***OFFICIAL***Justin Fields should start, bench Andy Dalton.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was a hotly debated topic all summer in '17 and every week until Mitch started.

Bears fans: We should sit Fields for a year to learn like Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

Also Bears fans: Matt Nagy should be fired Monday morning if he doesn't announce Fields is the starter 20 minutes after the first loss.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am certain the Bears do not think they can legit compete for a division title this year, unless Rodgers is gone and even then Minnesota will compete.

Whether Fields starts or not is predicated on 3 things.....how badly Dalton plays, how quickly Fields picks things up and if Nagy is a real moron.

I am sure Nagy has a plan and, according to Nagy, its probably the smartest plan ever. That plan is to probably play Dalton and let Fields learn for the year.

Fields is smart. Dalton is bad. Nagy is a narcissist.

If Dalton starts losing, and Fields is ready, will Nagy put the plan and ego aside and start Fields?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the plan is to sit him a while but he may force his way into the lineup before midseason. He's actually a lot more prepared from his college system/O than Mahomes was coming out. He's also doesn't need much cleaning up. His maturation will only be about acclimation to the O, players and weekly grind/prep/routine. When we hear about him beating the D as scout QB and then getting 1st team reps in practice, we'll know Dalton's leash is getting short.

Not too worried about him on this stage. Guy looks to have ice in his veins.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m hoping for a camp battle like Seahawks did when Wilson beat out two highly paid free agent qbs. If fields seems ready while dalton looks like a corpse out there he should start. If fields looks overwhelmed then let him sit. Nothing should be set in stone. Give fields a legit chance to compete. Don’t close the door on him starting but don’t just hand him the keys without earning it first. Just like Seahawks draft status or cap status didn’t dictate who starts. Do the same thing here and we can win

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in the let Mitch sit a year camp. I figured he wasn't ready with only one year starting at UNC. It turns out, that was correct. But it did get hard to watch Glennon every week, so I changed my mind.

Remember that after Mitch's rookie year, Fox got fired, and was on ESPN telling ppl Mitch isn't ready. That was correct, but a lot of unreasonable fans didn't want to hear it, and accused Fox of being butthurt about getting fired - he was being frank and was right.

Moral of the story: fans are not at practice; trust the coaching staff. You don't have more football knowledge than an NFL teams' coaching staff.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
while I won't say that I know better than any NFL coach, I can tell you they are human, are subject to irrational emotions and make mistakes.

Based on what I have seen, I think Nagy is perfectly capable of fucking this up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was in the let Mitch sit a year camp. I figured he wasn't ready with only one year starting at UNC. It turns out, that was correct. But it did get hard to watch Glennon every week, so I changed my mind.

Remember that after Mitch's rookie year, Fox got fired, and was on ESPN telling ppl Mitch isn't ready. That was correct, but a lot of unreasonable fans didn't want to hear it, and accused Fox of being butthurt about getting fired - he was being frank and was right.

Moral of the story: fans are not at practice; trust the coaching staff. You don't have more football knowledge than an NFL teams' coaching staff.
That’s a good example that coach might have been right. But some of us are old enough to remember the dog and pony shows of the lovie offseason camp battles. Cap and draft status drove allot of his decisions.

Liked Posts:
If Dalton sucks, he will get benched. Nagy needs to win, and so do some of the aging players on defense.

Unless Pace forces Nagy to keep Fields on the bench, once the L’s start piling up, he’s playing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dalton is a decent qb, but he has always been pretty terrible in pressure situations like the playoffs. Odds are he will be bad with a qb breathing down his neck and lose the job. I do like him and foles and intelligent guys to help fields learn things though

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They're in a tough situation. Its win now mode, as it seems to have been since the Mack trade. Everyone is well aware of my distain for this GM and my uncertainty of this HC. But if it means handling Fields development with care, i'm more than willing to let them take extra time to get him ready to play at this level. Would love to see him week 1 because this is now all about hope and excitement. But I could get behind a mid-season swap at QB, if the kid is ready.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He likely takes Depakote or the like in a cocktail for his epilepsy. These would be the most troubling possible side effects outside of more rare liver damage and he clearly isn't showing any of them.
  • dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, tremors;
  • memory problems, mood changes;
He had full on seizures, not the mild flake out kind. May have dropped him but shouldn't have, considering his history since the meds.

Last edited:

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields is Nagy and Pace's hand-picked QB. If they think he is even remotely ready, and Dalton isn't performing well... Gotta expect they won't hesitate to make the move.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thanks for the lecture bruh

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Am i to assume from this that you a) were at practice or b) are john fox?

valet park your high horse

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Let the OL get sorted out while teams beat up on Dalton and Foles first.. If the new OL pieces are gelling half way through the season then sure give him some reps..

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy goes into it thinking even playing field. I think the biggest issue with Mitch, if he could've been saved, was Fox never had any plans to play him year one, they just flung him out there when Glennon showed how awful he was and the fan demand was so loud.

I'd hate to see Fields have to play because of that, so Nagy and his coaches gotta start developing Fields starting yesterday. And if he outplays Dalton in camp, which shouldn't be hard, give him the keys.

You can just hear it in the air. All Bears fans woke up Thursday hating their team, but most went to sleep with dreams asking is it really our time?

Plus if Rodgers stays pissy and is done in Green Bay, the division is a total toss up and some rough outings will be good for Fields.

I just can't see how in good faith, with all the frowns turning upside down in the fandom, how you can even think to just wait on this kid. We know what Dalton is and I'd rather only have to see him in the case of injury.