***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the best thing I heard from Fields after the game is that he simply felt more comfortable. That comes from seeing things better and it's a good sign for a young QB.
Fields will be deadly

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No he didn’t. @Bearly did you click the link drew here provided for bowens opinion?
1st off. what a stupid link address as the clip is now a half dozen Bear articles down the page. This is how you link.

Bowen gave Alexander credit and threw zero shade on Fields. He obviously hadn't reviewed it on replay yet. 'Maybe Fields sees it differently next time.' I bet he does and never throws a trust ball to ESB ever again.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
1st off. what a stupid link address as the clip is now a half dozen Bear articles down the page. This is how you link.

Bowen gave Alexander credit and threw zero shade on Fields. He obviously hadn't reviewed it on replay yet. 'Maybe Fields sees it differently next time.' I bet he does and never throws a trust ball to ESB ever again.
My link was to the live show because thats all there was..

Here is a recap of the show. 12:19 is the INT

and for the lazy..

"it was a deep curl or deep sit route as I call it, now you have to look at the personnel in that situation, you're going against Alexander in that situation, you have to understand the personnel plus the personnel you're working with on the offensive side of the ball, in that situation St Brown did not generate a lot of separation, he did not come downhill with enough speed out of his break to attack the football, that allowed Alexander who was sitting on the route, to basically run the route for the WR. From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot..

Now when you go back and look at film with the coaches, thats a situation that you tell your QB, based on game situation, I know its a timing route but based on game situation, based on the personnel you have at WR, and the personnel you have on the defensive side of the ball, thats where you throw the underneath route, take the check down and live to see another play"

Pretty much what I said as well..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My link was to the live show because thats all there was..

Here is a recap of the show. 12:19 is the INT

and for the lazy..

"it was a deep curl or deep sit route as I call it, now you have to look at the personnel in that situation, you're going against Alexander in that situation, you have to understand the personnel plus the personnel you're working with on the offensive side of the ball, in that situation St Brown did not generate a lot of separation, he did not come downhill with enough speed out of his break to attack the football, that allowed Alexander who was sitting on the route, to basically run the route for the WR. From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot..

Now when you go back and look at film with the coaches, thats a situation that you tell your QB, based on game situation, I know its a timing route but based on game situation, based on the personnel you have at WR, and the personnel you have on the defensive side of the ball, thats where you throw the underneath route, take the check down and live to see another play"

Pretty much what I said as well..
It's dumb anyway. How can Fields know about how much seperation or speed ESB has out of the break when he has to throw it before any of that happens. ESB was in position to make the play or at least block the DB with a proper route. They call it a trust throw for a reason. I mean, Fields fucking threw it to the inside when Alexander was outside and Alexander still got there. That should only be a pick if the QB throws it away from the WR, the WR falls down or a safety/LB undercuts the route. Was it a completion if ESB does his job? Maybe, maybe not but it's not a pick.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's dumb anyway. How can Fields know about how much seperation or speed ESB has out of the break when he has to throw it before any of that happens. ESB was in position to make the play or at least block the DB with a proper route. They call it a trust throw for a reason. I mean, Fields fucking threw it to the inside when Alexander was outside and Alexander still got there. That should only be a pick if the QB throws it away from the WR, the WR falls down or a safety/LB undercuts the route. Was a completion if ESB does his job? Maybe, maybe not but it's not a pick.
play started with a big cushion and then it disappeared right away, and Alaxander was in perfect position to make a play before ESB started his break. add in the fact that Alaxander didnt have his back to him means he is going to know when the ball is throw BEFORE ESB does, or even starts his break.

Yes its called a trust throw, but in this situation Fields needs to trust that Alaxander is going to have advantage over ESB because of the skillset of both players, the lack of separation (before the break) and the position of the defender (looking at him) having blind trust is a bad idea. This was a bad decision and one he can learn from, just like Bowen said..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
play started with a big cushion and then it disappeared right away, and Alaxander was in perfect position to make a play before ESB started his break. add in the fact that Alaxander didnt have his back to him means he is going to know when the ball is throw BEFORE ESB does, or even starts his break.

Yes its called a trust throw, but in this situation Fields needs to trust that Alaxander is going to have advantage over ESB because of the skillset of both players, the lack of separation (before the break) and the position of the defender (looking at him) having blind trust is a bad idea. This was a bad decision and one he can learn from, just like Bowen said.
No he wasn't. Perfect position would be inside not outside. He was in the expected position. Off coverage, outside. You really have no concept of what's going on.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this guy is really still trying to argue without acknowledging that ESB is the culprit on that interception and everyone agrees.

but him

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No he wasn't. Perfect position would be inside not outside. He was in the expected position. Off coverage, outside. You really have no concept of what's going on.

this guy is really still trying to argue without acknowledging that ESB is the culprit on that interception and everyone agrees.

but him
yeah I think Matt Bowen knows a little more about football then both of you guys do..

That throw is designed to be thrown before ESB comes out of his break.. SO what did Bowen say? "From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot" if your begging the ball to be thrown you are doing that BEFORE ESB makes his break. Thats the thing you guys are failing to understand, Alaxander was in a great position BEFORE the bad break, He should of NEVER thrown that ball based on what Alaxander was doing, Bowen knows this, Eberflus knows this and now hopefully Fields knows it as well.

