***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Panthers (Devil in the Freakin' Details Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
we used excuses on offense by saying they have been playing some tough defenses, but today was a shit defense and the Bears offense was still trash. Nagy had his moments, but I think execution is a bigger problem than ppl want to admit. Hard for any plays to work when the oline can't block anyone or when your WRs catch balls past the first down marker and then go backwards, or when your #1WR can't hold on to the fucking ball.
Or when Nick Foles decides to toss it up to the defense when they're on the 25.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy was brought here to bring the offense into the 21st century. How's that working out?

Nagy is a trash coach that inherited a good defense that he has NOTHING to do with. If Nagy had an average or below average defense, this would be his last year as our coach.

lol, you're so ridiculous

it's like saying Lovie shouldn't get blame for his bad O cause he was a defensive coach

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

it's like saying Lovie shouldn't get blame for his bad O cause he was a defensive coach
that's a good point. I never considered it that way. I always blamed Lovie for the offense even though it wasn't his unit.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

So we should heap praise on Nagy for this defense? What kind of criticism does he deserve for how inept this offense is in year 3?

Lovie sucked. Nagy sucks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we should heap praise on Nagy for this defense? What kind of criticism does he deserve for how inept this offense is in year 3?

lol, jesus dood

sorry this year has been so sad for you

if you this mud while bears are stacking wins; well you might want to reevaluate your hobbies. who knows whats gon happen in the future. bears will prob get exposed sooner or later.

but if you are this much of a bitch through a 5-1 start to the season, man I don't know what to tell you.

If aren't having fun now, it might never happen

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The team isn't that good but we're 5-1. You have to lower your expectations. This team, based on their quality alone, could easily be 2-4 or 3-3 right now.

Most of the games this season have been competitive and entertaining. Fans can remember seasons in recent memory when the games were neither.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just for some context...Bridgewater, Smith, and the Carolina offense in general were really exposing teams up to this game. I know everyone wants to bitch about lack of offensive production, Nagy's playcalling, etc. But the reality is this defense is REALLY good, and this team has grit. If they get into the playoffs anything can happen. It hasn't been pretty but this team keeps on fighting every week.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, jesus dood

sorry this year has been so sad for you

if you this mud while bears are stacking wins, well you might want to reevaluate your hobbies. who know whats gon happen in the future. bears will prob get exposed.

but if you are this much of a bitch through a 5-1 start to the season, man I don't know what to tell you. If aren't having fun now, it might never happen

I mean, I'm just being realistic. I'm glad we're 5-1. But are we a team that will consistently beat good teams to make a deep playoff run? Can this team even split the season series with the Packers? I don't think so.

None of this matters if we get to the playoffs and get stomped by a good team. None of this matters if we can't beat the Packers.

So yeah, 5-1. Cool. We're still a very flawed team. And if our defense doesn't bail us out, we can't win games. I don't know what else to say. Oh, Nagy sucks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Meet me in the parking lot of Pretzels for some fisticuffs...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team isn't that good but we're 5-1. You have to lower your expectations. This team, based on their quality alone, could easily be 2-4 or 3-3 right now.

Most of the games this season have been competitive and entertaining. Fans can remember seasons in recent memory when the games were neither.

this

the is not gon be in the top 10 this year. doesn't matter who the coach is

folks prob need to come to terms with that

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
that's a good point. I never considered it that way. I always blamed Nagy for the offense even though it wasn't his unit.

The difference is that the unit Lovie oversaw was actually good and sometimes elite. Where the unit Nagy oversees is terrible. So the comparison doesn't entirely work.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah defense just keeps getting better too, barring injuries we can ride that into the playoffs agree.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, I'm just being realistic. I'm glad we're 5-1. But are we a team that will consistently beat good teams to make a deep playoff run? Can this team even split the season series with the Packers? I don't think so.

None of this matters if we get to the playoffs and get stomped by a good team. None of this matters if we can't beat the Packers.

So yeah, 5-1. Cool. We're still a very flawed team. And if our defense doesn't bail us out, we can't win games. I don't know what else to say. Oh, Nagy sucks.

again, if you waiting for a bears team that isn't flawed before you settle down and let yourself have fun, then dood, I don't know what to tell you

maybe hang a punching bag next to the couch or something

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

You ain't wrong.

My big fear is this: Nagy's Bears are JUST good enough for him to stick around. We don't have that coach that brings us into the 21st century offensively and finally makes the Bears a real force in the NFL. We're just good enough for him to NOT get fired.

Meanwhile, there is a coach/GM combo out there somewhere that could make this team elite. But we have Pace and Nagy. And we'll forever pine for the 85 Bears. Lol.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
of course but nobody else who follows football subscribes to the Nostradamus nonsense
I see a team that can’t run the football at all. An offense that at best is below average passing the ball. A horrid play caller and a defense that is bad vs the run. Look at the best teams in the nfl and what they’re good at.

You can talk about records and use the lazy “anything can happen in the playoffs” narrative but I’m more into what’s most likely to happen based on what usually happens. Not that meatball crap.

Sorry but I don’t like like playoff teams that legitimately don’t have a shot at winning. All it does is make ownership complacent and you get another 5 years of mediocrity. If you’ll take that because “anything can happen” more power to you. I’ve never seen the bears win a sb. This isn’t the regime to get it done and I’m done waiting for them to prove me right.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
again, if you waiting for a bears team that isn't flawed before you settle down and let yourself have fun, then dood, I don't know what to tell you

maybe hang a punching bag next to the couch or something

Nah, I'm about to go ride my bike 30 miles. The Sunday Bears stress helps me ride longer. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.