Official College Football Thread 2022

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tennessee clearly has done very well and put themselves squarely into the CFP discussion.

The writer onCBS who vaults them to #1 for beating "four Top 25 teams" 3 o which are NOT in the Top 25 once results came in, is getting ahead of himself.

The guy has Oregon #10 and Alabama #7, but gives TN more credit for beating Bama by 3 than Georgia gets for destroying Oregon. Oregon has scored 30 in every game after barely being able to cross the 50 against GA.

Alabama is the team that has nothing on its resume right now. They won by one over a Texas team playing its 2nd string QB, and playing hurt.

I'd put TN 3 or 4 right now. They have plenty of opportunity to move to #1.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tennessee clearly has done very well and put themselves squarely into the CFP discussion.

The writer onCBS who vaults them to #1 for beating "four Top 25 teams" 3 o which are NOT in the Top 25 once results came in, is getting ahead of himself.

The guy has Oregon #10 and Alabama #7, but gives TN more credit for beating Bama by 3 than Georgia gets for destroying Oregon. Oregon has scored 30 in every game after barely being able to cross the 50 against GA.

Alabama is the team that has nothing on its resume right now. They won by one over a Texas team playing its 2nd string QB, and playing hurt.

I'd put TN 3 or 4 right now. They have plenty of opportunity to move to #1.
Well, you could point out that those teams became unranked due to losing to Tennessee.

That said, I’m not concerned with being #1 ranked or not. Like you said, they have their destiny in their hands. They go beat Kentucky and Georgia and they will have one of the most impressive resumes I’ve ever seen in a season.

and even if they lose @ Georgia, they still are likely a CFP team with a 11-1 record with the wins they’ve had and the one loss being to Georgia who most on here felt was unbeatable to start the season

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tremendous game. If Im the Vols, I dont want to see them again in playoffs. Saban doesnt lose twice to a team and I wonder if number 34 got cut. Saban head exploded when that guy just randomly tries to pick up the punt. That was a huge play. Bamas DBs were getting smoked.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tremendous game. If Im the Vols, I dont want to see them again in playoffs. Saban doesnt lose twice to a team and I wonder if number 34 got cut. Saban head exploded when that guy just randomly tries to pick up the punt. That was a huge play. Bamas DBs were getting smoked.
Psssshhhhhh….more like if I’m bama, I don’t wanna play the Vols again. Bama can’t stop the offense of Tennessee. If I’m bama, I’m hoping to play Georgia for the SEC title game and an offense that isn’t explosive and is pretty straightforward in what it’s trying to do.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remember, Tennessee was without the services of their best WR

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Psssshhhhhh….more like if I’m bama, I don’t wanna play the Vols again. Bama can’t stop the offense of Tennessee. If I’m bama, I’m hoping to play Georgia for the SEC title game and an offense that isn’t explosive and is pretty straightforward in what it’s trying to do.
Georgia has the nation’s best D.

Tennessee is 104th.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Georgia has the nation’s best D.

Tennessee is 104th.
Cool story

Has nothing to do with what I said about the TN offense scaring bama to death and that bama would rather deal with georgias offense than tennessees

Also Georgia has #3 defense

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember, Tennessee was without the services of their best WR
That didnt matter. It would matter if they couldnt separation. He isnt a game changer the way the game went. I am no Bama fan and Im not even an LSU fan but bama looked like the better team. Itss why I say dont see them again

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That didnt matter. It would matter if they couldnt separation. He isnt a game changer the way the game went. I am no Bama fan and Im not even an LSU fan but bama looked like the better team. Itss why I say dont see them again
Huh?

And Bama is better than LSU, got it…some enthralling info there ?

RiderJake

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Buffaloes
Bama actually looked better. And it seems to be picking up a trend.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have seen it put this way before and saw it repeated Saturday, and I think it's accurate:

"Texas A&M thinks they're Alabama, but they're just another Mississippi State."

