***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Giants at Bears (Home opener)

Who wins?

• Da Bears

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • GMen

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Deep Dish Pizza

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • NY Style Pizza

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
bie7rs80sdtp5mjjqwsw.jpg

New York Giants (0-1) AT Chicago Bears (1-0)
Sunday, Sept. 20 12:00 p.m.
Soldier Field
CBS
WBBM 780
index.php

Screenshot_2020-09-19 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears.pngScreenshot_2019-09-12 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears(2).png

MITCH TRUBISKY vs THE FIRST HALF
Fourth-Quarter Mitchell delivered again for the Bears in Week 1, throwing for three touchdowns in that final quarter to give them a win. But why can't our dear sweet Mitchell do it all game? Let's see if Trubisky can put it together for a full game on Sunday and deliver a win (and some hope) for Da Bears. Otherwise the fans will be turning to Nick Foles again.

BEARS PASS RUSH vs GIANTS OL

Will the Bears be able to generate a pass rush in this one? They finished the Week 1 win with just one sack and that came from Akiem Hicks late in the game. The Bears were winning their matchups up front but the combination of not getting there and Matthew Stafford getting the ball out quick led to just the one sack. The Bears should get Robert Quinn back which will help.

ALLEN ROBINSON vs JAMES BRADBERRY

With all the drama surrounding AROB & the Bears this week, the only thing everyone can agree on is that Robinson is the heart of Chicago's passing attack. One thing that makes him such an valuable player is his ability to line up anywhere on the field, which is exactly what Matt Nagy does. In Week One Robinson lined up left 42% of the time, right 25% of the time and in the slot 31% of the time. The latter is exactly how JuJu Smith was able to exploit Bradberry for two scores late in the Steelers comeback win. Hopefully Coach Nagy saw it as well and help Robinson make his next contract even larger.

The Bears finished Week 1 with the most Expected Rushing Yards per Attempt at 5.6 in the entire NFL according to Next Gen Stats. With the Bears struggling in the run game a year ago, they are off to a great start here in 2020.

2020-ts.png Stats for the Chicago Bears and New York Giants as they enter Week 2.
BearsGiants
Total First Downs2620
1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)7 - 15 - 42 - 16 - 2
3rd Down Conversions2/118/15
4th Down Conversions1/21/1
Total Offensive Yds363291
Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)65- 5.664 - 4.5
Total Rushing Yds14929
Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)28 - 5.320 - 1.4
Total Passing Yds242279
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)20 - 36 - 10- 5.926 -41- 2 - 6.3
Sacks1
Field Goals2/22/3
Touchdowns32
(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)0 - 3 - 0 - 00- 2- 0 - 0
Time of possession29:0528:16
Turnover Ratio

PASSING
"Just a Kid from Ohio"

i

ATTCOMPYDSCP %YDS/ATTTDINTLONGSACKRATE

RECEIVING
Allen Robinson

i

RECEPTIONSYARDSYDS PER RECLONGTD

RUSHING
David Montgomery

i

ATTEMPTSYARDSYDS PER ATTLONGTD

index.php

TACKLES
Roquan Smith
i

COMBINEDSOLOASSTTFLQB HITS

INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Fuller

i

INTSYARDSTDSLONGPASS DEFLECT

SACKS
Akiem Hicks

i

PLAYERSACKS
Akiem Hicks1
Khalil Mack0
Robert Quinn0
Roquan Smith0
Danny Trevathan0
Roy Robertson-Harris0
Bilal Nichols0
TOTAL TEAM SACKS1

power-rankings-head.png

POWER RANKING LINKS

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky: 19-33, 217 yards, 2TDs, 0INT, 3 rushes, 25 yards.
Allen Robinson: 6 receptions, 80 yards, 1TD.
David Montgomery: 15 carries, 68 yards.

Bears 24
Giants 20

I've got another close one going down in week 2. I think the Bears will replicate their running success in week 1 (benny Snell jr. Had 113 yards on just short of 6YPC against the Giants on mnf), and in turn that'll result in Mitch having another successful week.

I think the defense will be a bit better this time, but Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley are both capable of making explosive plays, and I think they will (along with some mistakes from Daniel Jones).

I'm really hoping though that the defense will get the pass rush boost from Quinn, and in turn that'll lead to the bears Defense returning to its same old reliable self. We'll see what happens, excited, as always.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm putting the over/under on Mitch Trubisky missed throws (where he has time, makes a good read, receiver is open, but he just flat out misses him) at 3.5

what you got; over or under?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m not feeling good about this game. After watching both of these teams in week 1, if they both play the same, Giants win.

The Giants are going to make it a point to get Barkley going early.

Miracle Mitch CAN NOT come out cold again. Quinn has to play. Dline has to stop Barkley and TREV has to stay on Barkley in the pass.

If they can do all of this then it’s a win.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thin crust pizza is delicious but I don't like NY style pizza. I don't like having to fold my pizza and let the oil drip down before I eat it. Give me a Monical's thin over NY thin.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
NY style pizza easy hands down! giants win 27 - 20 Barkley goes bat shit crazy on our D, and Mitch turns back into a pumpkin.
F**K ME!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I’m not feeling good about this game. After watching both of these teams in week 1, if they both play the same, Giants win.

The Giants are going to make it a point to get Barkley going early.

Miracle Mitch CAN NOT come out cold again. Quinn has to play. Dline has to stop Barkley and TREV has to stay on Barkley in the pass.

If they can do all of this then it’s a win.

Don't fret, this one is in the bag. Mitch has a career day vs zone and proves his naysayers wrong he can play a good game vs an opponent that is not the Lions

Bears 15
Giants 10

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Don't fret, this one is in the bag. Mitch has a career day vs zone and proves his naysayers wrong he can play a good game vs an opponent that is not the Lions

Bears 15
Giants 10

Oh Micale Mitch against the zone...oy vay!

15–10 keeps them naysayers around for another week.

maybe a defensive TD?? Feels like forever since that happened.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
why do people hate on different kinds of pizza....

can't people appreciate the different varieties for what they are.

I love deep dish but doesn't mean I want to eat deep dish all the time...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck New York Pizza. Chicago-Style is da bomb. Leonardo Da Vinci himself would be throwing down on Chicago pizza; in fact I think there are even renderings of Chicago Style Pizza in his some of his long-lost works.

I think both the Chicago defense as well as Giants defensive backs have good games today. Bears win by 6.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This game should speak volumes.
Rust is off.
Cobwebs broomed out
No excuses.
Do they suck or are they contenders?
Bears always seem to play up or down to whoever they are playing.