***OFFICIAL*** Jordan Howard vs David Montgomery official stat tracker thread

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will use this thread to see how the 2 statistically match up against each other throughout the season.

Since Monty has the handicap of playing on the same team as Kyle Long, we will adjust his total rushing yards by +10 for each game. At least until Long gets injured in ~4 weeks. I think that's fair.

Edit:
Stats thru 4 weeks - 30 yards added to DMonts statline due to 3 weeks of Kyle Long handicap
JHow: 40 rushes, 186 yds (4.7 ypc), 3 TDs. 6 catches 47yds 1 TD.
DMont: 58 rushes, 230 adjusted yds (3.9 adjusted ypc), 1 TD. 8 catches, 67 yds, 0 TD.

Looks like even after the adjusted Kyle Long handicap, it's still J How > D Mont

Discuss

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
J Howitzer

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will use this thread to see how the 2 statistically match up against each other throughout the season.

Since Monty has the handicap of playing on the same team as Kyle Long, we will adjust his total rushing yards by +10 for each game. At least until Long gets injured in ~4 weeks. I think that's fair.

So, week 1:
J How - 6 carries 44 yards 7.3 ypc, 2 rec 11 yards
D Mont (adjusted) - 6 carries 28 yards 4.6 ypc, 1 rec 27 yards

Looks like even after the adjusted Kyle Long handicap, it's still J How > D Mont

Discuss

Thanks buddy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lame. Montgomery vs Miles Sanders would be a more interesting comp.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine comparing Howard & Montgomery, one on a team with one of the best OL's and a good QB and another team that starts Kyle Long & Trubisky and coming away with a logical conclusion....lulz

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine comparing Howard & Montgomery, one on a team with one of the best OL's and a good QB and another team that starts Kyle Long & Trubisky and coming away with a logical conclusion....lulz
I gave a Long handicap, idk what else you want me to do.

Should i take your stance as an absolute and assume you'll never compare 2 RB's on different teams?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I gave a Long handicap, idk what else you want me to do.

Should i take your stance as an absolute and assume you'll never compare 2 RB's on different teams?

You're making a comparison of zero relevance, basically comparing pears to mandarins.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, not allowed to compare 2 RB's on different teams, unless it fits a CCS narrative.

Got it.

The question should be: What would have Howard's stats been last Thursday night with those same carries? Considering he cant break tackles at the LOS anymore, it would have been 6 car for 8yds. Looking at his run blocking vs Montgomery's run blocking is an exercise in futility...but yes, keep meatballing about J Howard. I guess we also shouldn't take into account DM's receiving yards, because thats a stat doesnt fit your narrative.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The question should be: What would have Howard's stats been last Thursday night with those same carries? Considering he cant break tackles at the LOS anymore, it would have been 6 car for 8yds. Looking at his run blocking vs Montgomery's run blocking is an exercise in futility...but yes, keep meatballing about J Howard. I guess we also shouldn't take into account DM's receiving yards, because thats a stat doesnt fit your narrative.
I literally gave Monty 10 free yards. This whinging you're doing isn't helping Monty be a better football player at all. I love the guy and want him to be great, but so far the stats suggest otherwise. Even the Long adjusted stats say otherwise. Sorry, I guess.