***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
never said that St Brown was also not at fault.. But its the QBs job to know when and where to throw the ball and sometimes he is going to have to do it with sub par talent, injury's happen, bad drafts happen.. guys leaving in FA happen. If the only way that fields can be good is having pro bowl talent around him then he is not the answer. Throw to one of the other 3 guys and you win the game..

You literally made several NVP / pro bowl alternate Mitch Trubisky apologist threads because of the lack of talent he had on a roster that's objectively much better than the current squad. Why Does your thought process change for Fields specifically?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I miss the days of last week when @dbldrew wanted Fields to throw into "tight windows" & not take the easy passes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was worried it was going to be too complicated for you so try this..

Take Fields nuts off your forehead and walk over to the mirror and tell yourself thats its ok that Fields made a mistake, it doesnt mean you cant still masturbate to him in your dreams, it just means that he made a mistake in a year that he is learning. Making mistakes is how you learn and get better, its ok and you can still love him and fantasize about him.

Was that one easier for you?
I read this short bit of nonsense and I'll take Fields' and his head coach's take on that play before a guy that has been proven an idiot as often as you have. The only thing you learn there is to take ESB off the field and why he's been a bench warmer for years, released by a team that needs WRs and a 1 yr at close to the vet minimum FA signing (under $1m). There's a reason ESB didn't shower and skipped out of the locker room before reporters could talk to him.

You never let facts get in your way so I expect you to continue to use some other excuse or angle to try and defend a poor position. The situation has been explained to you enough times now that there's no point in reiterating the details of the play. As for Fields, I really wanted him in last year's draft but I've been critical of his play for most of the year. One of those things was taking an easy 1st read. When I watched that play in real time, I called it 60%+ on ESB. Watching it on replay, that it got picked, is 100% ESB or the coaches allowing ESB to run that in the play call. I've never seen that route run so poorly without a WR losing his footing .

Thanks for the insults, they carry no weight coming from a brain dead, ignorant, POS like you. I'd tell you to blow me but you'd likely literally blow and than blame me for not completing the play.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I skipped nine pages and read that and it already gave me a headache.
Those long winded reiterations that he and R&S do are a waste of space. I glanced at that, rolled my eyes and posted that response. I now read it to respond here. It's so easy. 1st read is in position on a bang-bang play. You take it. If you check your outlets, you don't have time to come back to the called play. Getsy expected off coverage, called the play for it and Fields/ESB got what was expected. Route was a disaster and caused the result.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I read this short bit of nonsense and I'll take Fields' and his head coach's take on that play before a guy that has been proven an idiot as often as you have. The only thing you learn there is to take ESB off the field and why he's been a bench warmer for years, released by a team that needs WRs and a 1 yr at close to the vet minimum FA signing (under $1m). There's a reason ESB didn't shower and skipped out of the locker room before reporters could talk to him.

You never let facts get in your way so I expect you to continue to use some other excuse or angle to try and defend a poor position. The situation has been explained to you enough times now that there's no point in reiterating the details of the play. As for Fields, I really wanted him in last year's draft but I've been critical of his play for most of the year. One of those things was taking an easy 1st read. When I watched that play in real time, I called it 60%+ on ESB. Watching it on replay, that it got picked, is 100% ESB or the coaches allowing ESB to run that in the play call. I've never seen that route run so poorly without a WR losing his footing .

Thanks for the insults, they carry no weight coming from a brain dead, ignorant, POS like you. I'd tell you to blow me but you'd likely literally blow and than blame me for not completing the play.
The only "facts" that you have presented was bringing up what the HC said.. and the HC said "it was a bad throw" and also ripped into the WR.

That's literally the same thing I have been saying, the WR was bad.. and also JF should not of thrown that ball.

So thanks for making my point..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He called it a trust throw and that he didn't mind the throw, just the outcome and said he needed to look at it again. Called it bad because it was a fail. Fields clearly blamed ESB.

St. Brown: “They squat on curl routes, and [Alexander]’s a good player,” “He made a great play on the curl route that I ran. And yeah, I’ve got to try to get out sooner.”

Fields: “EQ was underneath him, but at that point, once you throw that ball, you anticipate the throw, and boom, he jumped it,” “Really at that point, you'd like to see the receiver come back to the ball. We always just try to tell the receiver that those DBs are going to want that pick each and every time, so they are going to attack that ball.”

Fields hasn't thrown anyone under the bus all year with LOTS of opportunities. There's a reason he did this time.

Alexander: "He's a scrub" "I knew it was coming. One thing about the receiver that I got the pick on, you're going to know when he's about to breaking down his route. "

Fields threw it on the other side of the coverage and EQ's route was so bad that Alexander crossed in front of St Brown when he was originally behind and outside of him. Brown didn't even try to shield that throw and it's part of that route. He rounded inside and opened a lane for Alexander. It's the type of ball that gets picked every time the WR falls... unless you're ESB.

It didn't have to be a completion but it should never be a pick with an NFL WR in that position. I didn't like the 2nd pick regardless of how quickly we needed to score but the 1st one should never have been that.

Throw whatever insults you like. I'm done.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He called it a trust throw and that he didn't mind the throw, just the outcome and said he needed to look at it again. Called it bad because it was a fail. Fields clearly blamed ESB.

St. Brown: “They squat on curl routes, and [Alexander]’s a good player,” “He made a great play on the curl route that I ran. And yeah, I’ve got to try to get out sooner.”

Fields: “EQ was underneath him, but at that point, once you throw that ball, you anticipate the throw, and boom, he jumped it,” “Really at that point, you'd like to see the receiver come back to the ball. We always just try to tell the receiver that those DBs are going to want that pick each and every time, so they are going to attack that ball.”

