***OFFICIAL***Justin Fields should start, bench Andy Dalton.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
The only question I would have for not starting Fields from day 1 is if he is mentally ready for the NFL, because his physical gifts are better than any QB I have ever seen in a Bears uniform.

Is he not as mentally capable as Murray Burrow Lawrence Wilson etc?

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I'm all for Fields starting, Dalton doesn't know the system any better than Fields. This isn't a Smith/Mahommes scenario where Dalton had been here for years and has ran Nagy's system like Smith with Ried's. Fields isn't going to learn that much standing on the sidelines, he should be out there in the game and learning the system.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
What reason is that?........
Look at and compare the results. What's Mahomes done on 2 occasions so far?

You serious? It’s almost like he walked into a already very competitive football team with a competent coach or something. Sitting a year does not make you Mahomes lol. Imagine how good Love must be by now....all that learning lmao

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What reason is that?........
Look at and compare the results. What's Mahomes done on 2 occasions so far?

You serious? It’s almost like he walked into a already very competitive football team with a competent coach or something. Sitting a year does not make you Mahomes lol. Imagine how good Love must be by now....all that learning lmao

Ok so if Fields is walking into a "incompetent situation", don't you want him getting out there with as much mental preparation as possible? He gets a chance to learn from the sidelines. I've seen a lotta Qb's over decades get ruined
after being thrown on the field to soon.

Now as I mentioned in another thread....... IF, it's a Russ Wilson-Matt Flynn type situation......you'd have to go with Fields on day 1

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Ok so if Fields is walking into a "incompetent situation", don't you want him getting out there with as much mental preparation as possible? He gets a chance to learn from the sidelines. I've seen a lotta Qb's over decades get ruined

Now as I mentioned in another thread....... IF, it's a Russ Wilson-Matt Flynn type situation......you'd have to go with Fields on day 1

What situation did Murray walk in to? This mental preparation and only when the OL is good is crap. I've asked for any proof that our OL got moped injured? For every success story riding the pine theres equal for starting day 1

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What situation did Murray walk in to? This mental preparation and only when the OL is good is crap. I've asked for any proof that our OL got moped injured? For every success story riding the pine theres equal for starting day 1

My experience has been....the ones calling for him to start..... are the same ones who will call for his head on a platter if we're losing with him on the field.

IF, it's a Russ Wilson-Matt Flynn type situation......you'd have to go with Fields on day 1

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
If Foles is still on the roster, won't he be the backup? Hate to say it, but I have a feeling Fields will be in street clothes to start the season.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based off what I’ve seen from his highlights.. unless Andy Dalton starts injecting horse tren.. there’s no way he’s not starting week 1.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If Foles is still on the roster, won't he be the backup? Hate to say it, but I have a feeling Fields will be in street clothes to start the season.
You seriously think Fields will be in street clothes to start the season? There is a 0% chance that happens.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
i

Chicago Bears

Justin Fields will be the starting quarterback by Week 10 -- at the latest. The whole Alex Smith blueprint from Kansas City is great, but Andy Dalton is not Smith, who posted a passer rating of 104.7 the year Patrick Mahomes sat on the bench. Do not expect the Bears to enjoy the same luxury from their veteran quarterback, who remains decent but is unlikely to play at the level Smith did in 2017. Read more from Jeff Dickerson

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Who says he wont be mentally prepared ? It seems that some of you are putting your own personal hang ups on Qbs on this kid and its crazy .

What does Wilson and Flynn have to do with anything ? Wilson was a 24 yr old rookie and Flynn had started TWO GAMES in his entire career and that was over a decade ago .

If the Bears are gonna be a run leaning team with play action principles piggybacking off the last year finish then there is absolutely zero reason that Fields should not be the day one starter .

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Is he not as mentally capable as Murray Burrow Lawrence Wilson etc?
i believe he is from everything I have seen, perhaps even more so. I do think the Fields picking up the mental aspect of the game is what will determine when he starts for the Bears. In my opinion this will be sooner rather than later. Week 4 against the doormat Lions.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Might as well pull this thread out for the dumpster fire tomorrow...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Eh just let it be a disaster tomorrow and give Dalton his token start before going to Fields
Lol..I'm getting kinda jacked up for the Rams' funeral.

We'll see how that o-line and defense looks tomorrow - huge stress test for the Bears

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol..I'm getting kinda jacked up for the Rams' funeral.

We'll see how that o-line and defense looks tomorrow - huge stress test for the Bears

I'll save you the time-- it'll look like shit. Looks like everyone's assumption that Goldman coming back would be seamless is anything but that. He's another fucking overpaid bum on this roster

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll save you the time-- it'll look like shit. Looks like everyone's assumption that Goldman coming back would be seamless is anything but that. He's another fucking overpaid bum on this roster
Reported for talking about one of our best defensive players and interacting with one of our worst posters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Reported for talking about one of our best defensive players and interacting with one of our worst posters

He was damn good. But I have doubts about him now

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i

Chicago Bears

Justin Fields will be the starting quarterback by Week 10 -- at the latest. The whole Alex Smith blueprint from Kansas City is great, but Andy Dalton is not Smith, who posted a passer rating of 104.7 the year Patrick Mahomes sat on the bench. Do not expect the Bears to enjoy the same luxury from their veteran quarterback, who remains decent but is unlikely to play at the level Smith did in 2017. Read more from Jeff Dickerson
And no one I'm aware of expects/wants Fields to sit the entire year.
As for the game. Please, please, just don't be a shit show. It looks really bad as a matchup right now.

Last edited: