***OFFICIAL*** Keto Favorite Eats and Recipes Thread

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So being Keto currently I am always bopping around the internet looking for new stuff that I can make that is KETO friendly.

I am sure you can find any recipe you want online, but this is a place to share your favorite recipes, or your go to snacks things that make life in Keto more tolerable.

I'll start:

The wifey and I like to do Taco Tuesday at the house, and Keto of course can make that difficult. Here is our solution.

Burque's Cheese Tacos:

on one large cookie sheet:

Cover with Parchment paper (NOT WAX PAPER or FOIL)

Put six small circles of shredded yellow cheese of your choice (Yellow or a mix, just not all white cheese as it wont harden) I use a fiesta blend. Not too thick, just a nice layer.

Preheat oven to 400
Place in oven for 9 minutes or until edges start to look crispy
remove from oven and either place over edge of deep pan to create taco shape or get one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4MQFC...&pd_rd_r=35dbbed1-2d83-11e9-9383-b9ef8e54b940

We use the metal stand and paper towels to get the extra grease off.

While those are cooking you make your normal taco filling:

Chicken or beef
Shredded lettuce
Sour Cream
a little salsa

They come out surprisingly good, a little greasy, but If you really dab them good and cook them just right they are crunchy and delicious.

Alright guys what are your recipes?

I also like to do the standard:

Ribeye
Broccoli
Side salad with ranch and bacon crumbles

That is super simple though. I am more interested in hearing your outside the box ideas.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not a keto guy, but I imagine this is keto friendly.

Avocado chunk mash with lemon or lime, a bit of green onion, salt and pepper, or whatever you like, mixed with feta

poached eggs on top

I sometimes have with baguette toast (unketo, I know), but a bed of spinach works well also.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
The only Keto specific recipes I made were for protein fluff and Chicken Pizza Crust.

Chicken Crust (for pizzas or whatever)

3/4 lbs chicken breast
1/4 cup mozzerella
1/8 cup Parmesan
1 tblsp garlic powder
1 tblsp dried parsley
salt and pepper

Throw all that shit into a food processor and blitz it until well combined. Spread it out on a parchment lined baking sheet (roughly 1/4 inch thick). Bake 425 for 15ish mins. Then top with whatever you want. I usually made a basic sauce using Mutti tomato puree because it was super low sugar/carbs and was good as shit.

Protein Fluff

Combine:
12 oz any liquid EXCEPT water (I usually used unsweetened almond milk, but sometimes used La Croix)
3/4 scoop of a Casien protein powder (whey doesn't work as good for this)
5 grams Xanthum gum

Then whip the shit out of it. I have a stand mixer and I'd stick the speed on 5 and whip it for a solid 10 minutes. Doing this by hand would be a nightmare. Then add whatever you want for flavor, because the default recipe will be super bland. Definitely add any flavorings AFTER the fluff has achieved fluffiness, other wise it doesn't fluff up to a nice mousse as well.

This is also SUPER filling, I used it as a meal replacement once or twice a week. Protein Fluff seems like a pretty common thing so you can google it to get ideas of what to mix in, a lot of people used 0 calorie sodas, but I personally can't STAND artificial sweeteners.

I commonly mixed in PB2 powder and Erythritol, which is the only non sugar sweetener I've ever found that I like. I don't do Keto anymore but I still use it in place of sugar.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Avocado chunk mash with lemon or lime, a bit of green onion, salt and pepper, or whatever you like, mixed with feta

poached eggs on top

I sometimes have with baguette toast (unketo, I know), but a bed of spinach works well also.

I'm always looking for new ways to consume avocados. Thanks

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tuna patties ; low cost protein meal/snack

Also very simply and easy to make
Generally I use 2 cans of tuna or salmon and 1 egg (or 4 cans + 2 eggs, etc...)
Mix 2 cans of Tuna or Salmon with 1 whole egg, just mix it up enough that you can form patties out of it.

Make your patties.
I make around 3 patties for 2 cans of tuna.

Bread both sides with your favorite bread crumbs , i like Japanese panko .
And fry it in oil. Get both sides nice and browned for that crispy exterior texture.
Easy peezie

Season if you like. I usually put a bit of salt and pepper, keep it simple.
But others have mixed in onions and other vegetables with the patty mix, or leeks if that's your thing.
Also i enjoy tabasco and other hot sauces on them.
Give these a try , you might like em .

I dont know if this is so much keto ,:dunno:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Mix 2 cans of Tuna or Salmon with 1 whole egg, just mix it up enough that you can form patties out of it.

Make your patties.

And fry it in oil. Get both sides nice and browned for that crispy exterior texture.
Easy peezie

But others have mixed in onions and other vegetables with the patty mix, or leeks if that's your thing.

