***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Panthers (Devil in the Freakin' Details Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You don't throw the ball in that situation. That's exactly one of the reasons why.
If he runs it there on 3rd and 3, we aren't getting a first, and we're punting. And bitching ensues.

I would have preferred a run. I am with you on that. But the play called was a safe pass play to our "best" WR and he fucking dropped an easy three yard pass.

I understand that everybody has decided before a game even starts that Nagy is responsible for all poor execution, bad blocking, high throws, and drops. But the play call was not bad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he runs it there on 3rd and 3, we aren't getting a first, and we're punting. And bitching ensues.

I would have preferred a run. I am with you on that. But the play called was a safe pass play to our "best" WR and he fucking dropped an easy three yard pass.

I understand that everybody has decided before a game even starts that Nagy is responsible for all poor execution, bad blocking, high throws, and drops. But the play call was not bad.

It was 3rd and 2.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fans like to point to Nagy's overall record, but imagine if he coached a team without a great defense. I suspect his career record would be very ugly.
So instead we point to what his record would be, hypothetically, if things were different? We're upset because "if it weren't for the winning, he'd have a losing record"??? ?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
The team isn't that good but we're 5-1. You have to lower your expectations. This team, based on their quality alone, could easily be 2-4 or 3-3 right now.

Most of the games this season have been competitive and entertaining. Fans can remember seasons in recent memory when the games were neither.
Could easily be 0-6 as well.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
So instead we point to what his record would be, hypothetically, if things were different? We're upset because "if it weren't for the winning, he'd have a losing record"??? ?

You entirely missed the point. But I don't spend time arguing with obvious contrarians.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It was 3rd and 2.
OK. But given our run blocking, that is also not likely to be a first. Again, I wasn't hoping for a pass, but I saw the play and the play call was not a dumb call or a ridiculous decision. A coach shouldn't be calling plays his players can't make. Or low precentage plays. That would warrant criticism. But that was simply not the case with the call he made. It was a simple play, not executed by his top WR.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
The somewhat trite term “Winning ugly” certainly applies to 2020 Bears, but I’m savoring the wins while they last. Been a Bears fan for years & seen many seasons when I’d love to see 5-1 & winning ugly.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
The somewhat trite term “Winning ugly” certainly applies to 2020 Bears, but I’m savoring the wins while they last. Been a Bears fan for years & seen many seasons when I’d love to see 5-1 & winning ugly.
Biggest thing this team needs is an OL that can run block...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Foles had 114 yards passing in the first half....he needs to get better.

I loved his post game interview

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You entirely missed the point. But I don't spend time arguing with obvious contrarians.
Your point is that you claim he sucks because he is winning (as a HEAD coach) with D. So, assuming just an average D, where would we be?

Now tell me, do you think he has the offensive personnel that should be winning in the NFL? Do you think any coach could step in and win games with this offensive line, QB and skill players?

Do you think that NFL teams that ARE winning have worse personnel?

Or are you just criticizing him because you can't do anything else?

I don't think the Bears look like a powerful team right now. I am not asking anyone to kid themselves. But the Vikings have more talent and are 1-5. I have watched enough NFL football, and heard enough NFL coaches say that it's not easy to win and you don't take any W for granted or complain about it.

And I see a coach who took over a 5-11 team, played with what everyone here agrees is shitty QBs and no OL, and he has gone 25-13 in 38 games. And 90% of this board blasts him all day long every game day, win or lose.

I didn't miss the point at all. The point missed the mark.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK. But given our run blocking, that is also not likely to be a first. Again, I wasn't hoping for a pass, but I saw the play and the play call was not a dumb call or a ridiculous decision. A coach shouldn't be calling plays his players can't make. Or low precentage plays. That would warrant criticism. But that was simply not the case with the call he made. It was a simple play, not executed by his top WR.

Monty got 8 yards on his first 2 runs. Dont overthink it. Just run the ball.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The clock would have been running and they would have been forced to use their last time out

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Read this morning that after 40 yards on his first 8 carries, Mike Davis had 10 more carries for 12 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.