*OFFICIAL* Free Agent Tampering begins 12:00pm est today

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We’re switching to cover 2. You forget already with lovie how this is going to play out?
Take it for what it's worth. PFF claims Eberflus mixes his coverages quite a bit.

"Though they do base out of Cover 3, with 28% of their snaps coming in that coverage, defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus mixes his coverages a lot. He doesn’t rank in the top 15 in usage rate for any coverage except for quarter-quarter-half; he likes to sit in a one-gap four-down front style without blitzing, hoping to use those four linemen to get pressure.

That hasn’t worked well even with the addition of DeForest Buckner. The Colts' defensive linemen ranked just 23rd in pressure rate, and they finished 12th league-wide last season in EPA allowed per play."

Even Lovie didn't play nearly as much Cover 2 as most believe. One of the most infamous plays during Lovie's tenure, the Rodgers/Cobb/Conte play was NOT in Cover 2.

Liked Posts:
Huge possibility now that Devante Adams sits out the entire season (he is way underpaid with the franchise tag). Not worth playing this year.
No chance. This literally happens every year with at least one high profile WR...every single year. They threaten to sit out and they always play (whether its the tag or they get a contract)...every single year.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Take it for what it's worth. PFF claims Eberflus mixes his coverages quite a bit.

"Though they do base out of Cover 3, with 28% of their snaps coming in that coverage, defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus mixes his coverages a lot. He doesn’t rank in the top 15 in usage rate for any coverage except for quarter-quarter-half; he likes to sit in a one-gap four-down front style without blitzing, hoping to use those four linemen to get pressure.

That hasn’t worked well even with the addition of DeForest Buckner. The Colts' defensive linemen ranked just 23rd in pressure rate, and they finished 12th league-wide last season in EPA allowed per play."

Even Lovie didn't play nearly as much Cover 2 as most believe. One of the most infamous plays during Lovie's tenure, the Rodgers/Cobb/Conte play was NOT in Cover 2.
If I’m thinking of the same play, that wasn’t lovie’s D. That was Mel Tucker’s defense

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
No chance. This literally happens every year with at least one high profile WR...every single year. They threaten to sit out and they always play (whether its the tag or they get a contract)...every single year.
Yeah but this an entire different situation. The money being handed out is huge, on another level huge.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Holy fuck.

You think they're done?
No. But I think they already have the remaining D Linemen that fit the scheme. They immediately addressed the biggest hole on the line.

I am not sure what you’re going for here. They’re not going to be in the super bowl next year, but the implication they will spend two years before they can field a 4-3 D is silly.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If I’m thinking of the same play, that wasn’t lovie’s D. That was Mel Tucker’s defense
You're right. LOL. I forget people got mad and said it was Lovie's fault Tucker had to run Lovie's D. That looks like it was Tucker's first year. People were blaming the Cover 2 when the coverage on that play was Cover 2.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
@bears26 vs. @Dejo in different threads for who has less to do in their personal lives so they can keep posting twitter links.
I have only been under this thread as I have been busy at work. I have not even checked to see if others are posting somewhere else. And for your information, I have been multi-tasking (writing up documentation, scheduling appointments and other stuff from work).

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I have only been under this thread as I have been busy at work. I have not even checked to see if others are posting somewhere else. And for your information, I have been multi-tasking (writing up documentation, scheduling appointments and other stuff from work).
Well done!

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Draft WRs sign OLINE, c'mon Poles