***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Packers (Coach Killaz Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
packers-vs-bears.jpg

Chicago Bears (3-2) vs Green Bay Packers (4-1)
Sunday, October 17th @ Noon (CST)
Solider Field
FOX 32
WBBM 780
Green Bay Packers lead series 101-95-6

Rodgers_1.gif
shea.gif

index.php

View attachment 14846View attachment 14847View attachment 14848
View attachment 14826

JAYLON JOHNSON vs. DAVANTE ADAMS

There is no better QB/WR combo in the NFL today than Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams. Adams is not only leading the league in both receptions and yards, he has more yards receiving than the entire Chicago Bear offense combined. I have no idea how Sean Desai plans to slow down what could be a 2K season for Adams, but the Bears best hope is second year prodigy at cornerback, Jaylon Johnson. While Johnson had a great rookie year, Adams got the best of him plenty. Now it's time to see how much Johnson has learned after two meetings last season. Can Jaylon Johnson do the impossible or will Adams and Rodgers continue to impose their will on opposing defenses?

ALLEN ROBINSON/DARNELL MOONEY vs. ERIC STOKES/ISSAC YIADOM

On the flip side you have the Bears with two talented receivers of their own. While it had been mostly the Allen Robinson show in Chicago in recent years, it's second year wideout Darnell Mooney currently leading the Bears' receivers. The Packers star cornerback, Jaire Alexander is already on injured reserve and Kevin King has not been practicing at all this week after suffering a shoulder injury in last Sunday's win against the Bengals. This leaves rookie Eric Stokes and core special teamer Issac Yiadom as Green Bay's diminishing options at cornerback. With the Bears losing running backs as quickly as the Packers are losing cornerbacks, Robinson & Mooney are going to have to make some plays to keep the ball moving for Chicago. While getting into a passing duel with Aaron Rodgers is rarely the best plan of attack, the Bears would be wise to exploit this tremendously beatable matchup.

JUSTIN FIELDS vs. MATT NAGY

Speaking of a passing duel with Aaron Rodgers, the Bears rookie quarterback has won the starting job, but not quite yet the heart of his head coach. Justin Fields has yet to top twenty passing attempts in a game and while it's gotten him a 2-1 record as a starter...it's not going to keep pace with the best passing attack in the division. I know it's going to be tempting to repeat the gameplan that got you the upset in Las Vegas, but if you are ever going to take the proverbial training wheels off the young passer...it should be on his home field against the quarterback that has put up more points on the Bears in the past decade than anyone else. The Bears could use this win in the worst way to not only keep pace in the division, but to keep the momentum going on the road to a rematch with the greatest quarterback of all time. Does Nagy take the leap of faith in his young QB or is this just going to be another game the defense is going to have to carry?

giphy.gif

2021-team-stats-png.13764

Stats for the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers as they enter Week 6
Bears​
Packers​
Total First Downs​
85​
104​
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)​
38 - 35 - 12​
25 - 67 - 12​
3rd Down Conversions​
19/58​
24/56​
4th Down Conversions​
1/7​
2/5​
Total Offensive Yds​
1200​
1738​
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)​
289 - 4.2​
307 - 5.7​
Total Rushing Yds​
634​
503​
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)​
149 - 4.3​
126- 4.0​
Total Passing Yds​
566​
1235​
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)​
74 - 122 - 3 - 6.0​
112 - 170 - 3 - 7.7​
Sacks​
18​
10​
Field Goals​
7/7​
10/13​
Touchdowns​
9​
13​
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)​
6 - 2 - 0 - 1​
3 - 10 - 0 - 0​
Time of possession​
29:33​
31:31​
Turnover Ratio​
+3​
+3​

giphy.gif

PASSING
Justin Fields

i

ATT
COMP​
YDS​
CP%​
YPA​
TD​
INT​
LONG​
SACK​
RATE​
72​
37​
458​
51.4​
6.4​
1​
2​
64​
14​
64.5​

RECEIVING
Darnell Mooney

i

RECEPTIONS​
YARDS​
YDS PER REC​
LONG​
TD​
20​
261​
13.1​
64​
0​

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTS​
YARDS​
YDS PER ATT​
LONG​
TD​
69​
309​
4.5​
41​
3​

