***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

mecha

Liked Posts:
Taking @Black Rainbow off of ignore momentarily to derail his FTO thread by pointing out that all of the female members of his family are dirty sluts.

Okay, back to ignore. Sucks to suck, beta cuck.
why was this disliked. the truth really does hurt I guess. emotional cunts.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way that play works in zone coverage is if you have Jaylen Waddle or Tyreek Hill or the DB is playing with an extremely soft cushion on the receiver. It started off that way on this play, but the route design took him too deep into the DB, which eliminated the cushion, and it gave Alexander an opportunity to close ground quickly.

Even if Brown comes out of his break a little quicker, that ball is getting intercepted or deflected 9/10 times, at that depth. The throw looked late, even with how long it took Brown to turn around.
You have no idea if it was late or not, it certainly didn’t look out of rhythm. A little quicker? He went soft. It’s a recurring theme with this group of scrubs., they have no awareness. Maybe Equifax ran the route too deep? Head coach said as much without saying it.

Edit and so did the corner

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just hate that here we are heading into year three without a CLEAR indication that he's a good passer.
Funny, he's given me and everyone else plenty of indications he's a good passer. Have you tried actually watching the games? ?‍♂️

His pocket presence has improved, he's processing and going thru his reads much faster, and he's thrown some absolute dimes both from the pocket and on the run often turning dead plays into something positive. He's literally the only reason this team has any chance at all. Without Fields this team gets boat raced every week and goes 0-17.

The disconnect here is that you choose to ignore all the positives and improvement he's shown and focus solely on the negatives because you're a fucking loser who's entire gimmick on this board with your "Black Rainbow" persona is to troll and be as negative as possible.

IMO the only valid critique at this point is the lack of anticipation throws, but that's more a function of it being his first year in a new system with arguably the worst receiving core in the NFL. I'm betting we see a big jump in this department next year.

At this point I'm far more concerned with Getsy's play calling and development as an OC than I am with Justin Fields' development as a QB.

Between wasting half the season before realizing he should be utilizing JF's legs, the forced gimmick plays, the telegraphed bubble screens, and calling 3 straight runs after Fields just threw a second 50 yard bomb, I'm about done with Getsy. Dude needs to throw about half his playbook in the trash and stop calling games like a fucking pussy who's trying not to lose.

In conclusion you continue to be shit poster and JF is the least of this teams problems. It's on Poles to put more talent around him so he's not forced to play hero ball every week. Guys like Pettis and ESB shouldn't even be on the fucking roster next year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny, he's given me and everyone else plenty of indications he's a good passer. Have you tried actually watching the games? ?‍♂️

His pocket presence has improved, he's processing and going thru his reads much faster, and he's thrown some absolute dimes both from the pocket and on the run often turning dead plays into something positive. He's literally the only reason this team has any chance at all. Without Fields this team gets boat raced every week and goes 0-17.

The disconnect here is that you choose to ignore all the positives and improvement he's shown and focus solely on the negatives because you're a fucking loser who's entire gimmick on this board with your "Black Rainbow" persona is to troll and be as negative as possible.

IMO the only valid critique at this point is the lack of anticipation throws, but that's more a function of it being his first year in a new system with arguably the worst receiving core in the NFL. I'm betting we see a big jump in this department next year.

At this point I'm far more concerned with Getsy's play calling and development as an OC than I am with Justin Fields' development as a QB.

Between wasting half the season before realizing he should be utilizing JF's legs, the forced gimmick plays, the telegraphed bubble screens, and calling 3 straight runs after Fields just threw a second 50 yard bomb, I'm about done with Getsy. Dude needs to throw about half his playbook in the trash and stop calling games like a fucking pussy who's trying not to lose.

In conclusion you continue to be shit poster and JF is the least of this teams problems. It's on Poles to put more talent around him so he's not forced to play hero ball every week. Guys like Pettis and ESB shouldn't even be on the fucking roster next year.
Yeah forgot to reply to that specifically. No question anyone with a brain can see he needs talent around him and he will be fine.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Far more?

Getsy's been good. I have to disagree there.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
The last pick was JF1 pressing b/c they down by 2 scores, bad throw there for sure
the 1st pick, it would be nice if scrub 19 could get out of his break faster than a mom doing a 3 point turn in a minivan... so slow
both picks not his fault at all. Who knows the fukin route the WR or the DB? The WR gotta plant and turn and fight for the ball. first one took way to long DB had chance to adjust. Second one he turned aaaand WAITED for the fukin ball like he was alone on the field. Come back to it and fight for it Mr catch radius strong guy. Again DB had time to react. He turned and grew roots. JF like most QBs is throwing to a spot bcuz only you and him know where the ball is going initially. it's your job to get the ball after it leaves his hand. JF had a couple errant throws he's not the golden child but those two ints nope they are on the WRs who know play design and should be helping their young week off rusty QB.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Shit like that makes him second guess if he can trust them to catch it or fight for it and so he ends up running.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
both picks not his fault at all. Who knows the fukin route the WR or the DB? The WR gotta plant and turn and fight for the ball. first one took way to long DB had chance to adjust. Second one he turned aaaand WAITED for the fukin ball like he was alone on the field. Come back to it and fight for it Mr catch radius strong guy. Again DB had time to react. He turned and grew roots. JF like most QBs is throwing to a spot bcuz only you and him know where the ball is going initially. it's your job to get the ball after it leaves his hand. JF had a couple errant throws he's not the golden child but those two ints nope they are on the WRs who know play design and should be helping their young week off rusty QB.
Lol...how is the last one not on Fields?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
That one is definitely on Fields. First one was definitely not.

