***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Texans (Honeymoon is OVER: Got no LOVIE dovie FEELS Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
texans-vs-bears.jpg

Chicago Bears (1-1-0) vs Houston Texans (0-1-1)
Sunday, September 25th @ Noon (CST)
Solider Field
CBS 2
WBBM 780
Houston Texans lead series 4-1-0

meeting-introducing.gif
index.php
injreportwk3A.pnginjreportwk3B.png
Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 12.33.40 PM.png

JAYLON JOHNSON vs. LITERALLY ANYONE

Nobody on the Bears has had a better start to their season than cornerback Jaylon Johnson. It is only two games, but on 63 coverage snaps, Johnson has only allowed one single catch while also forcing a turnover to begin his season in a way that made Bear Nation remember the man that wore 33 a decade ago. Brandin Cook is the Texans most talented receiver, but does enough work in the slot to get away from Johnson on a lot of snaps. So it will be interesting to see if the Texans can get anyone going on the talented cornerback's side of the field or does Johnson keep his stellar 2022 resume just as clean as he walked into this game with

ANGELO BLACKSON/JUSTIN JONES vs. SCOTT QUESSENBERRY

Chicago has some talent on the outside of it's DL, but is really lacking any push in the middle this defense needs to get after a quarterback. That could change this week as starting Texans center Justin Britt is out with an injury. That puts Quessenberry in as the replacement. He’s a veteran but has a poor track record in pass protection. Add in a young and inexperienced QB that lacks mobility and it's a recipe for success in the middle of the Texans OL.

LUKE GETSY vs. LOVIE SMITH

After a very promising opening drive that resulted in the only lead the Bears had against the Packers in their prime time matchup, it seemed like six steps backwards for Chicago's rookie playcaller. While the Bears showed life running the ball, Getsy failed to get his young quarterback in any kind of rhythm and the passing game quickly became nonexistent. It is going to be tempting to follow the same run heavy approach against a Texan defense ranked 30th rushing defense, but Luke Getsy has to find away to get Justin Fields some easy completions and he has to find away to involve assumed playmakers Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet. Not only is this offense back on it's home field, but it will host a familiar coach on the opposite sideline. Lovie Smith runs an defense very similar to what Eberflus is trying to do, so it's a defense Getsy has practiced against often and has many soft zone coverage spots to exploit in getting his bottom of the league passing game out of the gutter.

schol-no.gif

football-kickoff.gif

PASSING
Justin Fields

4362887.png

ATT
COMP​
YDS​
CP%​
YPA​
TD​
INT​
LONG​
SACK​
RATE​
28​
15​
191​
53.6​
6.8​
2​
2​
51​
5​
69.2​

RECEIVING
Equanimeous St Brown

3932442.png

RECEPTIONS​
YARDS​
YDS PER REC​
LONG​
TD​
3​
57​
19.0​
30​
1​

RUSHING
David Montgomery

4035538.png

ATTEMPTS​
YARDS​
YDS PER ATT​
LONG​
TD​
32​
148​
4.6​
28​
0​

index.php

9xZo.gif

TACKLES
Roquan Smith
3915189.png

COMBINED​
SOLO​
ASST​
TFL​
QB HITS​
20​
12​
8​
0​
1​

INTERCEPTIONS
Eddie Jackson

3054847.png
INTS​
YARDS​
TDS​
LONG​
PASS DEFLECT​
1​
26​
0​
26​
1​

SACKS
Trevis Gipson

3917016.png

PLAYER
SACKS
Trevis Gipson​
2.0​
Dominique Robinson​
1.5​
Robert Quinn​
1.0​
Roquan Smith​
0.5​
TOTAL TEAM SACKS

power-rankings-head-png.7070

PFT​
28​
NFL​
30​
USA Today​
29​
ESPN​
28​
CBS​
28​

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
View attachment 22716

Chicago Bears (1-1-0) vs Houston Texans (0-1-1)
Sunday, September 25th @ Noon (CST)
Solider Field
CBS 2
WBBM 780
Houston Texans lead series 4-1-0