And just so everyone is on the same page here, ESB ran a bad route as well. There is blame for both of them.. bad decision by fields (according to the HC, Bowen, and common sense) and ESB did not do a good job either. Its not one or the other, its bad from both of them..

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah I think Matt Bowen knows a little more about football then both of you guys do..

That throw is designed to be thrown before ESB comes out of his break.. SO what did Bowen say? "From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot" if your begging the ball to be thrown you are doing that BEFORE ESB makes his break. Thats the thing you guys are failing to understand, Alaxander was in a great position BEFORE the bad break, He should of NEVER thrown that ball based on what Alaxander was doing, Bowen knows this, Eberflus knows this and now hopefully Fields knows it as well.

And just so everyone is on the same page here, ESB ran a bad route as well. There is blame for both of them.. bad decision by fields (according to the HC, Bowen, and common sense) and ESB did not do a good job either. Its not one or the other, its bad from both of them..

He says nothing about it being Fields fault? Ok then, you just type a bunch of bullshit for nothing

Point is, that ball is thrown before ESB makes a break. Thats why its a trust throw. You expect Fields to know ESB is going to run a bad route and adjust before hand. Impossible.

Now show me where someone blames Fields for the interception more than ESB

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So let me get this this straight

The original link was incorrect

Bowen didn’t blame Fields but credited Alexander

This clown doesn’t understand positioning

And still blames Fields

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He says nothing about it being Fields fault? Ok then, you just type a bunch of bullshit for nothing

Point is, that ball is thrown before ESB makes a break. Thats why its a trust throw. You expect Fields to know ESB is going to run a bad route and adjust before hand. Impossible.

Now show me where someone blames Fields for the interception more than ESB
Yes the ball is thrown BEFORE THE BREAK that was my and Bowens point about NOT THROWING IT.. lets put this here again..

"From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot"

So before anyone knows that ESB is going to make a slow break. THE DB WANTS THE BALL THROWN! How are you not understanding this? If the DB wants the ball thrown and the DB is in such a GREAT SPOT before the break and ball is thrown.. then its a bad idea to throw it..

And yes its a bad decision on fields otherwise if Fields did nothing wrong why would the coaches need to correct anything?

"Now when you go back and look at film with the coaches, thats a situation that you tell your QB, based on game situation, I know its a timing route but based on game situation, based on the personnel you have at WR, and the personnel you have on the defensive side of the ball, thats where you throw the underneath route, take the check down and live to see another play"

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes the ball is thrown BEFORE THE BREAK that was my and Bowens point about NOT THROWING IT.. lets put this here again..

"From a DB perspective you are begging the QB to throw it because you are in such a great spot"

So before anyone knows that ESB is going to make a slow break. THE DB WANTS THE BALL THROWN! How are you not understanding this? If the DB wants the ball thrown and the DB is in such a GREAT SPOT before the break and ball is thrown.. then its a bad idea to throw it..

And yes its a bad decision on fields otherwise if Fields did nothing wrong why would the coaches need to correct anything?

"Now when you go back and look at film with the coaches, thats a situation that you tell your QB, based on game situation, I know its a timing route but based on game situation, based on the personnel you have at WR, and the personnel you have on the defensive side of the ball, thats where you throw the underneath route, take the check down and live to see another play"
YOU THROW AN ANTICIPATION ROUTE BEFORE THE BREAK FOR A REASON. Alexander was being burnt on double moves and broken plays all fucking game so he had a cushion to play off of. Alexander then said that he had seen EQs lazy route route before and that he telegraphs when and what he will do but even then all EQ had to do was try to make a play on the ball and at worst it would have been an incomplete pass but EQ didn’t do anything correct

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
VS Detroit Lions on New Years Day.

Justin Fields: - 7 completions for 75 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, another fumble.

- What other top prospect in recent years , from another team, would you excuse this stat line for late in year two?
- The o-line WAS bad today.
- Justin Fields needs to learn to throw the ball away.

Things I've been noticing recently - and in CCS tradition - if you don't agree with me you're an idiot that doesn't understand football.

1. Justin IS resorting to running, thinking he can do it all himself BEFORE it's the final option.
2. Justin IS falling back on that long wind-up that he tried to correct this past off-season.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m sure this desperately gaping twat noticed that there is already a thread about this

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

- What other top prospect in recent years , from another team, would you excuse this stat line for late in year two?

Things I've been noticing recently - and in CCS tradition - if you don't agree with me you're an idiot that doesn't understand football.

1. Justin IS resorting to running, thinking he can do it all himself BEFORE it's the final option.
2. Justin IS falling back on that long wind-up that he tried to correct this past off-season.
pocket collapsation

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

2. Justin IS falling back on that long wind-up that he tried to drop this past off-season.
Sometimes you take 2 steps forward then 1 step back. Not a good day today, this was almost as bad as the Houston game. I wanted losses but not like this. Jones was appalling awful as well. There is just a complete lack of sufficient talent on this roster. They played a young hungry team that was amped up to respond to last week’s shitshow at Carolina. It happens.