I've been critical of Fields not throwing with anticipation but it's also clear his receivers suck and so it's worth asking if a quarterback can/should throw with anticipation when he has no confidence his receivers will win.
First one was also on Fields, when the DB was facing Fields the entire time then that would be a high risk throw, If the DB had his back to him then sure that would be a good decision. The DB never bit on the route and turned his hips, so there was no separation there, Fields needs to be able to read that and realize thats a bad option.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is obviously a Bears legacy quarterback.

In the first quarter of Sunday's game, he channeled former Bear QB Bobby Douglass, with a 55-yard touchdown run.

In the fourth quarter, he channeled Jay Cutler (two picks).

In between, he was mostly meh, which would be channeling a long list of Bears QBs over the past two-three decades or so.

Still, he does show those flashes that give you hope...And that, at least, is something.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who gives a shit about next week?! Continue development while losing games and securing a better draft pick is the best case scenario. FA’s see the potential of a rising star in 2023 and want to come here. It’s as simple as it gets.
I agree and have been on the tank for a better draft pick longer than anyone on here. I was simply replying to the post saying we were getting new weapons next week and wondering what they were. Do you know?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'm curious what Trent Dilfer will have to say about this tomorrow. To me, this looks like a combination of a bad decision and late throw by Fields and a terrible route by St. Brown. You can see Alexander had eyes on the play the entire time. Why are you throwing this ball at all here?? I'm no QB expert, but deep comeback routes against zone coverage seems like a bad idea.

Even with a better route, the throw looked late. The only possible explanation might have been that Brown was supposed to stop earlier than he did (around the 30) otherwise that play never had a chance.
Jaire Alexander said that he knows when EQ will try to stop on a route because his breaks are slow and he hasn’t improved

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First one was also on Fields, when the DB was facing Fields the entire time then that would be a high risk throw, If the DB had his back to him then sure that would be a good decision. The DB never bit on the route and turned his hips, so there was no separation there, Fields needs to be able to read that and realize thats a bad option.
Do you know what a comeback route is lol. EQ was supposed to make a hard break and immediately turn and basically shield the ball, he hesitated or turned slow as fuck out of his break and that’s the only reason why Alexander BIT on the route because he knows his former teammate. Jaire was having a terrible game before that

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Alexander (who spoke on the play) the HC and the QB all disagree with you...but you somehow know better than everyone involved. Imagine being this dense and confident about it.

Further, when Getsy speaks on Wednesday I guarantee he'll also disagree with you, when asked by the people on the beat.

To summarize, by the time it's all said and done you'll have 4 people directly involved that have forgotten more about football then you will ever know, or understand. Yet, you maintain this bad football take ?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Alexander (who spoke on the play) the HC and the QB all disagree with you...but you somehow know better than everyone involved. Imagine being this dense and confident about it.

Further, when Getsy speaks on Wednesday I guarantee he'll also disagree with you, when asked by the people on the beat.

To summarize, by the time it's all said and done you'll have 4 people directly involved that have forgotten more about football then you will ever know, or understand. Yet, you maintain this bad football take ?
you make some good points here so I emaild Rodger Goodell and told him about what you said. I asked him to turn that INT into a TD.. will let you know his reply..

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Far more?

Getsy's been good. I have to disagree there.

Yes, like I said, I'm far more concerned with Getsy than Fields at this point.

The fact that it took several months for him to figure out he should be utilizing Fields superior athleticism is incomprehensible. That should of been obvious day 1 of mini-camp and incorporated into his offense during training camp, not half way thru the season.

I also didn't like how scared and passive he called games in the early part of the season barely letting Fields pass the ball. How the fuck is the kid supposed to develop with only 11 or 17 pass attempts in a game? Even worse is how they're been out of the playoff picture for weeks now and he still calls games far to passively. The kid is a great deep ball thrower and we're lucky to get one designed deep shot a game. They should be taking several deep shots every game. Oh did he just complete another 50 yard bomb... better follow that up with 3 straight runs so we can settle for a FG that of course gets blocked.... Brilliant!

I also don't like all the wasted downs on telegraphed plays defenses have clearly figured out. For example, the WR screens that consistently get blown up for 0 yards. Why the fuck does he keep calling them and why the fuck are we throwing them to Claypool of all people? That's not his game. The guy isn't Deebo, they should be using him down the field not asking him to shake and bake on telegraphed bubble screens.

Bottom line: Ask yourself, how many times has Getsy actually schemed anyone open this season? You can count them on one hand. I've got 3 by my count. The 2 big plays to Kmet vs SF and Detroit, and the goal line play to the TE vs Washington that Fields missed on.

I'm inclined to give him a pass this season due to the roster being a complete joke but I've seen very little to be excited about from a scheme and play calling stand point. But by all means, if I'm off base here I'd love to hear about all the amazing things Getsy is doing schematically that I'm apparently missing. I'll wait.. ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you make some good points here so I emaild Rodger Goodell and told him about what you said. I asked him to turn that INT into a TD.. will let you know his reply..
I have no facts therefore I have responded with a statement I believe to be witty