View attachment 22785
index.php
View attachment 22793View attachment 22794
View attachment 22706

JAYLON JOHNSON vs. LITERALLY ANYONE

Nobody on the Bears has had a better start to their season than cornerback Jaylon Johnson. It is only two games, but on 63 coverage snaps, Johnson has only allowed one single catch while also forcing a turnover to begin his season in a way that made Bear Nation remember the man that wore 33 a decade ago. Brandin Cook is the Texans most talented receiver, but does enough work in the slot to get away from Johnson on a lot of snaps. So it will be interesting to see if the Texans can get anyone going on the talented cornerback's side of the field or does Johnson keep his stellar 2022 resume just as clean as he walked into this game with

ANGELO BLACKSON/JUSTIN JONES vs. SCOTT QUESSENBERRY

Chicago has some talent on the outside of it's DL, but is really lacking any push in the middle this defense needs to get after a quarterback. That could change this week as starting Texans center Justin Britt is out with an injury. That puts Quessenberry in as the replacement. He’s a veteran but has a poor track record in pass protection. Add in a young and inexperienced QB that lacks mobility and it's a recipe for success in the middle of the Texans OL.

LUKE GETSY vs. LOVIE SMITH

After a very promising opening drive that resulted in the only lead the Bears had against the Packers in their prime time matchup, it seemed like six steps backwards for Chicago's rookie playcaller. While the Bears showed life running the ball, Getsy failed to get his young quarterback in any kind of rhythm and the passing game quickly became nonexistent. It is going to be tempting to follow the same run heavy approach against a Texan defense ranked 30th rushing defense, but Luke Getsy has to find away to get Justin Fields some easy completions and he has to find away to involve assumed playmakers Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet. Not only is this offense back on it's home field, but it will host a familiar coach on the opposite sideline. Lovie Smith runs an defense very similar to what Eberflus is trying to do, so it's a defense Getsy has practiced against often and has many soft zone coverage spots to exploit in getting his bottom of the league passing game out of the gutter.

View attachment 22707

View attachment 22708

PASSING
Justin Fields

View attachment 22709

ATT
COMP​
YDS​
CP%​
YPA​
TD​
INT​
LONG​
SACK​
RATE​
28​
15​
191​
53.6​
6.8​
2​
2​
51​
5​
69.2​

RECEIVING
Equanimeous St Brown

View attachment 22710

RECEPTIONS​
YARDS​
YDS PER REC​
LONG​
TD​
3​
57​
19.0​
30​
1​

RUSHING
David Montgomery

View attachment 22711

ATTEMPTS​
YARDS​
YDS PER ATT​
LONG​
TD​
32​
148​
4.6​
28​
0​
COMBINED​
SOLO​
ASST​
TFL​
QB HITS​
20​
12​
8​
0​
1​

INTERCEPTIONS
Eddie Jackson

View attachment 22713
INTS​
YARDS​
TDS​
LONG​
PASS DEFLECT​
1​
26​
0​
26​
1​

SACKS
Trevis Gipson

View attachment 22714

PLAYER
SACKS
Trevis Gipson​
2.0​
Dominique Robinson​
1.5​
Robert Quinn​
1.0​
Roquan Smith​
0.5​
TOTAL TEAM SACKS

power-rankings-head-png.7070

PFT​
28​
NFL​
30​
USA Today​
29​
ESPN​
28​
CBS​
28​

forget the brisket.. its gonna be about that chicken fried steak n white sauce

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This game is going to be a chore to watch if you are in to offense, a treat if you are in to defense.

Chicagos struggles are well documented. The Texans offense is trash.
Lovie is great at making opposing offenses look dysfunctional.

Getsy will pull his head out of his ass and stick with what works, running and setting up the play action.

Lovie lives and dies on the field position game, and the wildcard is monty breaking a run or 3 to negate field position gains for lovie.

Bears win 20-17.

