***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Buccaneers (Momentous Megalithic Matchup of MVP Machismo Madness Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
buccaneers-vs-bears.jpg

Chicago Bears (3-1) vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)
Thursday, Oct. 8th 7:20pm (CST)
Solider Field
FOX
NFL NETWORK
AMAZON PRIME
WBBM 780
Chicago Bears lead series 39-20-0
index.php

View attachment 7445View attachment 7446View attachment 7447

TASHAUN GIPSON vs RONALD JONES

Jones had the Buc's best rushing performance of the season this past Sunday, rushing for 111 yards on 20 carries. Coaches credited his success on the ground to open the downfield passing attack for the Immortal Tom Brady. Continuing that success is going to be vitally important with almost the entire Tampa receiving corps on the team's injury report. The Chargers' safeties were unable to corral Jones when the blocking sprung the back past the initial line of tacklers, but the Bears have a pair of strong tacklers at safety in Gipson and Eddie Jackson. Gipson has been strong in run support with 13 of his 24 tackles so far coming on run plays as the Bears were able to hold the Colts to 2.8 YPC on Sunday. Can the Bears continue the strong run defense and make Brady rely on his depleted group of pass catchers?

CODY WHITEHAIR vs TEVITA TULI'AKI'ONO TUIPULOTU MOSESE VA'HAE FEHOKO FALETAU VEA

Better known simply as Vita Vea, Tampa's young talented defensive tackle has become the heart of this rising defense. Able to control the line of scrimmage in the run game while having enough speed to chase down opposing quarterbacks, Vea is far more than your average nose tackle. Facing off with him will be Chicago's Pro Bowl center, Cody Whitehair. After some experimentation with switching out to guard last season...Whitehair has settled back into the center position where has found a lot of success. The Bears are also going to need to get a rushing attack going and that is going to begin and end with the cat & mouse game Whitehair & Vea will be playing in the middle.

KHALIL MACK vs ROB GRONKOWSKI

Still one of the best edge players in the game, Mack was finally a full participant in practice this week for the first time all season. While the Buc's tackles will brunt a lot of the load, Gronkowski, who has taken 91% of his snaps this year tight against one of those tackles, more often on the right side, will have to deal with Mack on multiple occasions as well. On one hand, Gronkowski, an excellent blocker, will be looking to keep Mack away from Tom Brady. On the other hand, Mack may occasionally have to keep Gronkowski in check when he releases from the line. Can Gronkowski do enough to keep Brady's jersey clean or will Mack have the recently unretired Tight End missing his couch?

The Chicago Bears are one of four teams that Tom Brady has never played for or lost to. Brady is currently 5-0 against the Bears, Vikings, Cowboys and 6-0 against his new division rival Falcons...whom Brady last beat in their Super Bowl 51 meeting.

2020-ts-png.7068

Stats for the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they enter Week 4.
Bears​
Bucs​
Total First Downs​
84​
88​
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)​
24-52-8​
23-53-12​
3rd Down Conversions​
19/56​
23/51​
4th Down Conversions​
3/5​
2/2​
Total Offensive Yds​
1373​
1486​
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)​
266- 5.2​
260 - 5.7​
Total Rushing Yds​
442​
391​
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)​
101 - 4.4​
100 - 3.9​
Total Passing Yds​
931​
1095​
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)​
93 - 157 - 5 - 6.4​
101 -155- 4 - 7.2​
Sacks​
8​
14​
Field Goals​
5/7​
5/7​
Touchdowns​
10​
15​
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)​
0 - 10 - 0 - 0​
4- 11- 0 - 0​
Time of possession​
31:29​
30:30​
Turnover Ratio​
-1​
+2​

PASSING
"Just a Kid from Ohio with a Clipboard"

i-1.png

ATT
COMP​
YDS​
CP%​
YPA​
TD​
INT​
LONG​
SACK​
RATE​
86​
51​
560​
59.3​
6.5​
6​
3​
28​
7​
87.4​

RECEIVING
Allen Robinson

i

RECEPTIONS​
YARDS​
YDS PER REC​
LONG​
TD​
25​
331​
13.2​
37​
2​

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTS​
YARDS​
YDS PER ATT​
LONG​
TD​
53​
218​
4.1​
23​
0​

index.php

TACKLES
Roquan Smith
i

COMBINED​
SOLO​
ASST​
TFL​
QB HITS​
33​
25​
8​
5​
0​

INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Fuller

i

INTS​
YARDS​
TDS​
LONG​
PASS DEFLECT​
1​
5​
0​
5​
5​

SACKS
Akiem Hicks

i

PLAYER
SACKS
Akiem Hicks​
3.5​
Khalil Mack​
1.5​
Robert Quinn​
1​
Barkevious Mingo​
1​
Brent Urban​
1​
TOTAL TEAM SACKS

power-rankings-head-png.7070

OUTLET​
RANK​
LINK​
PFT​
14​
NFL​
22​
USA Today​
18​
ESPN​
15​
CBS​
14​

insights-heading-png.7071

THE BEAR FRONT PODCAST

win-heading-png.6765

This week EliasStein has been kind enough to donate a print to us to giveaway from his Hometown Icons store! This is for DONATORS ONLY! If you're not already a member it's quick and easy to sign up, click on the "Register Now" button below. To Donate, please click here. Join the conversation and make sure you get in on your chance to win these awesome prizes!