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@Aquineas thoughts on your in-state riv
  1. 85 Million is a crapload of money.
  2. From a competitive point-of-view, honestly, I don't get how in Texas of all places, which practically every other state pulls talent from (including other powerhouse states like Florida, Alabama, Georgia, California, Louisiana, etc), that neither A&M nor The University of Texas are not more dominating than they are. I mean I sorta get why the University of Texas isn't- Austin is a city of 2.2 Million people, every silicon valley company has a (major) presence there, it's the state capital, and there are more young women there than there are pecans in a pecan orchard- there are simply too many distractions in Austin (Do yourself a favor and just walk around on Rainey Street on a warm Saturday afternoon- and that's before it gets crazy on Saturday night). But there's not a lot going on in Bryan/College Station other than Texas A&M. So neither Sarkisian nor Jimbo get a pass, Jimbo to me gets even less of a pass.
  3. Remember Texas is the same state that has multiple high-school stadiums that cost more than $40 Million. We're talking HIGH SCHOOL.
  4. Both Texas and A&M are in the top-10 for football revenue in the country. Each Texas locker in the UT locker room gets a 37" TV above the locker. The Longhorns have stuff the Bears don't even have, like cryogenic recovery chambers and shit- and the Bears since they upgraded their facilities are ranked pretty high in the NFL rankings.
  5. All it really means is that there are a lot of rich ex A&M and UT alumni.
  6. 85 Million is still just 1/4 more than what Roger Goodell earns in a single season. Does any of this make sense considering how that money might be better used in the educational system? Not even a little bit lol.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@TL1961 just how good is Chase Brown?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
@TL1961 just how good is Chase Brown?
Pretty darn good. Illinois hasn't faced great defenses this year, except Iowa's is pretty good. But he is consistent and piles up a lot of yards.

Minnesota had not allowed a lot of rushing yards and he ran all over them and added a receiving TD of 40 yards.

MarkoBrook

Liked Posts:
  2. From a competitive point-of-view, honestly, I don't get how in Texas of all places, which practically every other state pulls talent from (including other powerhouse states like Florida, Alabama, Georgia, California, Louisiana, etc), that neither A&M nor The University of Texas are not more dominating than they are. I mean I sorta get why the University of Texas isn't- Austin is a city of 2.2 Million people, every silicon valley company has a (major) presence there, it's the state capital, and there are more young women there than there are pecans in a pecan orchard- there are simply too many distractions in Austin (Do yourself a favor and just walk around on Rainey Street on a warm Saturday afternoon- and that's before it gets crazy on Saturday night). But there's not a lot going on in Bryan/College Station other than Texas A&M. So neither Sarkisian nor Jimbo get a pass, Jimbo to me gets even less of a pass.
  3. Remember Texas is the same state that has multiple high-school stadiums that cost more than $40 Million. We're talking HIGH SCHOOL. Results tho just like some small town team with a local sporting goods store Outdoor Sports Store | Sporting Goods sponsorship, not multimillion one.
  4. Both Texas and A&M are in the top-10 for football revenue in the country. Each Texas locker in the UT locker room gets a 37" TV above the locker. The Longhorns have stuff the Bears don't even have, like cryogenic recovery chambers and shit- and the Bears since they upgraded their facilities are ranked pretty high in the NFL rankings.
  6. 85 Million is still just 1/4 more than what Roger Goodell earns in a single season. Does any of this make sense considering how that money might be better used in the educational system? Not even a little bit lol.
Spot on description of Austin, so glad I moved out 3 years ago :D But I do agree, TX is underperforming in correlation to how much funds are getting funneled in.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
  3. Remember Texas is the same state that has multiple high-school stadiums that cost more than $40 Million. We're talking HIGH SCHOOL.
I’ll never forget when I moved to Tulsa, OK just before my freshman year of high school and went to the first football game of the season, and literally my jaw dropped when I went to the stadium…it was legit turf they played on and the seating capacity was unlike anything I had seen at high school game before.

Texas and Oklahoma go all out for the high school football

Just found out this season they did a $42 million renovation for it