It will be the mirror image of all the old lovie games when Chicago struggled on offense.
A slowly improving field position for the Texans drive by drive, a slowly worsening field position for the bears.
The Texans will repeatedly fail to capitalize on it, and eventually someone will miss a gap on their defense and let monty or fields break a long run and undo 3 drives worth of work.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fields has taken 5 sacks but that number should really only be about 2-3 if his awareness was what it should be. That might be the area he needs to improve the most in because sacks are driver killers….and when you take unnecessary ones, you’re bailing out the defense

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields has taken 5 sacks but that number should really only be about 2-3 if his awareness was what it should be. That might be the area he needs to improve the most in because sacks are driver killers….and when you take unnecessary ones, you’re bailing out the defense

Agree, especially against lovies defense.
Not sold on any aspect of the Texans offense, but if they play the field position game and get on the bears side of the field 5 or 6 times, they could luck in to a touchdown or 2.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If I had a connection from Amsterdam, tomorrow would be the day to take full advantage.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Two bad QBs. Two bad run defenses. Its Monty vs Pierce all day. I will have Bills @ Dolphins close by to keep myself from developing Baers Brane.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
If I had a connection from Amsterdam, tomorrow would be the day to take full advantage.

you have access to 'wet' fresh shrooms and flesh windows.. yet youre still talking n thinking bears.... i'd deport you

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
you have access to 'wet' fresh shrooms and flesh windows.. yet youre still talking n thinking bears.... i'd deport you
I am in Germany and none of it is legal, though it is decriminalized.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Bears in the 3rd QTR. with The Million Dollar Dream.

One of the rookies will have a sack.

We'll rush for over 100 yards.

No Sleep Till Brooklyn.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Just looked at Mills’ numbers last year and he was actually pretty solid. He played much better than Fields as a rookie.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The last two games, it was necessary to protect Fields from taking a beating from two incredibly talented pass rush units. This week I'd expect to see them open up the game plan. That being said, our running game can win this for us - we have more talent in our backfield than they have on their entire defense.

On offense, we need to have them gassed. Let Fields and Herbert turn as many plays as they can into footraces, and let Monty carve up the tires defenders. Let's see 20+ completions from Fields, with a focus on rhythm passes in the first half.

On defense, we can expect Lovie to play Lovie-ball. Our defense is built right now to go after that. The plan has to be to swarm to the ball carrier and force them to make a play on third down, because this game has the potential to look like a 2005 classic.

My predicted OFF. Player of the Game: Fields.

My predicted DEF. Player of the Game: E. Jackson.

Final score: Bears 26 Texans 17

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The last two games, it was necessary to protect Fields from taking a beating from two incredibly talented pass rush units. This week I'd expect to see them open up the game plan. That being said, our running game can win this for us - we have more talent in our backfield than they have on their entire defense.

On offense, we need to have them gassed. Let Fields and Herbert turn as many plays as they can into footraces, and let Monty carve up the tires defenders. Let's see 20+ completions from Fields, with a focus on rhythm passes in the first half.

On defense, we can expect Lovie to play Lovie-ball. Our defense is built right now to go after that. The plan has to be to swarm to the ball carrier and force them to make a play on third down, because this game has the potential to look like a 2005 classic.

My predicted OFF. Player of the Game: Fields.

My predicted DEF. Player of the Game: E. Jackson.

Final score: Bears 26 Texans 17

I will be pleasantly surprised if the total score is over 40 like your prediction is accurate.

I will also be pleasantly surprised if your offensive player of the game is accurate.
For that to happen against a lovie defense, he would jave to exploit the short and medium passes for a high percentage without getting trapped by the zone coverage.

That means good decisions and patience while seeing the short open windows between zones.

Hopefully getsy disregards the meatballs whining about too few pass attempts and goes full on old school run until they draw everyone in for run support and get a wr alone deep.

I saw that play out a thousand times when lovie was here, and I don't think the Texans roster is near as disciplined as the old bear rosters were.
I can see them getting frustrated and abandoning their gaps to make a play if they are getting gashed with the run.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I suppose I will watch the game at home. I can’t bring myself to ask someone at a sports bar to turn this game on.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Very upsetting to read that the Bears are 1-4 against this franchise. That's unacceptable.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took the sHITS principle. Bounce back game for JF1.

Bears 31
Texans 16