game was an “instant classic,” then I’m not sure what else you want out of a football game lol

Tennessee’s defense was knocking Bryce Young around all game long. He just kept getting up and making more throws.

Penalty wise, yeah bama was sloppy. Though, I imagine the raucous atmosphere in Neyland had a bit to do with that
I loved it. I just know that every high scoring game is considered by many to be a classic. But that game had some high level talent! It was classic.

I do think it's worth noting that taking the goalposts to the river is indeed classic.