Fields hasn't thrown anyone under the bus all year with LOTS of opportunities. There's a reason he did this time.

Alexander: "He's a scrub" "I knew it was coming. One thing about the receiver that I got the pick on, you're going to know when he's about to breaking down his route. "

Fields threw it on the other side of the coverage and EQ's route was so bad that Alexander crossed in front of St Brown when he was originally behind and outside of him. Brown didn't even try to shield that throw and it's part of that route. He rounded inside and opened a lane for Alexander. It's the type of ball that gets picked every time the WR falls... unless you're ESB.

It didn't have to be a completion but it should never be a pick with an NFL WR in that position. I didn't like the 2nd pick regardless of how quickly we needed to score but the 1st one should never have been that.

Throw whatever insults you like. I'm done.
Of course he doesn't mind the throw, I said the same thing. That's how he will learn, he needs to make throws like that so he can figure out when and where he can do that. Making mistakes is fine, it's how he will develop.

But to pretend it's not a bad throw is silly. Some people on here seem to think that Fields can do no wrong, and it's everybody else's fault but Fields. Like he is some finished product and perfect..

The throw was a mistake the HC said as much even said this about the play..
"I thought the corner made a nice play. He jumped it, but hopefully, our receiver can help out and knock that down, if possible."

Part of your WR job is to bail out your QB when he makes a mistake, the fact the HC said the "throw was bad" and the WR didn't bail him out shows that the throw was a mistake.. obviously it was a mistake because that cost us the game vs 3 wide open guys that win the game.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
@Bearly @msadows @ThatGuyRyan @Les Grossman @Wild_x_Card

Matt Bowen on the INT.. yep just like i was saying..

Starts at 12:14 talking about fiields 12:15 for the int..

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Of course he doesn't mind the throw, I said the same thing. That's how he will learn, he needs to make throws like that so he can figure out when and where he can do that. Making mistakes is fine, it's how he will develop.

But to pretend it's not a bad throw is silly. Some people on here seem to think that Fields can do no wrong, and it's everybody else's fault but Fields. Like he is some finished product and perfect..

The throw was a mistake the HC said as much even said this about the play..
"I thought the corner made a nice play. He jumped it, but hopefully, our receiver can help out and knock that down, if possible."

Part of your WR job is to bail out your QB when he makes a mistake, the fact the HC said the "throw was bad" and the WR didn't bail him out shows that the throw was a mistake.. obviously it was a mistake because that cost us the game vs 3 wide open guys that win the game.

You can't seem to let this go for some reason. It was a terrible route. I have absolutely no problem criticizing Justin Fields. If the argument is "Justin Fields shouldn't trust his receivers to win a simple curl route" then, sure. Move on. You're not changing anyone's mind.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You can't seem to let this go for some reason. It was a terrible route. I have absolutely no problem criticizing Justin Fields. If the argument is "Justin Fields shouldn't trust his receivers to win a simple curl route" then, sure. Move on. You're not changing anyone's mind.
I likewise never read anything the lad says.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@Bearly @msadows @ThatGuyRyan @Les Grossman @Wild_x_Card

Matt Bowen on the INT.. yep just like i was saying..

Starts at 12:14 talking about fiields 12:15 for the int..
Please say I’m crazy and that he actually provided the right link instead of the score live

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
For those confused by how the route should he run, compare and contrast.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
its a Bears message board and we are debating the QB.. what else are we supposed to do here?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
its a Bears message board and we are debating the QB.. what else are we supposed to do here?

This is not a debate. You are refusing to acknowledge reality. No one thinks Justin Fields is beyond criticism or a perfect player. You're beating a dead horse. I would have no problem blaming Fields for this interception if it was his fault. It was the right read against the right coverage, he threw the ball on time where he was supposed to throw it and his receiver ran a terrible route that resulted in an interception.

The only thing you can say is he shouldn't trust his receiver to run a basic curl route which is a stupid criticism.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is not a debate. You are refusing to acknowledge reality. No one thinks Justin Fields is beyond criticism or a perfect player. You're beating a dead horse. I would have no problem blaming Fields for this interception if it was his fault. It was the right read against the right coverage, he threw the ball on time where he was supposed to throw it and his receiver ran a terrible route that resulted in an interception.

The only thing you can say is he shouldn't trust his receiver to run a basic curl route which is a stupid criticism.
He did that already saying Fields should know EQs weaknesses and should have never thrown the ball lol

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did that already saying Fields should know EQs weaknesses and should have never thrown the ball lol

and he was already told it was a unrealistic and dumb expectation. My guess is during the bye week, more plays for the other WRs and less for ESB when they come back

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DO YOU THROW A 50/50 BALL TO A GUY LIKE COHEN?!??

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

How am I not acknowledging reality? I posted my opinion.. backed it up with data.. posted Matt Bowen saying the same thing that I have.. sorry but thats reality.

And NO him not trusting his WR to run a curl route is not the criticism its just a small part of it. Its when a much better player in alexander is in tight coverage and is watching you, throwing the ball anyway is a bad decision. The QB has to assess everything, and fields did a bad job on that play. Because of both players involved and both players skillsets and the ADVANTAGE the DB had because of his position and where he was facing, plus the down and distance.. plus the 3 other WIDE open game winning options available.. it was dumb for him to go with the option that lost the game.

Bowen agrees

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the best thing I heard from Fields after the game is that he simply felt more comfortable. That comes from seeing things better and it's a good sign for a young QB.