index.php

football-classic.gif

TACKLES
Roquan Smith
i

COMBINED​
SOLO​
ASST​
TFL​
QB HITS​
50​
29​
21​
2​
2​

INTERCEPTIONS
Roquan Smith
i

INTS​
YARDS​
TDS​
LONG​
PASS DEFLECT​
1​
58​
1​
58​
1​

SACKS
Khalil Mack

i

PLAYER
SACKS
Khalil Mack​
5.0​
Robert Quinn​
4.5​
Roquan Smith​
2.0​
Trevis Gipson​
2.0​
Mario Edwards​
1.5​
Bilal Nichols​
1.0​
Tashaun Gipson​
1.0​
Akiem Hicks​
0.5​
Angelo Blackson​
0.5​
TOTAL TEAM SACKS

power-rankings-head-png.7070

PFT​
19​
NFL​
23​
USA Today​
21​
ESPN​
16​
CBS​
13​

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Some Packer douche on FB just told me that Fields has already proved he's a bust in 3 starts....not enough TDs to prove he's good, he said. Sounds like a few clowns on this forum.

Guess they should just cut ties and let Dalton play again?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears aren't there yet.. If all goes well, I'll look for a bears win next season
Packers 24
Bears 17

Bears, please prove me wrong!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think two things need to happen for us to win this game:

1) The D line getting a fuckton of consistent pressure on Rodgers

2) A more balanced approach on the playcalling side. I've been loving the commitment to the run, but now we are down to RB #3. I like Herbert a lot, but you can't put this all on his shoulders. I still think a healthy dose of that is necessary, but Justin needs to take some shots against this secondary to keep things honest.

For me this is a can, but probably won't win.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me this is a can, but probably won't win

I am chugging the Kool Aid this week.

The Packers' plan forever now is to make the Bears throw the ball and watch them fail. That shit ends on Sunday when Justin Fields puts the hurt on a injury ravaged Green Bay secondary, including an improbable game sealing drive.

Bears 30
Packers 27

NFL stunned

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Either vs Rodgers this week, or Brady next week, I feel the first time Fields is gonna be asked to throw it 50 times a game is coming sooner than later.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Packers plan forever is to make the Bears throw the ball and watch them fail. That shit ends on Sunday when Justin Fields puts the hurt on a injury ravaged Green Bay secondary, including an improbable game sealing drive.

Bears 30
Packers 27

NFL stunned
Man, I hope so

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The Packers' plan forever now is to make the Bears throw the ball and watch them fail. That shit ends on Sunday when Justin Fields puts the hurt on a injury ravaged Green Bay secondary, including an improbable game sealing drive.

Bears 30
Packers 27

NFL stunned
I think I'm gonna borrow from you and go full meatball in this week's foodblog edition. Gravy from scratch, pasta and some homemade meatballs. Is there really a better time than now to go full meatball?

Pics and recipe incoming in the foodblog thread. I probably won't eat it until after the game, but seems like a solid dinner plan.

Cc: @HeHateMe

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think two things need to happen for us to win this game:

1) The D line getting a fuckton of consistent pressure on Rodgers

2) A more balanced approach on the playcalling side. I've been loving the commitment to the run, but now we are down to RB #3. I like Herbert a lot, but you can't put this all on his shoulders. I still think a healthy dose of that is necessary, but Justin needs to take some shots against this secondary to keep things honest.

For me this is a can, but probably won't win.
Agreed on all fronts. The Packers' secondary is so injured ARob and Mooney shouldn't have a problem getting open. Just run max protection for Fields and let those 2 win their matchups.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I really do like the matchups that we have. The packers defense is not good. I don't envision them getting a ton of pressure on Fields.

The Bears have faced some VERY good defenses and I think Justin Fields will exploit those DBs and there's no way that Eric Stokes and some no name from the practice squad are gonna be able to stop A Rob and Mooney.

Bears 28 Packers 23

46plank

Liked Posts:
Sorry I just don’t have enough faith yet.
Packers 27
Bears 17

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
4th string OT
3rd string RB
Possibly no Arob, Mack, Hicks and others.

Could it be any tougher for Fields?

Packers 25
Bears 17

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The bears will win this game.

Bears 23
Packers 14
I wish I could join you and Jamais and nvan. I really do.

Nagy fails when the lights are brightest. He will have more influence this game than the past couple.

He is not smart enough or humble enough to grow in his role while the heat has turned off him and been applied to Meyer and Gruden respectively.

Packers win and Monday morning everywhere across the NFL, Nagy tops the list of coaches on a hot seat - well, second to Meyer assuming he keeps the Jags L streak alive.

I really want to be wrong.