***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
...coming up.
Great.

Just to clarify, I'm more about the spirit of the rules than the letter of the rules at this point. If you're being an attention whoring jagoff, I'm probably banning you for a few days, or closing your thread at a minimum, regardless if you broke a written rule. We all know your game at this point.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I wasn’t sold on fields until about a month ago. He’s legit big game player. Once weapons are here next week it’s going to be even more insane. He is VERY smart.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wasn’t sold on fields until about a month ago. He’s legit big game player. Once weapons are here next week it’s going to be even more insane. He is VERY smart.
We're getting new weapons next week???

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why don't you relinquish your mod duties?

Serious question.

At least get someone who's not a two way street and enforces the VERY RULES they outlined. And btw, someone who doesn't arbitrarily ban posters for NOT breaking rules whenever they feel like it.
You complain too much. Should be worth a ban or two. Long ones.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only criticism I have rn is progressions. This is most likely coming from his coach. So it’s not really a criticism of fields per se., it looks like most of his pass attempts, the ball is pre determined on either the front or backside., and rarely is he “allowed” to do a full field progression.

You’ll see this at times where a player on the opposite side the ball is open, but he never looks that way because he’s being coached to not look full field. I feel like this will be a next level thing we see next year with another offseason.

The reason why I say it’s coaching, in a presser a few weeks ago fields was asked if he’s allowed to change out of plays, and said they’re given checks for run/pass but he’s not experienced with yet to call a completely different play.

Not making excuses. Pure progression slows the game down, I’m almost positive that’s what is happening. Next step would be reading the entire field.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I agree. I fear they decided to let him run more to "hopefully" win some games early in the season, and it may have stunted his growth as a passer. The o-line was not that bad today, yet 2 late INTs and a loss (again) to GB.

Don't get me wrong, the 50 yard run TDs are awesome, but here we are, with a practice squad defense holding Rodgers under 20 points --- and we lose?
yeah I think thats the case as well and a pretty stupid game plan to be honest. I understand that you are always trying to win, but the goal is to win the superbowl and developing a QB is the most important step to doing that. Or finding out sooner rather then later if you think he can develop into a top tier passer.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The only criticism I have rn is progressions. This is most likely coming from his coach. So it’s not really a criticism of fields per se., it looks like most of his pass attempts, the ball is pre determined on either the front or backside., and rarely is he “allowed” to do a full field progression.

You’ll see this at times where a player on the opposite side the ball is open, but he never looks that way because he’s being coached to not look full field. I feel like this will be a next level thing we see next year with another offseason.

The reason why I say it’s coaching, in a presser a few weeks ago fields was asked if he’s allowed to change out of plays, and said they’re given checks for run/pass but he’s not experienced with yet to call a completely different play.

Not making excuses. Pure progression slows the game down, I’m almost positive that’s what is happening. Next step would be reading the entire field.
I agree ?

I think it's right inline with Eberflus saying, "As long as we move the pocket, we're doing good."

It's designed. They are not doing Justin's development any favors. I just hate that here we are heading into year three without a CLEAR indication that he's a good passer. I will NOT want to sign an unproven guy again - Jay Cutler got me once.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree ?

I think it's right inline with Eberflus saying, "As long as we move the pocket, we're doing good."

It's designed. They are not doing Justin's development any favors. I just hate that here we are heading into year three without a CLEAR indication that he's a good passer. I will NOT want to sign an unproven guy again - Jay Cutler got me once.
He has read the entire field though, but yeah agree they’re kinda holding him back but at the same time his receivers are trash., and the OL up until today has been inconsistent

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Taking @Black Rainbow off of ignore momentarily to derail his FTO thread by pointing out that all of the female members of his family are dirty sluts.

Okay, back to ignore. Sucks to suck, beta cuck.
So you're too scared to meet for drinks next time I'm in Des Plains?

Funny, how I went on "fake-ignore" after the invite. ?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

I'm curious what Trent Dilfer will have to say about this tomorrow. To me, this looks like a combination of a bad decision and late throw by Fields and a terrible route by St. Brown. You can see Alexander had eyes on the play the entire time. Why are you throwing this ball at all here?? I'm no QB expert, but deep comeback routes against zone coverage seems like a bad idea.

Even with a better route, the throw looked late. The only possible explanation might have been that Brown was supposed to stop earlier than he did (around the 30) otherwise that play never had a chance.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm curious what Trent Dilfer will have to say about this tomorrow. To me, this looks like a combination of a bad decision and late throw by Fields and a terrible route by St. Brown. You can see Alexander had eyes on the play the entire time. Why are you throwing this ball at all here?? I'm no QB expert, but deep comeback routes against zone coverage seems like a bad idea.

Even with a better route, the throw looked late. The only possible explanation might have been that Brown was supposed to stop earlier than he did (around the 30) otherwise that play never had a chance.
It’s called throwing with anticipation. The receiver failed, shit route went soft out of his break. No idea what he was doing teams run this every week, every game against zone or man. This is not on the qb.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It’s called throwing with anticipation. The receiver failed, shit route went soft out of his break. No idea what he was doing teams run this every week, every game against zone or man. This is not on the qb.
The only way that play works in zone coverage is if you have Jaylen Waddle or Tyreek Hill or the DB is playing with an extremely soft cushion on the receiver. It started off that way on this play, but the route design took him too deep into the DB, which eliminated the cushion, and it gave Alexander an opportunity to close ground quickly.

Even if Brown comes out of his break a little quicker, that ball is getting intercepted or deflected 9/10 times, at that depth. The throw looked late, even with how long it took Brown to turn around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only way that play works in zone coverage is if you have Jaylen Waddle or Tyreek Hill or the DB is playing with an extremely soft cushion on the receiver. It started off that way on this play, but the route design took him too deep into the DB, which eliminated the cushion, and it gave Alexander an opportunity to close ground quickly.

Even if Brown comes out of his break a little quicker, that ball is getting intercepted or deflected 9/10 times, at that depth. The throw looked late, even with how long it took Brown to turn around.
NOPE its called a corner running the wideouts route.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
cant throw that when your looking at the WR and the DB is looking right at you. Could the WR come out faster? maybe, but thats still not a good ball to throw. Thats a perfect learning situation for him. If the Db has his back to you? yep rip it.. but not when he is looking at you.