***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears vs Texans (Honeymoon is OVER: Got no LOVIE dovie FEELS Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How was his supporting cast on offense?
1st round RB, 2nd round OT, 1st round OT, 3rd & 2nd round ROOKIE WRs.

I don't understand why anyone is surprised that the Bears always manage to not find a QB. It's almost as if it's a team game.

He still couldn't make basic throws that every NFL QB should be able to do with ease. Honestly it wouldn't make much of a distance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sometimes they can't turn it around but at least they had elite traits, Fields doesn't have elite traits or none that he's shown.
I think that he has great speed and reactions. He also doesn't have any receivers that know how to get open. Did you happen to notice where his receivers were on that play where he ran for almost 30 yards. Not too many qbs in Bear's history had his speed and ability to break arm tackles.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He still couldn't make basic throws that every NFL QB should be able to do with ease. Honestly it wouldn't make much of a distance.

The difference would be we'd know where the blame lays.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that he has great speed and reactions. He also doesn't have any receivers that know how to get open. Did you happen to notice where his receivers were on that play where he ran for almost 30 yards. Not too many qbs in Bear's history had his speed and ability to break arm tackles.

Yeah but he's not a WR or a RB, if you can't throw you won't make it as a QB.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yes with Justin Fields.

And then we would be prepared to cut him after 2 years and evaluate his replacement.
Instead we will bring in another rookie QB to not teach how to play in the NFL because we won't get talent on offense or keep it when we rarely do.

I saw Fields' tunnel vision his first preseason. I'm more than willing to say that's a problem he can't overcome.
I just want it fixed before I'm dead and that is very quickly becoming less and less likely. If I'm not dead by 3 more rebuilds I'll probably be in a nursing home wishing I was.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would trade his elite running traits for a semblance of solid quarterback play. Ability to read the field. Anything.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And then we would be prepared to cut him after 2 years and evaluate his replacement.
Instead we will bring in another rookie QB to not teach how to play in the NFL because we won't get talent on offense or keep it when we rarely do.

I saw Fields' tunnel vision his first preseason. I'm more than willing to say that's a problem he can't overcome.
I just want it fixed before I'm dead and that is very quickly becoming less and less likely. If I'm not dead by 3 more rebuilds I'll probably be in a nursing home wishing I was.

Countless videos show players getting wide open but Fields just isn't seeing it. This is something you have it or you don't.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If JF swallows his pride he could be a solid WR like Terrell Pryor who made the switch to QB to WR.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Countless videos show players getting wide open but Fields just isn't seeing it. This is something you have it or you don't.

What's funny about that one, and the other interception is they are exactly the throw people were whining about him not making last week.
People often claim open when there's a guy ready to pounce but because he's not in the receiver's pocket they think he's open.

What order were his reads on that play?
You do realize you don't make all the reads and then go back through the list to pick the best one, right?

Yes to us at home it looks obvious he should've thrown to the WR breaking free. But we don't have the coaches in our ears telling us what the QB is supposed to do.
If he got to that WR first before he was free and moved on that's why he didn't throw it there. If he got to the TE before the WR because that was the order of the reads and he thought the TE was open that's where he is supposed to throw the ball.

Stop believing reporters who's goal is to stir up shit.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Yep. Baby Steps with this team. Smith really played a great game and came up with a clutch play to lead them. I also thought that Gordon didn't let teh mistakes he made in the game get him down and he came up big also. This team is not a good team but they are learning I think and thus far, Fields has been protected pretty well from getting killed. I'll take 2-1 and a team that is learning what the NFL is all about. 7-9 to 9-7 I think is achievable. Then get a full draft and a large amount of cap room. Green Bay is going in decline and will be hurting a lot next year. Minn. is not a top team. Detroit will be the Bear's competition down the road I feel but the Bears will be a play-off team starting next season and better than that in two years.
Its going to be tough this year, but I think that the Bear's have a winning future ahead of them.
Could you imagine if Fields turns into a good QB. Even Derek Carr type. With the running game already there, better lineman to add next year, better defensive players to add next year via draft or FA, we could compete. I won’t say win because the other team plays hard too. But if we can compete with the top teams, that would be great.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't take a genius to see where the blame lies

But I guess it does take a genius to not only blame the QB when you also won't pay for oline and WRs for the last 36 years!
Other teams manage to have good QBs and mediocre QBs with their draft picks while trying to have an offense to help. But the Bears just have bad luck picking QBs, or trading for QBs that looked good elsewhere, or hiring vet QBs that did good elsewhere. Yep just bad luck.

Speed

Liked Posts:

Not making excuses, and we prolly should look into drafting another QB, but I feel like this is one of those where it looks easier than it is. He reads an open man, it was just a horrible throw. Obviously you want him to look towards the even more open guy, but again easier said than to work outside of a concept when your eyes are trained to do a certain thing. Do we really wanting him to work sort of outside of the structure? Let's get to point A first. He isn't even walking yet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The biggest issue with this team BY FAR is the QB but people still want to talk about the OL and WRs who have actually looked worse because of the QB. They’re going to finish top 5 in rushing and WRs are running open consistently. The problem is Fields. He fucking sucks. He may improve but he fucking sucks presently

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, we're 2-1 and people are still crying? It wasn't a pretty game, but this is a process. I just hope Fields gets better. He has to make better, faster reads. I'm chalking it up to a lack of experience and elite talent at WR. I had them 1-2 at this point though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If JF swallows his pride he could be a solid WR like Terrell Pryor who made the switch to QB to WR.
You base this on…..skin color?

It clearly isn’t route running or hands because you have no way of evaluating those.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The biggest issue with this team BY FAR is the QB but people still want to talk about the OL and WRs who have actually looked worse because of the QB. They’re going to finish top 5 in rushing and WRs are running open consistently. The problem is Fields. He fucking sucks. He may improve but he fucking sucks presently
The Wrs who rarely get open look worse?

The TE who has dropped several balls he should have caught looks worse because of the QB ? Or is it vice versa?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Wrs who rarely get open look worse?

The TE who has dropped several balls he should have caught looks worse because of the QB ? Or is it vice versa?
Rarely get open? Or does Fields just not see them? They’ve been open plenty of times

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sometimes they can't turn it around but at least they had elite traits, Fields doesn't have elite traits or none that he's shown.
Does he break tackles and is able to make long gains with his mobility and speed? those are elite traits.