***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Bears line is not good. I’m not trying to champion the Oline. This is a go to excuse people use too much on here though. Watch any NFL game. The lines constantly collapse. All QB’s get a lot of pressure. Even the best lines. Watch their games. The pocket collapses fast. If you are disingenuous or just don’t watch football you can go “look how much pressure Fields has on him every play. He has no chance. ” And somebody who doesn’t watch a lot of football or notice how easy pockets collpase throughout a game could see this and come to the conclusion that Fields has no chance because the line is terrible And he’s getting pressured immediately. But watch any game. Watch the Chiefs. Watch how many times Mahomes has pressure on him immediately. Notice how he also gets rid of the ball super fast when this happens. Watch any game and how fast QB’s have to get rid of the ball. If you don’t know what you’re watching you could deem every O line in the NFL as terrible. Without context it’s really misleading.
All QBs get alot of pressure? What's willfully ignorant about this particular statement is there are actual metrics that NFL teams use that would tell you otherwise. That take is as bad as it gets on CCS which is really Saying something.

Anyone remember the Dolphins bears game.? Tua wasn't even sniffed all day.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
All QBs get alot of pressure? What's willfully ignorant about this particular statement is there are actual metrics that NFL teams use that would tell you otherwise. That take is as bad as it gets on CCS which is really Saying something.

Yeah he’s a fucking idiot.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He also gets a lot of pressure because he’s hasn’t proven he can beat a blitz yet. So teams essentially cheat and expose their secondary because they know he doesn’t handle pressure well. Where somebody like Herbert teams have to pray he doesn’t burn it for a huge play. So they’re going to be hesitant to bring pressure. Where as with Fields, he doesn’t really ever burn it. So it’s worth the risk. Last year teams just blitzed him on almost every third down. Which is rare. Defenses are typically worried about QB’s hitting their hot route for a big gain. And teams are a playing 2 deep and nickel type stuff. They were blitzing the Bears on these downs nonstop though. It was clear teams thought putting pressure on Fields worked. He doesn’t get rid of the ball quick and panics when he gets pressured. He still does. It’s just that now he takes off and runs. It’s working. But it’s not sustainable to be running the amount he does. He has to maintain being a runner because that makes him dynamic. He has to scale it back though if he wants longevity. Instead of 15 runs a game it needs to be more like 10.

Herbert had an excellent Qb tutor/developer in his rookie season ( in Pep Hamilton). JF had nothing for Qb tutoring/development

You make some good points
about blitz recognition. So it's Getsy job to create the proper route design to take advantage of blitzes and pressure. I also don't think JF is allowed to check outta "bad calls", i.e. call all audibles.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

Yes. All QB’s get a lot of pressure. Some teams even manufacture more pressure (blitzing) when they know the other team doesn’t handle it well. Fields doesn’t handle it well so teams blitz him even more. Although in his defense his running has helped negate that. The really good QB’s or veterans who arent trying to get hit get rid of the ball fast though. So you don’t really even notice it. You just move on to the next play when a guy like Andy Dalton gets pressured and completes a 3 yard pass. When that happens to Fields he holds the ball and takes a sack and CCS gets to complain about the line. Where with other guys it plays out completely different. There was no “pressure” in your mind even though there was because the QB threw the ball away or hit his hot route. It doesn’t show up on the box score the next day so essentially it never happened. Where with Fields he takes the sack and you have it in the stats. He maybe even fumbles. And the o. Line gets criticized for sucking and blah blah blah. Where as the Andy Dalton 3 yard completion is just another of 50 something somewhat meaningless plays in a game. Won’t make the highlight reel. Nobody will remember it. The pressure that Dalton got on that play essentially doesn’t exist. The play itself doesn’t really exist. Where as with Fields it often times results in a negative play which then puts the light on his o-line and we get our 5000th thread about how horrible the line is.

I know a lot of people here dont even watch football outside of Bears games. So there is no context to anything. But just watch this Packers Vikings game. Watch how quickly the QB often has pressure on him. Watch how when he scrambles and has to make a play because the line collapsed or gets blitzed and hits his hot route or throws it away you just sort of move on and don’t even memory bank it. But it happens all the time. Watch how often Rodgers gets pressured and has to bail the pocket or throw it away or scramble and make a play. Watch how often Cousins has pressure in him and he gets rid of the ball immediately. Where as a QB like Fields who isn’t quite there yet as far as having that internal clock will get hit and fumble and that opens the door for CCS to lose their shit about the line sucking. And that play then becomes magnified. Where guys who are better at dealing with pressure protect their o line by getting rid of the ball and we all move on to the next play and that pressure he had to deal with goes into the ether never to be remembered again.

Last edited:

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
I've been told by a number of people here that if you aren't completely sold on Fields being a stud, you are unquestionably a racist.

After today's game? What the HELL was that? I'm wondering if people here still hold onto this stupid view. Bunch of little Dan Bernstein's here saying you're racist if you doubt him. Today was NOT good.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yes. All QB’s get a lot of pressure. Some teams even manufacture more pressure (blitzing) when they know the other team doesn’t handle it well. Fields doesn’t handle it well so teams blitz him even more. Although in his defense his running has helped negate that. The really good QB’s or veterans who arent trying to get hit get rid of the ball fast though. So you don’t really even notice it. You just move on to the next play when a guy like Andy Dalton gets pressured and completes a 3 yard pass. When that happens to Fields he holds the ball and takes a sack and CCS gets to complain about the line. Where with other guys it plays out completely different. There was no “pressure” in your mind even though there was because the QB threw the ball away or hit his hot route. It doesn’t show up on the box score the next day so essentially it never happened. Where with Fields he takes the sack and you have it in the stats. He maybe even fumbles. And the o. Line gets criticized for sucking and blah blah blah. Where as the Andy Dalton 3 yard completion is just another of 50 something somewhat meaningless plays in a game. Won’t make the highlight reel. Nobody will remember it. The pressure that Dalton got on that play essentially doesn’t exist. The play itself doesn’t really exist. Where as with Fields it often times results in a negative play which then puts the light on his o-line and we get our 5000th thread about how horrible the line is.
Your first sentence is factually and objectively incorrect. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone read your blatherings beyond that.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
And the most points given up on defense.

But it’s “all on fields”
Thats why I am not judging on wins, I am on passing yards. Fields can scramble, probably better than any QB in history, but he is a terrible passer.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I've been told by a number of people here that if you aren't completely sold on Fields being a stud, you are unquestionably a racist.

After today's game? What the HELL was that? I'm wondering if people here still hold onto this stupid view. Bunch of little Dan Bernstein's here saying you're racist if you doubt him. Today was NOT good.
Sounds racist to me...

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for the hustlers to chime in

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Honestly I just think you're a gosh dang reetard.

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts:
His supporting cast sucks, but he himself also had a bad game against a hungry team who had to key in to stop no one else other than him.

Shit happens. He’s still awesome.