OFFICIAL CONTEST LINK

View attachment 7422

gameday-food-heading-png.7072

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m expecting to see the Bears have their best game of this young season. Bucs are a little banged up at WR and the Bears have one of the best secondaries in the league.

The secondary will be sticky enough for the Dline to make Brady uncomfortable, which Brady usually has troubles when under pressure.

Foles now has several practices under his belt with the 1’s. I’m expecting Nagy to get him comfortable with high percentage passes. The Bucs Dline is aggressive so 3 step, quick throws should be in the game plan. Mooney speed should be exploited in single coverage.

I see the defense winning the turnover battle.

Bears 31
Bucs 17

Last edited:

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I’m expect to see the Bears have their best game of this young season. Bucs are a little banged up at WR and the Bears have one of the best secondaries in the league.

The secondary will be sticky enough for the Dline to make Brady uncomfortable, which Brady usually has troubles when under pressure.

Foles now has several practices under his belt with the 1’s. I’m expecting Nagy to get him comfortable with high percentage passes. The Bucs Dline is aggressive so 3 step, quick throws should be in the game plan. Mooney speed should be exploited in single coverage.

I see the defense winning the turnover battle.

Bears 31
Bucs 17

Do you know that Tampa is a top 5 defense in almost every stat? And has a great Offense.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Time for Mack and Quinn to earn those contracts

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
TOMpa Bay versus NICKago
This Thursday night match up will be one for the ages.

Speaking of ages, how old is Tom Brady now? And Gronkowski? More Gronslowski! Am I right?

And someone tell all the doctors to go back to Covid cases instead of tending to all those hurt Buccaneer players! Am I right?

I fully expect Chicago to bring all that wind with them tonight! That will be the factor. Bear weather is real.

And look for Einstein. whoops I meant Nagy to call up some real brainiac plays. The man is a MENSA graduate I tell ya!

How about those Bears? Look for them to Bear down all over those dirty pirates.

Bears 24
Bucs 21

Bucs kick 7 field goals!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears win tonight and finally get some respect from the national media. I don't see Foles or Nagy struggling this badly 2 games in a row. They will rebound from that disastrous performance last week. 31-21 Bears.

Also, Lebron might be getting his 4th ring tonight. If the Bears get embarrassed on television, nobody will really be talking about it tomorrow.

Edit: My bad. NBA game is tomorrow. lol

Last edited:

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Predictions:

* Tom Brady picks Pagano's soft zone bullshit apart for 4 quarters with a TD drive on the Bucs first possession.

* Chicago comes out with a run play on their very first play of their first possession but Montgomery is stuffed for no gain which sends Nagy into a panic and he then throws the ball 29 straight times, most of them being horizontal.

* Charles Leno continues to shine as the weakest link on the entire roster, but he will still be the unchallenged starter at LT for the foreseeable future.

* Nick Foles will have an ok game, but Chicago won't be able to score due to untimely sacks/pressures (see Leno, Charles), boneheaded penalties, dropped passes (see Miller, Anthony) and head scratching playcalling.

* Chicago's defense will be gassed by the 3rd quarter as they will have been on the field for 90% of the game already and then the Bucs will start scoring at will while the SNF broadcast team points out the utter incompetence of Chicago and their many QB failures.

Bucs 34
Chicago 13 (with a garbage time TD)

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brady will chew our secondary up.. Fuller will have another bad game

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
BEARS -14(negative) and 0for3 on field goal tries.
BUCS 14 points that the Bears Offense and Nagy will hand to the Bucs defense and plus another 31 points that Tom Brady&Co. will score for themselves.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller will have another bad game

Fuller has been solid.

To my kinda, but not really trained eyes...Eddie Jackson has been the weak link more often than not all season.

Did not see that coming, but that's kind of the theme of 2020.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fuller has been solid.

To my kinda, but not really trained eyes...Eddie Jackson has been the weak link more often than not all season.

nah..EJ had a good game vs Colts, actually.. he and the rest of them had a lot on their plate these recent games, I'm worried that our guys on defense is gonna need a break mid game tonight. Too many miles on them legs and they were breathing heavier compared to the offense they had faced the last two games. Kind of why Colts burnt two timeouts on fourth downs to see if Bears' D jump offsides. Fatigue = errors and mistakes.

Team Chicago

Liked Posts:
Brady is heating up. Even with some injuries to that offense I think we are going to have to score 30ish to win and I don't see that happening.

Would like to see Foles take some shots down the field and help open up the run game.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller has been solid.

Fuller had 3 disasterous plays vs the Colts

1-PI for 15 yards, extending a drive

2- he got beat on a TD pass

3- another PI to set up a score

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Tom Brady is about to board the Bears "spaceship" at Soldier Field like he's a real-life Edward Kenway.

1st quarter..
DapperVeneratedChameleon-size_restricted.gif

2nd quarter...
0CFDD8BBA1B41C972068C748A11B56C904DA3308

3rd quarter...

4th quarter...
cbbf593c8e5a1efa653161b5e63d13dc.gif

Last edited:

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady is about to board the Bears "spaceship" at Soldier Field like he's a real-life Edward Kenway.

1st quarter..
DapperVeneratedChameleon-size_restricted.gif

2nd quarter...
0CFDD8BBA1B41C972068C748A11B56C904DA3308

3rd quarter...

4th quarter...
cbbf593c8e5a1efa653161b5e63d13dc.gif
LOVED that game.
And Nagy is blackbeard

"In a world without gold, we might have been heroes."

Or Nagy's version "In a world without trick plays, we might have won."