Nice Lou, I might give this a try this week. I have a couple cans of Tuna in my fridge that I bought when it was on sale and haven't touched them. I'll probably do this in the air fryer.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

poached eggs on top

keto approved

So being Keto currently I am always bopping around the internet looking for new stuff that I can make that is KETO friendly.

I am sure you can find any recipe you want online, but this is a place to share your favorite recipes, or your go to snacks things that make life in Keto more tolerable.

I'll start:

The wifey and I like to do Taco Tuesday at the house, and Keto of course can make that difficult. Here is our solution.

Burque's Cheese Tacos:

on one large cookie sheet:

Cover with Parchment paper (NOT WAX PAPER or FOIL)

Put six small circles of shredded yellow cheese of your choice (Yellow or a mix, just not all white cheese as it wont harden) I use a fiesta blend. Not too thick, just a nice layer.

Preheat oven to 400
Place in oven for 9 minutes or until edges start to look crispy
remove from oven and either place over edge of deep pan to create taco shape or get one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4MQFC...&pd_rd_r=35dbbed1-2d83-11e9-9383-b9ef8e54b940

We use the metal stand and paper towels to get the extra grease off.

While those are cooking you make your normal taco filling:

Chicken or beef
Shredded lettuce
Sour Cream
a little salsa

They come out surprisingly good, a little greasy, but If you really dab them good and cook them just right they are crunchy and delicious.

Alright guys what are your recipes?

I also like to do the standard:

Ribeye
Broccoli
Side salad with ranch and bacon crumbles

That is super simple though. I am more interested in hearing your outside the box ideas.
For tacos, I've made some quick low carb ones, I've seen on youtube, in the microwave. Could do them in a pan on the stove if you have hangups about microwaving.

Ingredients go like this, 1 egg, 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder, 5 teaspoons water, Salt, pepper or any other seasonings ya want to add. Mix it all up. Get ya a round, normal size microwavable plate to cook on in the microwave. Spread this out on the plate with a rubber spatula and stick it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Should get 2 tacos with this recipe. Combined, it will give ya about 240 calories, 20g fat, 12g protein and ~4g net carbs.

I keep everything very simple. Lot of eggs, meat and veggies. One thing a bit out of the box would be frying up some veggies in a pan with plenty of bacon grease. You can save your bacon grease you use along the way in a cup for this purpose, the more the better. Cooking in the bacon grease makes brussel sprouts, specifically, a lot tastier. So I'll throw a handful of brussel sprouts, broccoli, onions or whatever you'd want. Gets you extra fats in and makes your veggies taste bacony. Like to do the same with some ground beef. Again, throw some ground beef in the frying pan with bacon grease, even add more bacon if you like, and I'd add onion, garlic, and green and/or red pepper.

I'm always looking for new ways to consume avocados. Thanks
Still don't like my avocado with salt and (no sugar added) ketchup mixed in?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any keto guys go for palak paneer or palak chicken? Pureed spinach sauce with fried cheese chunks or chicken.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Make your patties.

Easy peezie

Could easily be made keto by omitting bread crumbs and using some crushed up pork skins in place of the breading and fry in a keto approved oil, something like tallow, coconut oil, ghee, grass-fed butter, or olive oil.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice Lou, I might give this a try this week. I have a couple cans of Tuna in my fridge that I bought when it was on sale and haven't touched them. I'll probably do this in the air fryer.

Tuna in you fridge Hawk?

Yeah air fryer might work well, i never tried that but that sounds like a healthier version for sure .

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
We also do fried chicken thighs.

Bread in Almond flour or Coconut flour/combo season with standard seasonings.

Egg wash and then bread and fry in oil.

We make our dipping sauces out of sour cream, ranch, and hot sauces. Mix and match until you are happy.

It takes a little time to fry the chicken, but it is worth it when you want something crispy!

Edit: Oh yes, forgot to say that we fry in Avocado Oil.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Tuna in you fridge Hawk?

Yeah air fryer might work well, i never tried that but that sounds like a healthier version for sure .

Youngins these days Lou. They do not know about the wonders of shelf stable canned foods.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could easily be made keto by omitting bread crumbs and using some crushed up pork skins in place of the breading and fry in a keto approved oil, something like tallow, coconut oil, ghee, grass-fed butter, or olive oil.

Yeah i should have mentioned that i often used a extra virgin olive oil, just try not to get it to hot.

great idea on the pork skins

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tuna in you fridge Hawk?

That was a typo. They are canned in my cupboard! My wife was fucking around in the fridge and talking to me while I was posting that is the only thing I can think of

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As to the mention of veggies in bacon grease, I had Brussel sprouts with my lunch the other day at the bar and grill where my daughter works. They were sauteed in bacon grease and fell apart/were somewhat mashed. You wouldn't know they were even Brussel sprouts at first glance. Covered with a little Parmesan cheese, and I added red pepper flakes. Terrific!

A recipe I will certainly make at home.