***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears at Falcons (Cannot Wake From The Tank Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not just the last drive. Most of this years drives. Maybe the OC needs more than 1 year playcalling. Just ignore all the mistakes this season and look forward to the off-season.
The last drive was by far the worst of the game. Getsy had some iffy play calls this entire game.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
What in the world is going on in here lmao. This team does not have a drop back passing game, period. The line can't block for it, the receivers can't create significant separation, and Fields can't make the reads quick enough.

This isn't going to change week to week. They also haven't been doing enough of it on a weekly basis to expect them to be able to march down with less than 2 minutes.

They don't have the players for it, and Fields needs to make serious leaps heading into next season. Why is this Getsy's fault?
IMO, Getsy called a shit game. He ran Fields way, way too much in the 1st half. I have no problem with a few QB runs but it can't be the entire centerpiece of your offense. When they would drop back to pass, it was always in predictable passing downs, rarely on 1st down and almost always in 2 and long (usually because the 1st down run failed or a penalty. I get that the line sucks but you've got to at least pretend to be a passing threat on non-obvious passing downs. The one deep shot they took, it was just overthrown but would've gone for 6 if it had connected. Didn't see anything resembling something similar the rest of the day.

As for the 2 minute catastrophe, it was obvious Fields was hurting even before that final drive. To call a designed QB run on 1st down was dumb because the Bears refused to throw on 1st down so why would the defense be fooled? But whatever, okay, you call that play but then Fields is slow to get up. They take a timeout and then call a 2nd QB run right after that? Why do that? You leave yourself in a situation where either you rush the 3rd down play (because the clock's moving) or you take a 2nd timeout in 2 plays. Unless it's a chunk play, it leaves you with so little room for error with an offense that needs all the help it can get. It was beyond terrible.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Your best player on the O has the ball ...

Yeah.

Drop back passing with this O line ...

I get the oline issues but how about some slants, screen passes, hell even 4 verts and heave it to claypool. Fields was clearly hurt before that last drive, to call two runs with him in that situation is inexcusable.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not big on tanking or just the idea that a higher draft spot is more important than building a cohesive unit that wins games. But they’re somehow in that sweet spot where you can see they’re getting better. And you can see Fields is the guy. Yet they’re still losing. It’s actually working out kind of perfect. I’m not gonna lie and pretend I wanted to lose or want to lose any game. The way they have been losing though isn’t really discouraging. They traded away all their best defensive players so it’s going to be a struggle on that side of the ball. I don’t really worry about the Bears and defense though. They’re going to spend big on the line in FA and the draft. They have a lot of money to spend. They’ll even have resources to bolster the offense even more. They can get a quality lineman and receiver. I’m pretty excited.
Ya and we are gonna have to wait ten years for that.. that’s how long off season feels for me. Having to wait 8 fucking mos after January is bullshit.. why does hockey start much earlier and is more brutal than the nfl?

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles traded a 2 round pick for 2 catches 10 yards lol
Would u have rather have him go to Green Bay? Cause that’s where he was headed if we didn’t steal him first. Plus how is it claypools fault that they only targeted him once.. it’s shit coaching and bad play designs.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, they should have tackled Patterson on the return?
Nah, but the play calling was atrocious and so was the 55 yard FG attempt. They punt, they don't get points before half

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
keep in mind getsy is an inexperienced OC, who's never been a play caller. This inexperienced is gonna leak
out at various times.....unfortunately
Then he has no reason to be a oc of the bears. I don’t understand why we keep hiring mediocre coaches and expect them to be good.

Dawgsfan1

Liked Posts:
Does Ryan Day want to coach in the NFL? He should have been a candidate from the moment the cubs drafted Justin Fields.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Would u have rather have him go to Green Bay? Cause that’s where he was headed if we didn’t steal him first. Plus how is it claypools fault that they only targeted him once.. it’s shit coaching and bad play designs.

Who cares if he went to Green Bay? Yes I’d have preferred they overpaid for him instead of the bears. Guarantee he would have more than 10 yards after 3 games as well.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Then he has no reason to be a oc of the bears. I don’t understand why we keep hiring mediocre coaches and expect them to be good.

It’s because selling hope is cheap and it works in this town.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
keep in mind getsy is an inexperienced OC, who's never been a play caller. This inexperienced is gonna leak

.....AND that's the million dolla question. At some point we gotta look at ownership ?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The play calling in the end there at the last drive was not good. Fields on a run play out of bounds comes up limping holding his leg and what do you do on the very next play call a quarterback run up the middle? Stupid call there!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That’s no excuse for that last drive. You know your QB is hurting, yet you run him twice and make him take hits. Not smart by Getsy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
#1,147 Look don't u be a jackass who deflects.

getsy didn't call a good game today. Several ppl here have mentioned it. He is not
an experienced play caller. That's a fact and NOT A LIE. And today is proof.

No you being a jackass is implying this one game somehow vindicates your opinion. It doesnt. The last few games have proven your crying about his being hired was stupid.